Favorite Youtube Channels

Lint

Basically, I've been into:

• Wrestling With Wregret
  • newLegacyinc
  • Failrace (penchant for goofy shit in racing games, examples:)
  • Doug DeMuro (cars, mainly the weird little details that most people skip over or weird cars in general i.e Toyota Previa)
  • LGR
  • Alt Shift X, mainly for their Game of Thrones theory breakdowns.
  • Recent discovery is Benedict Gameplays, currently on a run-through of the Tony Hawk games (currently wrapping up Project 8). Bonus points for no commentary and using the PC version of the first Tony Hawks Underground for his runthrough of that game.

I've been watching a lot of Vidiots (with Ben Potter, Michael Johnson and Peter Austin from WhatCulture) recently, but it turns out that they're pretty much ending at the end of the year (outside of streams and podcasts) because they're moving on to new jobs as the channel just wasn't making enough money to justify it continuing :( 

Mark Rober...NASA scientist, fun Youtuber

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/11/2018 at 20:52, Lint said:

I've really gotten into LGR lately.   he's pretty good 

I went through a period of watching a few of these retro tech YouTube videos too.

I've kinda just settled into Techmoan as my favourite because of all the obsolete video and audio formats he covers.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Cloudo Miedo said:

Hot Ones is finally getting Gordon Ramsay as a guest, after years of people asking for him. Can't wait. 

God I hope he gives them so much shit for using cold wings

Bright Sun Films, who does little documentaries and some urban exploration videos.  This is his most recent, an update on Nickelodeon Studios in Florida

This was an update to his 2015 video on Nick Studios

Edit:  Just noticed he mentions Defunctland in that first video, also a channel I am subscribed to!  Here is Defunctlands video on the Nickelodeon Hotel

And a video on the history of Legends of The Hidden Temple that  @Maxx might like

And my own personal favorite, because I grew up in that area, the history of (Tr)Action Park

I've been watching a lot of PBS Eons lately, quick little educational videos about the evolution of life on Earth.  I'd recommend starting with their Journeys Through Geologic Time series (which is annoyingly backwards in that playlist, so start with A Brief History of Geologic Time and work your way up).

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, LittleDaniel said:

I've been watching a lot of PBS Eons lately, quick little educational videos about the evolution of life on Earth.  I'd recommend starting with their Journeys Through Geologic Time series (which is annoyingly backwards in that playlist, so start with A Brief History of Geologic Time and work your way up).

I've been watching a lot of their content about space, and it's all excellent.

Huh - so I just found out that the Super Best Friends ended up splitting ways and while trying to search and figure out what happened with that, I came across the fact that there is apparently an entire subreddit that exists to bitch about the Game Grumps, going so far as to list alternatives and have a system of flare to state what level of upset you are over the Game Grumps product? What the fuck is wrong with people?

On 12/01/2019 at 07:27, Lint said:

Bright Sun Films, who does little documentaries and some urban exploration videos.  This is his most recent, an update on Nickelodeon Studios in Florida

This was an update to his 2015 video on Nick Studios

Edit:  Just noticed he mentions Defunctland in that first video, also a channel I am subscribed to!  Here is Defunctlands video on the Nickelodeon Hotel

And a video on the history of Legends of The Hidden Temple that  @Maxx might like

And my own personal favorite, because I grew up in that area, the history of (Tr)Action Park

Yeah, I like those kind of videos too. I've been watching Bright Sun Films for a while and been subscribed to Defunctland for a while and been meaning to watch their stuff. Just started watching the channel yesterday and it's good stuff! This genre of video documentaries about old theme parks and buildings and abandoned places are just so interesting to me.

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 16:30, apsham said:

Huh - so I just found out that the Super Best Friends ended up splitting ways and while trying to search and figure out what happened with that, I came across the fact that there is apparently an entire subreddit that exists to bitch about the Game Grumps, going so far as to list alternatives and have a system of flare to state what level of upset you are over the Game Grumps product? What the fuck is wrong with people?

Is it RantGrumps? That's not even the worse Anti-Grumps thing I've come across. There's a LOLCow imageboard that routinely calls Suzy a fat, ugly cow  and get in on Dan and Arin too.