Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

So a question about promoter - how does it work when it comes to setting up promotions and stuff?

Does it use the way that you have things laid out in the editor? Or do you go in and set what their rosters look like? I'm just trying to figure out what the game is expecting.

PROMOTION
 -> Heels
 -> Faces
 -> Neutral

Or can you do like

PROMOTION
 -> Four Horsemen
 -> General
 -> Managers

If memory serves, when you first start your promotion you are required to have at least two stables.  Easiest thing to do is just set up a face group and a heel group with the desired crowd reactions accordingly.  But if you want to create more stables and segment them out further (ex Four Horsemen and Wolfpack as face groups, nWo Hollywood and The Flock as heel groups) you can.  If you have less than two stables, you lose popularity.

The stables don't actually impact the mode at all in any other way other than crowd reactions.  You can have stable members face each other or team with other stables and it doesn't matter.  The only reason you need stables is because it's an ingrained part of Japanese wrestling.

How does the mode work if I don't have edits downloaded? Does it just use the little default roster plus NJPW?

35 minutes ago, JMarushin said:

It's on sale today!

Go figure since I broke down  and bought it yesterday 

7A80.gif

• Like 1

Tried firing up the PC version for the first time in ages and now it's just running veryyyyyyyyyy slow.  A lot of lag in the menus and in-game is essentially unplayable.

Not sure what happened.  The game ran smooth as can be several months ago when I last tried.  Was hoping to get back into the PC version since there are so many more edits available.

Verify game files, see if that helps.

4 hours ago, OctoberRaven said:

Verify game files, see if that helps.

I'll give it a shot.  I've also considered deleting my edits, uninstalling and reinstalling since I, yet again, have the urge to build my edit collection up from scratch (only had around 200 or so on PC).  Being able to download whole collections makes the process fly by.

lol so I uninstalled the game, unchecked Steam cloud saves, unsubscribes from all edits, uninstalled the game, full blown deleted all of the edits and the mods completely off my computer.

reinstalled, which of course is now a totally fresh copy of the game with only the SWA roster. menu was even in Japanese originally. and the menus seem fine.

then get into a match and it's still not working. 200x speed matches feel like slow motion.

fuck. totally stumped at this point.

10 hours ago, Meacon said:

@Eric Buschenhagen do you play on the PS4 too? Does anyone know if the PS4 version has collections? I'd rather just get a bulk of people from, say, WCW 1997 than go through and download everyone one by one. 

Unfortunately they don't have collections on PS4.  But if you find an edits you like, you can go to the creators' profile and see if they have a bunch of people from that time period.  And often times these creators will make edits in bulk if they're focusing on a specific promotion or time period.  That's how I fleshed out my roster, most of my NXT and main roster WWE edits are from the same person - and since it's the same person, they're also consistent in terms of how they divvy out edit points.

My issue though is the PS4 edits are just really lacking.  Like on PC there's an amazing collection of 97-99 WCW and then 00-01 WCW.  There's none of that here.  Hell I can't even find everyone from the Attitude Era.  That's why I was hoping to just go back to PC where you can find almost everybody.

Speaking of PC, after looking through the minimum game specs, seems the issue is with a lack of vRAM. You need 512 MB of dedicated vRAM, my computer only has 32 MB because it's the default Intel graphics.  Can't be modified.  Can't change graphics settings in the BIOS, attempted to do the workaround to change the registry and that doesn't work either.

Again, it's not a gaming PC and it's almost 7 years old.  Most of my games are text-based sports sims, or old GTAs so the outdated graphics were never a problem.

So yeah, it makes sense why the gameplay runs slow - but the question is why the hell did it work fine last year?  I just tried 400 speed and it effectively feels like only slightly above normal speed. Maybe I was playing on 400 speed last year and just forgot?

I'm a simmer first and foremost so I can probably just make due with this, but obviously need a graphics card or, more likely, just upgrade PC if I ever want to play newer stuff or get into emulators.

Damn. I'm torn on whether to buy Promoter Mode for the PS4 or PC. On one hand, I play my PS4 more than I play on my PC. But I also love that I can just download in bulk on the PC. I don't think I'd be questioning it if it weren't for the fact that it's on sale for the PC. If the money was even, I think I'd just splurge on the PS4 version. Maybe I'll wait a few more days and see which I prefer when the price is the exact same. :lol: 

• Like 1

I ended up just getting it for both :blush: whatever, the $20 I spent for the PS4 version has already been worth it for the AEW game I've been running.  Now that I know I can still run 400 speed on the computer that just makes me want to download a huuuuuuuuuge roster again for PC and set up a new universe there.  Plus I'll probably be getting a cheapish laptop in the next few months and whatever I get will likely be able to run Fire Pro no problem.

Since it was on sale I figured I'd just buy it now even if its a few months before I seriously dive into it.  Plus I don't mind giving Spike my money for a game that's going to tide me over for a very long time.  I mean I've been playing this on and off for two years now whereas the last five or so WWE games I'd got I was bored within a month.

• Like 1

Has anyone ran into an issue where fpww starts up as just a thin bar. Like the screen goes black amd the window is maximized but the the parts you can actually see is just a thin bar of color in the middle?