Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

6 hours ago, tristy said:

And in the process, yet again, production on Akira is indefinitely delayed.

Goddamnit.

A live action Akira is never going to work

I disagree, I think it would have especially worked with Taika at the helm. But it's okay, because we're getting an Akira anime from the creator, and Taika is doing Thor 4.

Edited by tristy

2 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Uhhh excuse me Sir?  This is the MOVIE thread!  Not the TV thread! :P

Plus we need something to talk about in that thread since SHIELD is done for the year :(

Edit:  NEvermind, I thought SHIELD was only doing a 10 episode season.  2 more weeks of SHIELD! :wub:

• Like 1

Honestly I'm not sure how to handle a non Wesley Snipes Blade. I know a lot of time has passed but he's barely aged, and he's Blade in the same way that JK Simmons is J J Jameson. Unless they go early comics and make him a Cockney, in which case I'm all in. Danny Dyer in blackface or something.

• Haha 1

Also I've seen "Far From Home" in theaters. I really enjoyed it, but in hindsight it is a bit weird that

Spoiler

someone like Stark, who was all about making superheroes accountable for their actions (even going so far as to signing the Sokovia accords to accomplish this), would not only have a device that lets him access everyones private data as well as order a drone strike on whomever he wants (wasn't that exactly what the Hydra-infiltrated S.H.I.E.L.D. wanted to do and wasn't that presented as immoral in Captain America 2?), but also bequeath that device to a 16-year-old who he himself didn't think was ready to be a superhero on the big stage? And no one questions that? Nick Fury is okay with that? And the rest of the Avengers as well?

And what is it with everyone suddenly pushing Peter Parker to be Spiderman and not caring about his feelings? Fury coerces him to fight alongside Mysterio and shames him when he mentions that he might want to live a normal live. Wasn't there really anyone else available? Or are they all traveling alongside Nick Fury on that Kree spaceship? I really felt bad for Peter.

As someone completely unfamiliar with "Female Thor" in the comics, I'm a bit confused with how that mantle gets passed down to another person? I mean "The God of Thunder" I understand, but Thor is his actual name. Do they actually refer to her as Thor? 

7 minutes ago, iDOL said:

As someone completely unfamiliar with "Female Thor" in the comics, I'm a bit confused with how that mantle gets passed down to another person? I mean "The God of Thunder" I understand, but Thor is his actual name. Do they actually refer to her as Thor? 

IIRC basically she wields Mjolnjr or however it's spelled because Thor can't, and because she's wielding the hammer she goes by Thor, Goddess of Thunder.

11 minutes ago, LittleDaniel said:

IIRC basically she wields Mjolnjr or however it's spelled because Thor can't, and because she's wielding the hammer she goes by Thor, Goddess of Thunder.

Strange then. 

Falcon should now be called Steve instead of Captain America 😅

I'm almost surprised that they haven't tweaked the comics storyline slightly to make someone other than Jane Foster female Thor given how marginalised she's been in the films. I know she was kind of in Endgame, but it's a good while since she's been around and Portman probably isn't as big a name as she was five years ago. That said I like Natalie Portman and have full faith in Waititi.