Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

I always liked Portman's Jane Foster. A bit of a thankless role at points but she and Hemsworth had fun chemistry and even though she's not actually filmed anything new in those movies since like six years ago, they actually made a point of her absence a couple of times so it's not like if Liv Tyler suddenly showed up as Betty Ross again.

more importantly I hope this serves as an excuse to get Kat Dennings back, gimme Darcy in a Taika Thor movie.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, iDOL said:

As someone completely unfamiliar with "Female Thor" in the comics, I'm a bit confused with how that mantle gets passed down to another person? I mean "The God of Thunder" I understand, but Thor is his actual name. Do they actually refer to her as Thor? 

I think he gets referred to as The Odinson while she gets called Mighty Thor.  Taika has had this to say about it

wcr23hdqspb31.jpg

• Like 2

FanThorStic

I'd be 1000% on board with Jane becoming Thor in the MCU if the previous films had done a better job establishing her but I really didn't care for her in Thor 1 & 2. 

Blade was a pleasant surprise and Ali is so very talented. 

I'm not very excited for the next few movies. I'm more interested in the TV shows. The previous MCU movies were automatic, "Man, I have to see that in theaters." But. after Endgame, some of these films are gonna have to win me over. Of all the ones that'll be coming out in the near future, I'm most excited for Doctor Strange 2. I'm a sucker for multiverse stuff and I'm intrigued by the horror aspect.

I'm quite keen for Shang-Chi so they can tidy up the Ten Rings plot. Think War Machine would be a great 'guest' hero as well.

After Ragnarok Taika can do whatever he wants with Thor and I'm on board.

I was least interested in the Eternals but the cast for it looks great so I'm sure they'll kill it.

Kevin Feige says they're making Blade mainly because Mahershala Ali called and asked if he could play him.

Also I guess this absolutely splits the Netflix shows from the MCU if he can play two completely different major characters (I know Alfre Woodard had a cameo in Civil War as well as play Mariah).

They'll definitely just handwave it with the multiverse thing.

I think there's two years until they can use the characters again, so it wouldn't shock me if we got Daredevil in the next Spiderman as the lawyer getting him out of the trouble he's clearly in. I just want them to keep Charlie Cox on for it because he was brilliant.

14 hours ago, Jericode said:

I'm quite keen for Shang-Chi so they can tidy up the Ten Rings plot. Think War Machine would be a great 'guest' hero as well.

After Ragnarok Taika can do whatever he wants with Thor and I'm on board.

I was least interested in the Eternals but the cast for it looks great so I'm sure they'll kill it.

And Chloe Zhao is a proper exciting choice as a director. 

25 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

And Chloe Zhao is a proper exciting choice as a director. 

I've liked the stuff you've directed.  So if you like the director, then I am hopeful for The Eternals

• Like 1

On 21/07/2019 at 18:38, Hellraiser said:

Also I've seen "Far From Home" in theaters. I really enjoyed it, but in hindsight it is a bit weird that

Hide contents

someone like Stark, who was all about making superheroes accountable for their actions (even going so far as to signing the Sokovia accords to accomplish this), would not only have a device that lets him access everyones private data as well as order a drone strike on whomever he wants (wasn't that exactly what the Hydra-infiltrated S.H.I.E.L.D. wanted to do and wasn't that presented as immoral in Captain America 2?), but also bequeath that device to a 16-year-old who he himself didn't think was ready to be a superhero on the big stage? And no one questions that? Nick Fury is okay with that? And the rest of the Avengers as well?

And what is it with everyone suddenly pushing Peter Parker to be Spiderman and not caring about his feelings? Fury coerces him to fight alongside Mysterio and shames him when he mentions that he might want to live a normal live. Wasn't there really anyone else available? Or are they all traveling alongside Nick Fury on that Kree spaceship? I really felt bad for Peter.

Spoiler

1. Sokovia Accords are non-factor in a post Thanos world. I think it's reasonable for Stark to realize that the Accords broke the Avengers up and possibly is the reason they lost in Infinity War. He also pointed out that he was right with needing a shield around the world (he says this early on in Endgame). 

2. This is Talos, not Fury. Talos is probably too much of a solider and doesn't relate to Peter in that regard.

• Like 1

On 25/07/2019 at 09:59, Jericode said:

Genuine question @Jimmy if you could direct a film for any Marvel character who would it be?

Mostly want to know so I can get the Twitter campaign started early.

Ha, never thought about it that much, I think it'd be a lot of fun to do something with Moon Knight. 

Or maybe like a really small scale X-Men film.