What Final Fantasy game to buy?

Guest MuRd0K

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can find it EXTREMELY cheap if you know where to go.

I bought a PS2 game (can't remember what) and i got VII for free.

Given, it was used and only marked for like $3 anyways, but still, free is free.

And I may very well be the only person who's played FF VII and not finished it.

I intend to someday...just not today.

What do people find so fucking great about VII?

I'll admit, its a good game, but its waaaaaaay too fucking easy, and the storyline isn't that great.

I think a lot of people just get off on the 'OMG AERIS DIES~!111!111!!!1111' thing...

I dunno, I found VII at least harder that VIII...and storylines I don't focus that much on, more on the gameplay, sidequests etc.

Oh yeah, the best FF. Nowadays I prefer 9 over 7, I just fancy it more. 7 is an awesome game too though, so it would be best for you to buy both. <_<

6 & 10 I haven't played...I'm gonna though! Anytime now... :(

someone needs to explain me whats so good with X-2, it´s even more shit than 9  :mellow: 

pure fanservice, zero story mucho stupidety :/

Hey come in here and help him decide, not come in here and be a moron and go on about how FF sucks like always :P<_< (I kidd, do not cry :P )

I would say VII or X, well X in my opinion as the graphics are better than any other RPG I have ever seen.

Saying VII is harder then VIII?

I beat VII by accident. I didn't think that the time I fought Sephiroth was the last time, and albeit it I had Knights of the Round, and Omnislash, and beat his ass.

I never beat VII. Its like Zelda II, I played the shit out of it, but never beat it. I could get to the end, but I always fuck up.

FF7--better music, storyline, and sidequests, lots of minigames

FF9--good music, somewhat confusing storyline to me, some excellent sidequests, and few minigames.

FFX--excellent graphics, one good minigame, nice story, (I was expecting something else in it)

FFX-2--about the same as FFX, except that it has more minigames, and a worse story.

FF7. Best. Game. Ever. For the Playstation anyways. I have a sort spot for Nintendo games. If you still have a SNES you can get tons of the FF series from 2-6 on the net and their old school charm rawks.

In order of personal preference (of ones I've played. i.e. not VIII. I've got III aka VI on my computer too but I haven't got round to playing it properly)

1. FFX - really liked the characters. Well, except Kimahri. And the overall 'completeness' of this game, if that makes sense. Auron > J00. Oh, and Blitzball is addictive.

2. FF9 - Aside from the fact that I gave up trying to beat the last boss (eh, what good is an ending sequence anyway), this game was great. I think maybe I like the 'rural' style ones (like this and FFX) as opposed to the 'mecha' style ones (FFVII). Plus I think this is the one I've laughed out loud at most frequently.

3. FFVII - I've owned this game for a couple of years now and I still haven't been able to get into it enough to get past Disc 1. Seriously, I try again every so often and it just fails to appeal to me. The bad guys are good, but I couldn't care less about any of the people in your group.

4. FFX-2 - You...turned...FFX...into...Charlie's Angels...and...Yuna...into...Lara Croft...YOU...BASTARDS~!!! (Blame the perverted fanboys. ALWAYS blame the perverted fanboys. At least rabid fangirls never ruin games :angry: )

Guest bruins72

1. FFX - really liked the characters. Well, except Kimahri. And the overall 'completeness' of this game, if that makes sense. Auron > J00. Oh, and Blitzball is addictive.

I'm the complete opposite when it comes to Blitzball (that the one I was trying to remember). I hate these minigames. I want to play the regular game not their little underwater volleyball/water polo game. I also hate any card games that exist only in a video game. I loved Knights of the Old Republic (playing through again as evil now) but that stupid Pazaak game is a waste of time.

Stokerino = girl?

:o

Anyway, I liked X best, probably because of Wakka yeah?

I do actually refer to myself as a rabid fangirl :P because I am most definitely NOT a perverted fanboy. Rabid fanboy, you ask? Yeah, as if that doesn't imply perverted motives just as badly...

And yes, Wakka is great.

I'm the complete opposite when it comes to Blitzball (that the one I was trying to remember). I hate these minigames. I want to play the regular game not their little underwater volleyball/water polo game. I also hate any card games that exist only in a video game. I loved Knights of the Old Republic (playing through again as evil now) but that stupid Pazaak game is a waste of time.

Blitzball is the only FF mini-game I've even vaguely enjoyed...except for possibly the skipping game near the start of FF9 ;) I can't stand any of the card games and similar. Thankfully with these things you only *technically* have to play 2 games of Blitzball and stop there if you want to. Well...unless you want Wakka's Ultimate Weapon that is, in which case you're going to be there for 40 games plus. Damn sigils.

wakka is to easy to overpower, his atack reels are just.so.dame.strong. with a smal amount of leveling :(

i still havent managed to beat all dark aeons, just to manny other great games, cannot wast time on FFX leveling wen there are item gods left to defeat in Disgaea :D

oh yeah, and the ending of FF9 (and i am tring hard not to flame that the final bose had like, NOTHING todo with the enteire ultra crapy game story) - imagin a bunch of people comming out of a gigant tree.

"doods, that tree is going to explode like right now"

"yeah"

[...]

30 minuts of cheesy talk later

tree "arrrrrrrrrr you fuckers, get lost i need to explode !!!"

"now lets hurry bfore everything gos boom"

"ok"

booom

>_>

i love it wen stuff makes no sens <_<

Edited by Michael Matzat

Wakka was powerful, but he still rocked.

And ever since I came within like 30 seconds of beating the Goers in the first game of Blitzball, I was hooked. Fuckers scored on me though...

Oh, and the opening scene to X has the best music, and is just the all round best opening scene to a FF. 'Bite the hand that feeds you'... KICKASS!