Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

Sony should have just let Marvel have Peter Parker for the MCU on the deal they had and just make Miles or Gwen movies on their own.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JMarushin said:

Finally got around to watching end game after avoiding spoilers for months!

What'd you think?

On 15/09/2019 at 01:41, Lint said:

What'd you think?

Spoiler

I really enjoyed it! I thought it wrapped up the Infinity Saga very nicely. Here are some more detailed thoughts:

• I really liked how they portrayed the post-Snap world - how people reacted, how they moved on (or didn't) - I wouldn't have minded seeing Iron Man wrestle a little bit more with his decision but ultimately they did a nice job telling the story of the Vanished and the remaining folk and how the heroes reacted to their defeat
  • The rat stepping on Ant-Man's controller was hilarious and a nice way to introduce the plot in a very "comic book" sort of way and it was awesome to see Paul Rudd/Ant-Man get to play a pivotal part in the story
  • My wife really liked what they did with the Hulk, thought it was an effective way of moving his character forward
  • I really thought they handled the Time Travel stuff very well - it had an air of "we don't know what is going to happen!" while still having the phenomenon have roughly clean rules to avoid plot holes which not all movies/shows/etc. do well.
  • Thanos figuring things out was a great way to keep him as the villain in the context of the story and really add an air of badass-ness to him, even struck a sense of dread inside me even though I figured the heroes would pull it out.
  • I thought all of the characters were handled very well; their motives were all presented in good fashion, they made sense - just did a really rich job of telling everyone's story
  • Iron Man's feat at the end there had me bawling - knowing his little girl just lost her father; it didn't help that my 1.5 year old little girl was very tired and was crying after spilling some water on himself
  • Thought Iron Man and Captain America were given really fitting, very ironic endings: Stark, post-snap, has the life he's always wanted (more or less) - with Pepper and his daughter living a simple, happy life together - Thanos is dead, the infinity stones are gone, threats are being handled by the remaining Avengers and Captain Marvel. Meanwhile Captain America has long since given up his life and his love to his duty to America and the Planet, post-snap he's trying to piece the world back together and protect what is left. In Endgame Stark finishes his transformation from selfish to selfless when he gives up his "perfect" life and ultimately pays the greatest cost to give everyone a chance at that life; meanwhile, Captain America gets to go back and live with Agent Carter and live that perfect life, free of the duty of being an Avenger, and then transport back to present time to pass on his mantle and retire peacefully. Interesting twist of fates (hardyboyz.jpg) between those two main characters.
  • The end battle scene was awesome and when the good guy forces arrive, I got goosbumps - thats a good sign haha
  • The only real plot hole I noticed was: what happened to the timeline branch where they botch the theft of the Tessaract, Loki gets it, and sneaks away? Did Cap go back and right that wrong? Is that a new timeline that a different character needs to go back and tackle? Does Loki win in that one? 

2 hours ago, JMarushin said:

Hide contents

I really enjoyed it! I thought it wrapped up the Infinity Saga very nicely. Here are some more detailed thoughts:

• I really liked how they portrayed the post-Snap world - how people reacted, how they moved on (or didn't) - I wouldn't have minded seeing Iron Man wrestle a little bit more with his decision but ultimately they did a nice job telling the story of the Vanished and the remaining folk and how the heroes reacted to their defeat
  • The rat stepping on Ant-Man's controller was hilarious and a nice way to introduce the plot in a very "comic book" sort of way and it was awesome to see Paul Rudd/Ant-Man get to play a pivotal part in the story
  • My wife really liked what they did with the Hulk, thought it was an effective way of moving his character forward
  • I really thought they handled the Time Travel stuff very well - it had an air of "we don't know what is going to happen!" while still having the phenomenon have roughly clean rules to avoid plot holes which not all movies/shows/etc. do well.
  • Thanos figuring things out was a great way to keep him as the villain in the context of the story and really add an air of badass-ness to him, even struck a sense of dread inside me even though I figured the heroes would pull it out.
  • I thought all of the characters were handled very well; their motives were all presented in good fashion, they made sense - just did a really rich job of telling everyone's story
  • Iron Man's feat at the end there had me bawling - knowing his little girl just lost her father; it didn't help that my 1.5 year old little girl was very tired and was crying after spilling some water on himself
  • Thought Iron Man and Captain America were given really fitting, very ironic endings: Stark, post-snap, has the life he's always wanted (more or less) - with Pepper and his daughter living a simple, happy life together - Thanos is dead, the infinity stones are gone, threats are being handled by the remaining Avengers and Captain Marvel. Meanwhile Captain America has long since given up his life and his love to his duty to America and the Planet, post-snap he's trying to piece the world back together and protect what is left. In Endgame Stark finishes his transformation from selfish to selfless when he gives up his "perfect" life and ultimately pays the greatest cost to give everyone a chance at that life; meanwhile, Captain America gets to go back and live with Agent Carter and live that perfect life, free of the duty of being an Avenger, and then transport back to present time to pass on his mantle and retire peacefully. Interesting twist of fates (hardyboyz.jpg) between those two main characters.
  • The end battle scene was awesome and when the good guy forces arrive, I got goosbumps - thats a good sign haha
  • The only real plot hole I noticed was: what happened to the timeline branch where they botch the theft of the Tessaract, Loki gets it, and sneaks away? Did Cap go back and right that wrong? Is that a new timeline that a different character needs to go back and tackle? Does Loki win in that one? 

For your last bullet point: 

Spoiler

We're getting a Loki TV show on Disney+ that will presumably answer your questions as to what what happens to that timeline's Loki. THR said that he'll be doing quite a bit of time travelling himself, somehow, so I guess we can only wait and see. 

12 minutes ago, Benjamin said:

For your last bullet point: 

Hide contents

We're getting a Loki TV show on Disney+ that will presumably answer your questions as to what what happens to that timeline's Loki. THR said that he'll be doing quite a bit of time travelling himself, somehow, so I guess we can only wait and see. 

Spoiler

Oh nice, that is interesting! I think we are planning to get Disney+ so bonus! :)

• Like 1

“I am thrilled that Spidey’s journey in the MCU will continue, and I and all of us at Marvel Studios are very excited that we get to keep working on it,” said Feige in a statement. “Spider-Man is a powerful icon and hero whose story crosses all ages and audiences around the globe. He also happens to be the only hero with the superpower to cross cinematic universes, so as Sony continues to develop their own Spidey-verse you never know what surprises the future might hold.”

Interesting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

I'm a bit apprehensive about that bolded part. I don't need their bland Venom and whatever fucking weird Carnage Woody was trying to portray at the end of that film in my MCU. 

I think it's more saying that Spider-Man can be in both universes, not that Venom/Carnage would be joining the MCU.