Marvel Cinematic Universe Movie Thread

Hellraiser

I've been at the theater where the crowd lost it a few times and honestly it's actually a kind of great experience.  My personal favorite was The Mist.  The friend I went with jumped to her feet and cheered when Mrs. Carmody got shot and the rest of the people in the crowd joined in because she was just so hateable.

• Like 1

My favorite film reaction is the Rey and Kylo Ren kiss in Episode IX that Lucasfilm actively tried to have be their big "cheers and applause" moment that was met in my theater with complete and utter silence. Like a hilarious level of silence, usually you get a seat rustling sound when it's quiet in a theater but not even that.

• Like 4

My favorite was when Martin Sheen was thrown off the roof in The Departed and the theater was dead quiet initially and then someone softly laughed and the theater erupted in laughter. 

• Like 1

My favorite was in the Simpsons movie, when it popped up saying Intermission, some guy yelled out what the fuck and made everybody laugh.

There was some cheering when I saw Endgame, but not as much as I thought there would be. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

'Kit, I've got a role for you! You play a skilled warrior with a massive sword. The lead female role is called Cersei. Richard Madden is already confirmed. You in?'

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Semi wrong thread I guess, but I enjoyed New Mutants far more than I thought I would. Just separate enough to any other Marvel or X-men films to feel very different, but I'd be perfectly happy for all the actors involved to join the MCU eventually. Nice little 90 minute film.

• 2 weeks later...

AVClub has their review of Black Widow up. B- grade, “fun dysfunctional family sitcom until it goes full Marvel”. 

I've read two reviews so far that describe it as "different from other MCU movies" and the "least Avengers-like in the series". So, as usual, every reviewer is going to see this film differently.

Me, personally? I'm fine if it goes "full Marvel", because I'm watching a Marvel movie. I'm not expecting Coppola-level stuff here.

• Like 2

Bautista is vocally anti-Trump as well as anti-most Republicans and apparently Marvel is “concerned” with his recent tweets, such as one saying any “human piece of shit” that aligns with Trump is, well, “a human piece of shit”. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, CLDY said:

Bautista is vocally anti-Trump as well as anti-most Republicans and apparently Marvel is “concerned” with his recent tweets, such as one saying any “human piece of shit” that aligns with Trump is, well, “a human piece of shit”. 

He just keeps getting cooler. 

• Like 1

On 30/06/2021 at 00:24, tristy said:

I've read two reviews so far that describe it as "different from other MCU movies" and the "least Avengers-like in the series". So, as usual, every reviewer is going to see this film differently.

Me, personally? I'm fine if it goes "full Marvel", because I'm watching a Marvel movie. I'm not expecting Coppola-level stuff here.

I always find this quite an interesting take, because it sort on infers there's a limit on what a Marvel film can be. 

I always approach Marvel films in the knowledge of what they are, and like I'm also fine with that, but I would actively like to see them take more risks. And I think they can afford to. I think we'll get more interesting films and a more diverse set of movies for it. 

Having been a bit deflated by Wandavision's descent into "full marvel", it's a shame to hear this might do something similar. 

That said, I'm in for it. I'll watch it, probably enjoy it, but I still think it's okay to want more. 

• Like 1

That's just how I, personally, feel. We're on separate sides with WandaVision too, where I really didn't like the sitcom stuff all that much, and was waiting for the "full Marvel" stuff that we got towards the end. Maybe it'd be more tolerable the second time around on a binge watch, though. I didn't like seeing what was basically a 50s sitcom and then waiting a week to only get a 60s sitcom (but now with a sliver of Marvel stuff outside the town).

Would I hate it if they tried something "new" or different or whatever? No, not really. They can, and probably will in the future, depending on the reaction to Eternals. If it was up to me, I rather just watch Ant-Man or something than watch the first few episodes of WandaVision.

But, again, that's just me, and I realize I might be in the minority on this board with that opinion. I'm fine with that, honestly.

• Sad 1