Carabao Cup 2017/18

Lineker

• Admin

The EFL Cup first-round draw will take place on Friday - in Thailand.

Thai energy drinks firm Carabao has signed a three-year deal as sponsors of the competition won in 2016-17 by Manchester United.

All 48 League One and League Two clubs will be in the 13:00 BST draw, plus 22 of the 24 Championship teams. Hull City and Middlesbrough will not feature after finishing 18th and 19th in the Premier League this season.

Ties will be played on 8th and 9th August.

Football League chief executive Shaun Harvey will be joined by ex-Arsenal and Chelsea midfielder Emmanuel Petit and Brian Davidson, the British ambassador to Thailand, for the draw in the capital Bangkok.

Jose Mourinho's United side beat Southampton 3-2 in February's final thanks to a late Zlatan Ibrahimovic goal.

The 2018 final will be at Wembley on Sunday, 25th February.

I'd like a nice home tie (or very local away game) against a decent Championship side, last year we got Forest and gave a good account of ourselves.

Of course, I'm sure we'll get Rochdale away or something equally underwhelming.

9 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

Wtf is a Carabao

It's one of those big birds you can breed in Final Fantasy.

There was confusion after the draw, which was streamed live from Bangkok, where the competition's new sponsors, energy-drink company Carabao, are based.

A list of fixtures released by the EFL showed Charlton drawn against two clubs, while AFC Wimbledon were also wrongly recorded as being at home to Swindon - the Dons were drawn at home to Brentford, and Swindon will be away to Norwich.

And Forest Green were listed as being away to Wolves, who were in fact drawn at home to Yeovil.

Yup, went well.

Shaun Harvey and his brilliant schemes work their magic yet again.

Also, we got Bradford away so pretty boring but if tickets are cheap I might pop down.

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

How the fuck did that happen? 

Shaun Harvey, I'm not even surprised.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

How the fuck did that happen? 

Someone from Real Madrid warmed the balls.