What Final Fantasy game to buy?

Guest MuRd0K

I'd say either VII or X. IMO FFVII is the longest, but FFX is definatly more fun. I've 'almost' completed it twice now (I was about to beat Sin) but for some reason i wanted to start over, and i did...Probs cus the storyline rawks. Plus Rikku is teh sex

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wakka was powerful, but he still rocked.

Have I missed something where being a strong character makes you bad? ¬_¬

And ever since I came within like 30 seconds of beating the Goers in the first game of Blitzball, I was hooked. Fuckers scored on me though...

I actually won that cup (the one in the storyline) the first time I played it. My brother was completely amazed, while I was like "what, was I not meant to?". They thrashed me on my second time in playing it though...

Oh, and the opening scene to X has the best music, and is just the all round best opening scene to a FF. 'Bite the hand that feeds you'... KICKASS!
'Otherworld' = Best. CG. Music. Ever. Not that I've had the mp3 for years now...

Plus Rikku is teh sex

*slap*

Computer generated 13 year olds...the lowest of the low.

Edited by stokeriño

Have I missed something where being a strong character makes you bad? ¬_¬

this is more about bad rationaletys by the game developers than about "sinc wen is being ultra dragonball strong uncool", he just levels way to easy

FF7 took me ~25 houres, thats not long :-X

this is more about bad rationaletys by the game developers than about "sinc wen is being ultra dragonball strong uncool", he just levels way to easy

I guess. Though I'm at the stage now of getting my ass repeatedly kicked by Dark Bahamut (he's sitting in front of the Sun Crest damn him!!!), so speedy levelling up is actually appreciated. ;)

Err, my Wakka wasn't that strong, probably because I never used him though. While FFVII is outdated now, the graphics and shit being below average (they were good for their time, next to modern games they're bad though) it's still the best FF in my opinion. The story was just fucking cool, and Sephiroth > *

Edited by Bas

As per the original question (which to buy:)

Since you've said that you got hooked on FF8 (GOOD CHOICE- IMO FF8 is the best of the series), I would suggest you go with FFX as your second game to go with (the feel of FFX is close enough to FF8's feel so that you'll be most likely to enjoy it as much.) After that, I would go with FF7 (possibly the most essential own on Playstation of all the games), possibly followed by FFX-2 or FFIX.

VII,X or VI. But if you get FFX get FFX-2 after completing it. X-2 obviously makes little sense without playing and completing FFX.

FF7 can last from 20 hours - 100 hours depending on how you go about it.

VI - I haven't done yet, but I'm on 30 hours.

X - Lasted me 70 hours getting absolutley everything and killing everyone.

X-2 - Just takes ages because of the 100% competion thing.

Edited by TEWObsession

To be honest, I never even tried to play FF8 or FF9. I was told they were pretty crappy, and nowhere near as good as FF7. FF7 has an amazing storyline, that draws you into it, you almost feel apart of it. FF10 is also good, I like the graphics and the levelling up process.

If you want a Final Fantasy game, it comes down to either FF7 or FF10.

Ok here's another question.

Of all the FF's on SNES which one is the best? I'm thinking of playing one of them, just not sure which'll probaly be the best.

Was looking up info on the earlier ones and found stuff like this...

http://www.ffonline.com/ff5/images.htm ?

When the early games were rereleased on Playstation in that pact they actually remade the look of it or something??

Edited by Media 2.0

When the early games were rereleased on Playstation in that pact they actually remade the look of it or something??

The redid the FMV sequences, in an attempt to justify putting only 2 games in a box, and charging £20 for it, when they could easily have put all 6 in at once. Sly buggers.

i higly doubt that there was anny FMV in the old FFs that could have been redon :-p

Fine, ADDED then. What can I say, I haven't played them. ¬_¬

Edit: Actually, there could have been bits in the 2D game where, I dunno, a big 2D dragon comes down, or someone does some big magicky thing in the usual relm of unimpressive graphics, or stuff like that. They could have just taken those and made FMV snippets out of them.

Edited by stokeriño

Oh god Michael is back flaming FF :o

I don't care what ANYONE says, FFX has the greatest music/storyline/gameplay EVER. Don't even bother trying to argue about it either, its my opinion so I am not going to even change my mind Michael :P I dunno, there is just something about FFX that makes it just the perfect game.

Moving on though, let me just say I wanted to cry when I first played FFX-2. I still have it in my bedroom, like not touched hardly. I played it for twenty minutes to test it, and just couldn't get used to the whole new style. Like is it that weird throughout the whole game?

I say FFX is the best in the series, everyone has to own it, simple as. FF8 comes second for me, but I haven't played FF7 in some time. Oh and in FF8, that guy at the start who you can play cards agains't? HE IS THE DEVIL! The little shit stole all my cards :o:angry:

Guest MuRd0K

What do people find so fucking great about VII?

I'll admit, its a good game, but its waaaaaaay too fucking easy, and the storyline isn't that great.

I think a lot of people just get off on the 'OMG AERIS DIES~!111!111!!!1111' thing...

'

Fuck.... YOU!

You spoiled the game for me :(.