Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

In simming matches their parameters aren't nearly as important as other factors, chiefly their AI. You can have people with all 10s and the best skills but if they never go for the win they never will.

Brock Lesnar left Raw...so I paid him an expensive fee to come in for a show to do his favorite thing: work with smaller guys. In this case PAC because both of them work the Strong style. They had a killer 100% match with PAC going over (H)

And then afterwards a bombshell dropped that Naito quit New Japan. I signed him immediately since his Showman style fits with my promotion. But I then got a note that wrestlers are now losing trust in me, presumably because Naito's default salary is wayyyy more than everyone else on the roster.  So now I think I need to give my whole roster a raise.

4 minutes ago, ksdixon said:

does the PS4 version have this Promoter Mode?

It's DLC.

I've been cordial with all of the other promotions, but figured the mode would be fun if I was at war with at least one of them - and given the SmackDown talent roster I decided that would be the most fun show to try to poach from.  AJ's morale was in the toilet - I offered him a juicy signing bonus and he came aboard.  (H)

Kenny needed a night off, so I held an 8-man tournament which in my mind was for #1 contendership.  Put AJ in the 8th spot in the bracket and imagined in my head that he was a surprise debut.  He ended up winning the thing and then the next month he finally ended Kenny's title reign at 15 months.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

After loaning a few guys to them for shows here and there, NXT agreed to a cross-promotional show with me.  It's five interpromotional matches and you don't know who the other promotion is booking as opponents until you go into the event, with the exception of the title match.  Each promotion has to put a title on the line during the show.

Went 2-1 in non-title matches with Hangman going over Montez Ford, Kenny going over EC3, and Daniels losing to Matt Riddle.  PAC also did his part, retaining the AEW Title against Kassius Ohno.

I really wanted the NXT Title, so I sent Brock in there as a heavy hitter against the NXT Champion, War Raider Rowe (I refuse to re-name him to Erik).  It ends up somehow turning into a violent 20 minute brawl, most of it happening outside the ring.  Rowe takes one German too many and gets CRITICAL'd on the outside.  Brock btings the NXT Title to AEW and I now at long last have a second singles heavyweight championship. (H)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Eric Buschenhagen said:

After loaning a few guys to them for shows here and there, NXT agreed to a cross-promotional show with me.  It's five interpromotional matches and you don't know who the other promotion is booking as opponents until you go into the event, with the exception of the title match.  Each promotion has to put a title on the line during the show.

Went 2-1 in non-title matches with Hangman going over Montez Ford, Kenny going over EC3, and Daniels losing to Matt Riddle.  PAC also did his part, retaining the AEW Title against Kassius Ohno.

I really wanted the NXT Title, so I sent Brock in there as a heavy hitter against the NXT Champion, War Raider Rowe (I refuse to re-name him to Erik).  It ends up somehow turning into a violent 20 minute brawl, most of it happening outside the ring.  Rowe takes one German too many and gets CRITICAL'd on the outside.  Brock btings the NXT Title to AEW and I now at long last have a second singles heavyweight championship. (H)

Have you considered doing a diary in the Cube? I like when you post in here but i think a diary of your journey would be neat.

• Like 1

I've thought about it.  I mean the mode itself is pretty basic but I enjoy creating storylines on my own.

I think if I were going to do a diary, I'd be more inclined to start as a completely brand new promotion, and I'd do what the game recommends and only have each starting promotion begin with 10-12 workers so there's a decent free agent pool.  Or I can go on an edit downloading spree.

Just simmed a 30 minute epic between Kendo Nagasaki and Great Muta (facepaint version). Muta stabbed Kebdo with a fork to the point Kendo was leaving puddles of blood everywhere, constantly sprayed the green mist to the point where he ran out of breath about 5 minutes in and even used a steel chair. Kendo constantly choked Muta and repeatedly hit him with the diving elbow drop which Muta always no sold. Black Tiger ran in but attacked the Great Muta suggesting that it was Mark Rocco in the mask trying to help his fellow countryman. Fortunately Great Muta was saved by his future masked self. After this timeline shattering interference Muta won with the figure four. He now faces Johnny Saint in the next round. 

Also in the next round is Tanahashi (who defeated Cena in the most disappointing match of the tournament) vs Randy Orton (beat Okada), Angle (beat Suzuki after the Angle slam over the top rope to the floor) vs. AJ Styles (beat Omega), and Eddie (beat Tanahashi) vs The Amazing Red (beat Jody Flesich after Johnny Mundo got involved for some reason). Saint beat Doug Williams. 

Having a lot of fun with this tournament. I did start a fire promoter with a Hardcore promotion full of horror characters (with special guests John Zandig and Jimmy Havoc on the first card) but I might just carry on booking dream match tournaments. Really hoping for a mad final. 

2 hours ago, Troy said:

Pretty certain the only limit is how much hard drive space you have.

This is true, and each edit is only a handful of bytes. You can easily have all the wrestlers with no issue.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, apsham said:

I'm getting back into Fire Pro this weekend I think.

Are there any collections that are universally deemed as worth having? Creators that have 100% figured out a formula for creating proper logic, etc?

Pc? I usually go by creators rather than collections because most of the best and most experienced creators have several.

Djkm and senator phillips are pretty good I think. Then you have rev, desertpunk, hellboyhitscar (I think that was the name)... Those are decent in my opinion.

There's a really good one at puro edits but I forgot his username as I haven't downloaded anything from him in a long time. I'll edit this later. Thing is, it's in Japanese and English in the workshop but not in game so I had to create all those wrestlers using his as models just so I could change their names. There's probably a better way to fix this.