Favorite Youtube Channels

Lint

7 hours ago, MadJack said:

Kinda worried to go back through this topic just to see how many of our faves ended up being problematic >_> 

I ended up pretty good, aside from having been subscribed to Channel Awesome at one point!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Lint said:

I ended up pretty good, aside from having been subscribed to Channel Awesome at one point!

I wonder if I still have my rejection email from them somewhere.

DankPods, specializing in iPod modding but also looking at iPod related accessories, headphones, other mid 00's portable music devices etc. It's a bit of a niche subject but he has personality in spades which keeps things entertaining. Video above isn't exactly the core content but I felt obliged to feature it for it's hot technology on sofa Ashens type action and the banging Cashies song.

Also, he does Simpsons remix type music on his other channel. Not exactly the ol' Simpsonswave that our pal GA used to dabble in but it's something.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Tc2hZAY.png

"New York Times best selling author Lindsay Ellis" isn't really something I ever expected to happen, but I'm glad it did!

• Like 2

On 30/07/2020 at 18:57, Lint said:

Tc2hZAY.png

"New York Times best selling author Lindsay Ellis" isn't really something I ever expected to happen, but I'm glad it did!

I only occasionally watch her videos, so I didn't about her writing a book until last week when there was a big interview on the front page of the San Francisco Chronicle's entertainment section. I'll definitely pick this up.

• 2 weeks later...

I've posted about Forgotten Weapons before, but this is a good example of a video where he does a more deep dive into the history of the gun.  Really interesting

Edit:  He later posted a correction video about that other video because he had some info wrong

• 2 weeks later...

This is a smaller channel that I like that doesn't upload super regularly -- they generally make videos on Central and South American history. This one is a timelapse of the map of the Mexican War of Independent set to Marquez' Danzon no 4 that I didn't think I would find interesting but the music synced up great.

• Like 2

On 04/09/2020 at 01:46, Hellraiser said:

Lindsay Ellis' new video in which she delves into the Omegaverse lawsuit. Viewer discretion is advised. Go to 00:02:28 if you want to skip the bleeped smut:

Lindsay AND Legal Eagle?!  This is the best crossover since Lindsay and Todd In The Shadows!

Edit: Probably other YT people I don't know, but Jenny Nicholson too?  I'm in!

On 09/09/2020 at 07:13, Lint said:

Lindsay AND Legal Eagle?!  This is the best crossover since Lindsay and Todd In The Shadows!

Edit: Probably other YT people I don't know, but Jenny Nicholson too?  I'm in!

Todd is also in that video!

I watch most of Linday Ellis' videos with my girlfriend these days. She has only gotten into them through me and I've been watching Lindsay's videos since literally the first day her first video dropped on TGWTG. Todd popping up in a couple of more recent Lindsay videos after having been a frequent cameo guest back in the NChick days is always nice to see.

It's also cool to see that she thanks him in her book.  Although you have to know what his real name is to know its him :shifty:

Also this 1hr long Dan Olson masterclass on Flat Earthers/QAnon dropped the other day:

• 3 weeks later...

Well turns out The 8-Bit Guy is a piece of shit

buncha history youtubers (only a couple of which I'd heard of) put together a playlist talking about different aspects of history of the Indian subcontinent, so if you're like me and always want new talky smarty youtubers to check out here ya go!

also, re: dan olson, yeah I think that flat earth/Q video he did was easily one of the best things he's done (and he's already really good)

Edited by LittleDaniel