RuPaul's Drag Race

Mx. Canadian Destroyer

3 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Oh I do, but like, at least RuPaul's Drag Race is on tv in some form or another. 

It is definitely an interesting cast. 

I would prefer if they didn't call it All Stars, given the cast. 

29 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

I'm a bit of a stickler for continuity and symmetry, so I was hoping they would hold off on another All-Stars until after Season 12. 

I think if they do have too many All Star seasons, they are going to burn the franchise out like Project Runway. 

I think even this time it's pushing it. I mean I love Aja but she's not really someone you could ever consider an All-Star, bar the Valentina rant. Same with Morgan really, though she's kind of "part of the family" it seems.

It's odd because with AS2, it was very clear that it was about giving Alaska the win and giving Katya a deeper run. The rest was kind of happy accidents, like giving Tati a stage to go on and be known and loved by a new audience.

But AS3 doesn't have anyone like that, bar Trixie and mayyyybe Shangela and DeLa. Although (spoilers for the season)

Bebe is also rumoured to be a late addition 10th queen, and I can totally see her coming through and winning.

It just seems weird to have an entire season dedicated to righting a wrong and giving Trixie a win, as much as I love her. Then again, Ru knows a good thing when she sees it and the ongoing success of Trixya is probably too good an opportunity to pass on. 

• 3 months later...

We're two episodes into All Stars Season 3.

Not really an All Star cast. More of a "Second Chances" type season. Anyway, it's been fun. I kind of love the seasons where Ru makes them eliminate each other. Creates some fun drama we don't get in the traditional seasons.

Episodes 1 and 2 spoilers:

Spoiler

I was rooting for Thorgy (though Ben is my fave). Was sad to see her go. 

Milk's freakout was hilarious. She was not good enough to be in the Top 3. 

Episode 3 of Drag Race All Stars is up there with Phi Phi getting sent home by Alyssa. I am a huge Kennedy fan and watching her get in that bus and drive that bus over Milk was great. 

Also, Ben is a terrible lip syncer and her run way looks are not great. I think she does one thing very good but is underwhelming everywhere else. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I definitely think Chi Chi should have gone but fuck that was fantastic foreshadowing, storytelling and drama.

Although Chi Chi's runway look might have been my favourite from the last episode. 

I really like Ben but I have to agree. I don't think she can win. I appreciate her trying not to camp it up last night but it really wasn't good. I like "Green Light", but I also don't think it worked as a lip sync song. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Yeah. 

I love Trixie but she should not have won. Shangela totally got robbed. 

I actually thought after that last episode that Kennedy deserved to win over Trixie. She killed it.

Miz Cracker really surprised me. I did not think I'd like but she's great.

Monet X Change is great. Bianca St. Clair looks 12.

Lip sync spoiler just in case.

Spoiler

Thought Kalorie should have gone, even if just based on her outfit. 

• 4 weeks later...