Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

25 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I've still not watched Avatar and I feel like I'm not really missing anything. Accurate?

You're not. I think you might have liked it when it came out if you'd seen it in a good theater but you've likely seen more visually impressive movies now and the plot is nothing you've not seen before. Some of the supporting cast turn in good performances (Stephen Lang and Sigourney Weaver, specifically) but from what I remember that's about it?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ruki said:

I've still not watched Avatar and I feel like I'm not really missing anything. Accurate?

Just watch the movie FernGully.  Its essentially the same movie, just a guy shrinking down rather then being a blue alien.

• Like 3

Yeah that is weird, Avatar. We saw it and it felt mind blowing because of the bright colors and 3D. But then I really cannot remember much about the characters, or the dialogue. It’s not like one of them great movies where you recite great lines or remember this well told story. 

I saw it the one time in theaters and initially thought it was brilliant, but I’d probably never watch it again and don’t still feel like it wasn’t brilliant. It’s not crap or anything either though.

22 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Yeah that is weird, Avatar. We saw it and it felt mind blowing because of the bright colors and 3D. But then I really cannot remember much about the characters, or the dialogue. It’s not like one of them great movies where you recite great lines or remember this well told story. 

I saw it the one time in theaters and initially thought it was brilliant, but I’d probably never watch it again and don’t still feel like it wasn’t brilliant. It’s not crap or anything either though.

Can't remember what the channel is, but some guys on YT went around, asking people to name a character from Avatar.  When they couldn't do it, the guys kept pointing out this is the highest grossing movie of all time and no one remembers anything about it

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Wasn't Avatar's release right at the moment when 3D was being brought back into cinemas (and as such, was proportionally extra-expensive) and it became the whole "OMG 3D IS ACTUALLY GREAT THIS TIME ROUND, YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS FILM IN 3D" torchbearer? That extra margin on ticket prices had to have boosted the box office something substantial.

Has 3D prices changed though? I mean, here it's certainly more expensive now than what it was but it has always been double the price of a regular ticket. I paid $15.75 per ticket to see Avengers in 3D, that's about the same as Avatar was back in the day. 

Zoe Saldana can boast she's in the top two box office films of all time (no inflation).

Also, a question I have.

Spoiler

I had never seen Thor: The Dark World, but finally figured I'd complete the MCU by doing so. But now I have to ask how the heck did Rocket extract the ether from Jane?!

34 minutes ago, Red Devil-Taker316 said:

Zoe Saldana can boast she's in the top two box office films of all time (no inflation).

Also, a question I have.

Reveal hidden contents

I had never seen Thor: The Dark World, but finally figured I'd complete the MCU by doing so. But now I have to ask how the heck did Rocket extract the ether from Jane?!

Spoiler

Wrong question. The real question isn't how did Rocket get it /out/ but how did Cap put it back /in/.

• Like 1

New trailer dropped this morning...link in spoilers since I'm not sure what really qualifies as a spoiler. But definitely don't watch the trailer if you haven't seen End Game (there is a warning in the video too!)

Spoiler

And trailer spoilery thoughts

Spoiler

Multiverse confirmed? I will trust in the MCU since they haven't stirred me wrong yet but curious to see how this plays out...

Edited by St. Dubb
  • Like 1

Re: a thing in that trailer and also Agents of SHIELD, so there's a "spoiler" that's straight-up been mentioned in the SHIELD trailers:

Spoiler

Not Coulson in the SHIELD trailers has been saying stuff that suggests that he's an interdimensional traveler, so I think there's definitely a Multiverse but... yeah. Mysterio. Marvel has zigged a couple times with character expectations (see: the Skrulls), though.

7 hours ago, Sousa said:

Hide contents

lmao nah that's Quentin Beck, if he's actually from another dimension I'll eat kliq's hat.

Spoiler

I don't think anyone seriously believes Mysterio is going to end up being from another Earth - the question among fans right now seems to be if the multiverse is a real thing, or something Mysterio tells everyone so they believe him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ruki said:

Is Spiderman the last MCU movie this year?

It's the last one anyone knows about in any case since they haven't revealed any details for Phase 4. We could have one in November or have to wait until next June for all we know. Bar having some details suggesting certain films we don't know what we're getting in what order.

Basically, who knows?

I mean, there won't be another one this year, nothing since Far From Home has even started shooting yet. Thusfar every first movie in a phase has come out like a year after the final movie of the last one, it doesn't look like it's going to be dramatically different this time.

45 minutes ago, Jericode said:

It's the last one anyone knows about in any case since they haven't revealed any details for Phase 4. We could have one in November or have to wait until next June for all we know. Bar having some details suggesting certain films we don't know what we're getting in what order.

Basically, who knows?

They're waiting until SDCC to announce Phase 4, according to Feige last year.