Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

I don't even know if we're keeping EndGame things in spoilers any more (I mean it's nearly two weeks, surely anyone interested in this thread would have seen the film by now?) but to be on the safe side, below relates to a major incident in the film and a casting decision relating to it.

Spoiler

The Russos have confirmed that Katherine Langford's role was of a grown-up Morgan Stark who Tony would have met in the "Soul World" after he snapped, similar to how Thanos saw Gamora at the end of IW.

It was filmed and part of the original cut, but was taken out after test audiences were confused by it.

I'm seeing it next week and am annoyed about the number of Avatar spoilers in here...

No seriously you can probably unspoiler, I've been avoiding the thread until my random whim today, would only have had myself to blame at this point.

Okay, based on the above information, I've had a guess at what I think we get in Phase 4. I reserve the right to change any or all of this depending on what happens in Spiderman 2:

VARIOUS ENDGAME SPOILERS MENTIONED WITHIN TAG

Spoiler

1/5/2020: Black Widow
This one is supposedly starting production/filming in June through to September, so it makes the most sense to be the first one. Also quickly follows up on her character's death. Suspected to be set earlier in the MCU, so maybe we'll finally learn what happened in Budapest?!

Sony-verse: Morbius and Venom 2 have release dates of July 31st and October 2nd respectively. How linked in they are, if at all, remains to be seen.

6/11/2020: The Eternals
Again, this one is meant to start production in September through to early 2020, and the recent casting reveals make sense for it to be released earlier on.

12/2/2021: Doctor Strange 2
The third one I've seen has some sort of schedule, supposedly starting after Eternals wraps in early 2020. Suspect we'll finally see Mordo return and it'll delve more into the multiverse if it comes to fruition. Throw in some time travel for good measure.

7/5/2021: Guardians of the Galaxy 3
Confirmed to be happening once James Gunn wraps up the Suicide Squad reboot, likely in 2020. Could see this swap to the later 2021 slot. I'm hoping we get something linked to Nova and learn more about Rocket and Groot's past.

Sony-verse: I suspect we'll get another Spiderman release in July to continue the alternating year pattern. Hopefully gives us a pair of new villains to set up a Sinister Six film, seeing as we've had Vulture, Shocker, Mac Gargan (Scorpion) and now Mysterio introduced.

5/11/2021: Captain Marvel 2
I'm torn on what I think for this one. Part of me wants it to be set in the five-year gap hunting Thanos and covering whatever else she gets up to. Could see it tie into the Eternals somehow to establish them more.

18/2/2022: Black Panther 2
I wouldn't leave it this long but I don't know where else to slot it. They already teased Namor's presence in Endgame so can see this being Wakanda vs Atlantis, which would be amazing.

6/5/2022: Avengers 5
The Avengers films always have an early May/late April release, and in my head I can see it being a Civil War-esque clash against the Eternals. The Fantastic Four will get set up somehow before a feature film in Phase 5.

29/7/2022: Shang-Chi
Apparently has a director attached, and I can see it getting the Ant-Man treatment of being tacked on the end of the phase. Don't know anything about the character so not going to guess what happens other than it being an origin story.

From there, Phase 5 at a wild guess would be:

Ant-Man 3 > Fantastic Four (Dr Strange guest appearance) > Nova solo film > Black Panther 3 > Namor solo film > New Ironman film > Spiderman 4 (Sinister 6) > Shang-Chi 2 > Doctor Strange 3 > Avengers 6 (X-Men battle to introduce them)

48 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Okay, based on the above information, I've had a guess at what I think we get in Phase 4. I reserve the right to change any or all of this depending on what happens in Spiderman 2:

VARIOUS ENDGAME SPOILERS MENTIONED WITHIN TAG

Spoiler

Hide contents

5/11/2021: Captain Marvel 2
I'm torn on what I think for this one. Part of me wants it to be set in the five-year gap hunting Thanos and covering whatever else she gets up to. Could see it tie into the Eternals somehow to establish them more.

There wouldn't be any Thanos hunting in the 5 year gap.  She was there in the Garden when Thor killed him, then the movie went 5 years into the future.  There's not Thanos to hunt

Finally got to see it last night. Won't really post any spoilers. Was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Very exciting, very emotional. Funny, adventurous, heartbreaking, different from a lot of MCU films, but just as good, a total experience all the way through. Gotta see it again soon. 

More Endgame musings

Spoiler

I've just realised that Peter Quill's story gets horribly overlooked during the film. This is first visit back to Earth since he was kidnapped from there as a child, he fights a battle, then gets back in a ship and leaves again.

I know it's not a GOTG story or film but I would have thought they could have squeezed in 30 seconds of Quill visiting his mother's grave for the first time.

13 hours ago, Chris2K said:

More Endgame musings

Hide contents

I've just realised that Peter Quill's story gets horribly overlooked during the film. This is first visit back to Earth since he was kidnapped from there as a child, he fights a battle, then gets back in a ship and leaves again.

I know it's not a GOTG story or film but I would have thought they could have squeezed in 30 seconds of Quill visiting his mother's grave for the first time.

Spoiler

On a related note, my only other gripe is that we never got to see any sort of Drax/Thanos face off except for the weird Reality Stone stuff at The Collector's :(

17 hours ago, tristy said:

I think we should probably drop the spoiler boxes now since Marvel is posting clips on their YouTube page and the TV spots spoil a whole bunch of shit.

Or it's fine to keep the spoiler tags for those who haven't seen it yet for one reason or another and those of us who have seen it can try our very best to suffer through one extra click.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Ollie said:

Or it's fine to keep the spoiler tags for those who haven't seen it yet for one reason or another and those of us who have seen it can try our very best to suffer through one extra click.

But Ollie, if we're being considerate to others, how are we able to be a bit of a cock?!

And the directors have lifted the spoiler ban. And Marvel themselves have TV spots and clips on Twitter that spoil a bunch of shit... I guess Marvel and the Russo Brothers and the entire cast are dicks!

I don't think I care desperately either way if someone uses a spoiler tag but I do have to concur that after two weeks it's perfectly fair for someone to not use them.

• Like 1

I've actually been thinking recently that big things like Endgame and Game of Thrones, etc should maybe get their own spoilers threads so people that have seen it can talk without multiple pages of just spoiler boxes. 

Just a thought. 

• Like 1

Bit of a follow up:

Spoiler

I would be totally into a gritty Leftovers style miniseries about the aftermath of the snapped people returning. It's such an interesting idea with people coming back to grown up kids, potentially remarried partners etc. What if Gary Lineker disappeared and they replaced him with Kevin Nolan and he was inexplicably brilliant? What next for Gary? The possibilities are endless.

Also they'd have to massively step up food production again, and something about economics and that.

Watching the Spiderman trailer it looks like they've copped out a bit with all his mates having disappeared too. :(