Red Dead Redemption Part Deux

MalaCloudy Black

I found some vampire guy. Or at least a guy saying he’s a vampire

I hogtied him intending to take him somewhere to see if he burst in to flames when the sun came up. But then I crashed in to a lamppost on my horse literally right around the corner and got all annoyed and embarrassed so I just shot him in the head.

Also, further to the home robbery tip conversation. I have good news and bad news.

Good news: I found Catfish Jackson’s!

Bad news: I broke in when they were there and planned to hogtie him, rob them  and leave. Instead I accidentally lassoed his son, accidentally started stomping his son, then I panicked when the dad started shooting so I shot him (dead), and the panic hadn't quite subsided after that so I also ended up killing his son too. 

So all in all, I think I just killed a man and his child for some assorted biscuits, which I think was the most valuable item I could find.

Good job GAZZ, the blood is on your hands. 

Qzwu.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If anyone feels bad about the debt collection missions...spoiler for either Chapter 5 or 6, not sure.  Pretty sure its 6 though

Doing the two debt collection missions on that chapter, you actually get the choice on one of them to "absolve debt" and on the other the choice of "absolve debt" or "absolve debt and give money".  For the first collection I chose to absolve, for the second I chose absolve debt and give money.  That lead me to get a "Confront Leo Strauss" mission, which I did and resulted in Arthur telling Leo to GTFO of camp and sent my moral alignment to 100% good.  You also get more with the woman who'se husband had died, ending with you giving them money and telling her and her son to go start a new life somewhere

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Man I REALLY wish you had said that spoiler was about the Epilogue... 

• Like 1

Saddest thing I've found so far is riding along the track north of the legendary grizzly. There's a small hut off the path but to get to it you have to pass a howling wolf. It never attacked me. I didn't want to get closer to invoke an attack either. 

The wolf sat there just howling and from a vantage point,  I could see it was sat next to a fallen wolf. Poor lil buddy was in mourning 😢

• Sad 2

RE; Catfish Jackon's

Optimal thing to do is to wait until night when the father is passed out on the front porch, go into the house and hold the son at gunpoint. He'll tell you where the secret stash is. But after going there in the day and hearing them argue and money and the father's drinking problem, I just let it be.

4 hours ago, Kaney said:

I've found a Bigfoot skeleton and a weird hermit/witch that sics her dogs on me. Supposedly there's a wolfman and a vampire somewhere too but eh.

From the top of that mountain, looking south,  you can see the ufo come down from the sky. I think it's about 1-2am

For @Arjen Robben or anyone else who is on to the epilogue...

Could you explain the extent of the Marston section of the game? I know it takes place after a time jump - but can you truly do anything that you missed as Arthur? I assume that it's mostly related to finishing the collection quests, etc. But how does New Austin work? It doesn't make sense to me that you would be able to go there as John - especially considering that it's fully modeled and I can see that the McFarlane Ranch is on the map, etc.

@apsham

You just play as Marston for everything after Chapter 6, and I think you can do some missions you missed with Arthur, or even finished ones you started with Arthur (I started the one with the weird twins in Valentine with Arthur and then finished it with John). There's also little scenes with people you got to know with Arthur that happen if you go and visit them with John. I don't think 

every mission from Arthur's timeline is still available (I could be wrong but I think that's the case) to you cause I think some are timed depending on the chapter, but certainly a good few are there to do if you missed them with him. Blackwater and New Austin is totally open to explore with John, but I think there's the 'canon' of the game/s and there's the free roam, so the free roam is just for you the player, and if you go wandering around MacFarlane Ranch it isn't really meant to create some complication between this and the last game so much as it is for you to just wander about and explore. So if you go there, or anywhere in the desert with John, I don't think you're then meant to think "but I thought John was only here for the first time in RDR1!".

Essentially I think it's just fan service having most of that map from the last game there looking so much better in this game.

Odd...it should be there.  I've never had any weapon just completely disappear.  Even those "worn" ones I've accidently picked up are still in my inventory

Bear with me. This gets a little...out there.

I approached a shack and met one Francis Sinclair. Fast talking guy with red hair and a distinctive birthmark on his right eye. He used a lot of interesting slang Arthur had no idea about. The gist is he was lost and needed to find some interesting rock carvings. For a puzzle or some such. Francis was an interesting duck so I figured I'd give it a go during my travels. I was avoiding the main storyline like the plague regardless.

After a little doing I find'em all and send the locations via the post office. A little while later Francis sends a correspondence telling Arthur he's pieced something together and wanted him to hurry as he was traveling and didn't want to miss him. Arthur arrives and...

Spoiler

Enters the empty shack not finding Francis. There are some VERY interesting notes/sketches on the back of the cabin and a woman with an infant came inside that Arthur assumes is Mrs. Sinclaire. As it turns out her husband is dead. And named Tom. Her SON on the other hand is named Francis. And he has the same hair color and birthmark the man Arthur met has. If anyone is doing this be sure to grab the Old Brass Compass on the table inside. You can turn this into a talisman that slows down weapon degradation by 20%. Effective on all weapons to boot.

Spoiler

On FURTHER investigation after re-entering the cabin, Francis appears to be some kind of time traveler. The carvings in particular showed visions of the future, civilization, science etc. Also...Francis is likely a descendant of Kraff. The god the Epsilon Program of GTA V worships.

Spoiler

Kifflom!

• Haha 1