Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

Might two football channels be one for domestic and one for European? Don't know where that'd leave the UCL like, but I'd definitely be interested in having just football and wherever the wrestling ends up.

Have they announced the price changes?

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

Might two football channels be one for domestic and one for European? Don't know where that'd leave the UCL like, but I'd definitely be interested in having just football and wherever the wrestling ends up.

Have they announced the price changes?

UCL is on BT.  Would presume the one channel would be for English football, the other for the rest (Spanish, Dutch, Chinese, Scottish and MLS).  Think that's all they've got in terms of leagues outside of England.  The Scottish rights will likely go exclusively to BT as well in the near future.  

4 minutes ago, Marcos said:

UCL is on BT.  Would presume the one channel would be for English football, the other for the rest (Spanish, Dutch, Chinese, Scottish and MLS).  Think that's all they've got in terms of leagues outside of England.  The Scottish rights will likely go exclusively to BT as well in the near future.  

Perfect then, would make sense for this to be how they split the football up. Stick PL and EFL on one, highlights shows in the evening, then all the European stuff together on the other.

Not really. Sky Sports Mix is staying. Prem/Football League across the two main channels during the day, La Liga remains mostly behind the red button until the evening game when there's no more PL (from 7 on a Saturday and 6 on a Sunday), and then Mix would have a lot of the lesser matches plus games from the small amount of European football Sky still cover (just the Eredivisie?).

Pretty sure they signed a new long term deal with La Liga a year or so back when BT were poised to take the coverage, but La Liga wanted to continue the partnership with Sky. 

• Admin
4 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Didn't think about NFL. Think they may stick that on Arena with tennis/rugby as there won't be any live coverage for 6 months out of the year.

Channels can change in the off season. Like now how Sky Sports F1 spends December and January and Sky Sports Darts.

I guess, but it'd be annoying to keep having to change your subscription. If it's easily done online, fine, but with Sky I know you'll have to call them. Paying £18 or whatever for NFL is fine but 6 months worth of Darts is shit. And I don't even hate Darts.

24 minutes ago, Adam said:

Gonna say, I'd pay for the NFL channel in a heartbeat but anything they might change it to from March to August - other American sports, shit like Darts - would get me cancelling immediately.

Isn't there any NFL Network for that?

30 minutes ago, Adam said:

Gonna say, I'd pay for the NFL channel in a heartbeat but anything they might change it to from March to August - other American sports, shit like Darts - would get me cancelling immediately.

This is my issue. £18 a month for all NFL content would be good, but a 12 month commitment would be where they grab people by the bollocks.

• Like 1