Favorite Youtube Channels

Lint

On 9/4/2017 at 03:58, Apsham said:

RedLetterMedia I subbed to initially only for Best Of The Worst and other videos of the sort where they watch bad movies and do hilarious reviews on them - but I eventually got into all of their content and ended up sharing a lot of the same views when it comes to the way that the movie industry works.

God I love RLM.  I got into them kinda the opposite, through their Half In The Bag reviews, but they quickly found their way onto my favorite channels through Best of The Worst/Wheel of The Worst.  Their "Nerd Crew" series is a great satire of other "geek culture" podcasts

One of my other favorites is Demolition Ranch.  Its a gun channel, but the host Matt is genuinely charismatic and funny, and also explains things in a very simple way that even non-gun people like me can understand

He's also a vet, has a channel called Vet Ranch and runs a animal hospital that takes in rescue/abandoned pets that might've been euthanized due to their illness/injuries, fixes them up and adopts them out.  The video here is tame, but some of their videos can be very graphic due to blood, so I'd say they might be NSFW.  This one is good though

Also, @Blaine ClouDeBeers mentioned educational videos, so I feel the need to show Real Life Lore, who is second to CGP Grey when it comes to "complex things explained".  Here is his video on the size of the universe, just to make you realize how small you actually are

• Like 1

I've never liked Red Lettter Media, despite the fact that they cover the stuff I like. Feels like part of a larger cynical culture around "bad movies" that includes really dumb stuff like "Everything Wrong with." (Instead of being playful and celebratory like the better angels of MST3K.)

Sidenote: Are all the embedded videos making it difficult for anyone else's browser to load the page? This thread always slows mine to a crawl, sometimes crashing.

Holy shit so much nostalgia.  Screen Savers wasn't even my top TechTV show but goddamn I've missed Martin Sargent so much. He needs his own show again. I'd donate money for an Unscrewed revival.

13 hours ago, db07 said:

Been watching heaps of Good Mythical Morning

Let's talk about that!

(INTRO SONG INTENSIFIES)

Today I Found Out

also, Wisecrack's Earthling Cinema series:

On 9/15/2017 at 15:55, Anjoshoowuh Baker said:

I've never liked Red Lettter Media, despite the fact that they cover the stuff I like. Feels like part of a larger cynical culture around "bad movies" that includes really dumb stuff like "Everything Wrong with." (Instead of being playful and celebratory like the better angels of MST3K.)

Sidenote: Are all the embedded videos making it difficult for anyone else's browser to load the page? This thread always slows mine to a crawl, sometimes crashing.

See, kinda like MST3K, they make a point to say there is a difference between a "bad movie", a movie made to try and be good but were limited, and a bad movie, which is a movie that is just bad.  Their chat with Len Kabasinski, who makes probably Z grade movies, shows that they appreciate "low budget but the effort was made" movies

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Gaming Historian: As his name suggests his videos deal with the history of video games and are very informative. He has been around for a while.

Alright  @Hellraiser, you mentioned The Gaming Historian.  Last few weeks I've found Wrestling With Gaming.  Up until about a year ago, he posted wrestling videos, then he starts to dive into gaming history.  Very similar to The Gaming Historian, which is a channel I also love

The Gaming Historian: As his name suggests his videos deal with the history of video games and are very informative. He has been around for a while.

On 9/2/2017 at 01:50, Lint said:

I don't know if we actually have a thread to discuss this, but I couldn't find one on the front of this section, so if we do its not popular..

Basically, what are some of ya'lls favorite Youtube channels?

One of mine is Jelle's Marble Runs

First time I watched one of his videos I thought "Well this is fucking stupid..." then about an hour later I was actively cheering on a certain marble.  He just got done with his annual "Marbleympics" series a few days ago

Thank you so much for sharing this. Instantly a huge fan. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Butch Hartman's youtube channel is real dope. I just found it a few days ago. He's the guy who created Fairly OddParents and Danny Phantom.

So, I'm preparing to revive my old YT series after a hiatus of maybe 18 months.

Should I bother with a patreon? I mean, I don't see it likely that I'd get that many patrons. But maybe it's nice to give the option?

I mean it couldn't hurt.  Depending on how much you plan to upload, set it for payments either per month or per video.  I mean CGP Grey offers various tiers of payments an makes almost $20K per video.  Another guy I follow only offers a $1 payment, but its monthly and he brings in around $430 a month