Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

Really sad. There is nothing worse for a family to have to go through.

I do think we've been really blessed to be able to share in his short life, he got to experience some great things and for that I'm glad.

Whoever gave the approval for the Jurgen Klopp keyring needs to reconsider their job...seen as though it looks more like Harold Shipman

ship2.jpg

• Like 5

They've announced that new Sky Sports channel thing but I don't get the pricing at all. Apparently it's £18 for one channel, £22 for three or £26 for three but the package for all ten is £27.50 so what's the point? Why would I bother paying for two out of ten channels when I can get them all for only a few quid more?

I was considering getting it when it was first mentioned on here, like just the football ones and whatever has the WWE on, but that's three channels for the price, essentially, of the lot which just seems to defeat the purpose.

Kind of suspected this would happen. There was no way you'd be able to get the football channels and nothing else at much of a saving. 

Also, I take it Sky Sports Main Event will just show the most important thing going on at that time? So Super Sunday would be on there, I presume. 

I'd want both football channels and the golf one anyway, so no point in losing everything else including SSN for the sake of a quid.

Exactly. From what I gather, Main Event only comes with the Complete Package and basically shows all the best stuff that's also on the other channels. Maybe it's for live clashes? I don't know, all very wishy-washy and I'd not mind but they've announced it a week before implementation. They could easily have got £15 a month or something out of me but this doesn't seem worth it at all so I'll stick to the pub and streaming stuff I actually want to see.

Yeah, they're never going to learn. The TV rights bubble is going to burst, our generation just isn't paying that much money for a handful of games. The UK pays the most for the least amount of games.

Great value that. :/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rooney! said:

They've announced that new Sky Sports channel thing but I don't get the pricing at all. Apparently it's £18 for one channel, £22 for three or £26 for three but the package for all ten is £27.50 so what's the point? Why would I bother paying for two out of ten channels when I can get them all for only a few quid more?

I was considering getting it when it was first mentioned on here, like just the football ones and whatever has the WWE on, but that's three channels for the price, essentially, of the lot which just seems to defeat the purpose.

10 channels?! What the hell are the 10 channels going to be? Have they got a list or??

44 minutes ago, Titi Camara said:

10 channels?! What the hell are the 10 channels going to be? Have they got a list or??

Off the top of my head, the channels are:

Main Event, as described above and only available with the other 9.
Premier League
Football (mainly EFL & La Liga focused but contains all the other stuff they show)
Cricket
Golf
F1
News
Action
Arena

Those last two contain Rugby, Tennis, NFL, wrestling, boxing, GAA and Darts but they haven't specified which of the two channels is having what. My assumption is 'Arena' will house Boxing, WWE, Darts, and 'Action' will have Rugby, NFL, GAA although god knows where Tennis fits in.

By the way, your name change is my favourite yet.

• Like 1