Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

1 hour ago, Colly said:

Don't the Spider-Man films exist in some weird middle ground creatively? Otherwise Iron Man et al have been in a Sonyverse film?

Sony is referring to their films as the Sony Universe of Marvel Characters (SUMC).  Which I guess kinda makes sense...did the MCU ever talk about anything that happened in Spider-Man: Homecoming?  We have yet to see how they'll address  Spider-Man Far From Home, but it wouldn't surprise me if Marvel Studio's kinda of ignores what happens in the stand along Spider-Man movies  

If we're being very specific then the Iron Spider suit that Spider-Man wears in Infinity War/Endgame was introduced in Homecoming, also Ned was in the reunion scene in Endgame.

I very much doubt Marvel Studios are not treating the events of standalone films as happening even if they don't directly reference them, they've had Tony Stark, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, skrulls and mentions of kree cells and the Far From Home post-credits scene with Fury clearly sets up a future MCU storyline.

I'm sure Feige is heavily involved in the Spider-Man films too as that was one of the bargaining issues during the brief breakdown in negotiations.

6 hours ago, Josh Mulaney said:

I just watched that Morbius trailer and it was unbelievably shit.

My personal feelings about Leto aside, it just looks so generic. I feel like I've already watched the movie from the trailer alone. It's a shame, because it's kinda awesome that a Mobius film exists, but yikes, there's nothing about that trailer that suggests it's going to be anything more than resoundingly okay.

Also Jared Leto is a dick.

• Like 1

I'm really confused. Why are we saying that the Spider-Man movies are not a part of the MCU? They're heavily referenced both within the Avengers and other standalone MCU films (Far From Home was the last one, but I'm sure it'll effect future movies with the huge reveal at the end). 

Spider-Man movies are a part of the MCU, but the spin-offs like Morbius and Venom aren't recognized as canon by Marvel Studios. So if you're an MCU timeline freak, the only things that matter are the Spider-Man movies. 

2 hours ago, tristy said:

Spider-Man movies are a part of the MCU, but the spin-offs like Morbius and Venom aren't recognized as canon by Marvel Studios. So if you're an MCU timeline freak, the only things that matter are the Spider-Man movies. 

For everyone's own sanity, I think we should all just not recognize the spin-offs as existing at all. Venom was not good, and this Morbius does not look good either. 

That's pretty subjective, though. Venom was average to decent for my tastes, and the Morbius trailer (while it doesn't set my world on fire) isn't exactly HORRIBLE either.

I also don't let how shitty an actor is in real life ruin my enjoyment of movies, though. So...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The New Mutants

Releasing

April 13th, 2018

February 22nd, 2019

August 2nd, 2019

April 3rd, 2020

I really think this movie is cursed

• 2 months later...
On 14/03/2020 at 19:46, Tigerstyle said:

At this point I’d just dump New Mutants on to Disney+ with some fanfare

Its been delayed (again) due to Covid19.  I've actually seen, somewhere, that Fox had a deal with HBO and all their movies would appear first there before other streaming services until, like 2022.  That is why Disney keep insisting New Mutants gets a theater date, because they can't release it for streaming without another company profiting.

Also, I don't care how many times I've seen Endgame

Tony, look at me. We're gonna be okay. You can rest now.

makes me cry every time

• Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone interested, a mate of mine has brought out a trivia quizbook for the MCU. He's done around half a dozen or so quizbooks now on different shows and films and they are pretty good. 

Here's his FB page, where he's currently running daily polls to determine the audience's favourite MCU film as a part of tie in promotion: https://www.facebook.com/RJQuizBooks/

• 1 month later...