Official Rap Thread (Reprise)

Gorka

• 1 month later...

Nipsey Hussle has been murdered in LA. 

NBC News:

LOS ANGELES — The Grammy-nominated rapper Nipsey Hussle was killed in a shooting outside his clothing store in Los Angeles on Sunday afternoon, law enforcement sources said. Two other men were shot, and a suspect remained at large.

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti's Crisis Response Team confirmed the news on Sunday night, saying, "Today we lost a great musician, Nipsey Hussle." It said it was "consoling and offering support to the family."

Police sources said Hussle was shot multiple times in the parking lot at Marathon Clothing on West Slauson Avenue in South Los Angeles at about 3:25 p.m. and that he was pronounced dead at a hospital. One of the other men was being treated at a hospital, and the third man declined treatment, Los Angeles police Lt. Chris Martinez said.

No other information was immediately available, but just a couple of hours before, Hussle, 33, whose real name was Ermias Ashgedom, had tweeted, "Having strong enemies is a blessing."

• Sad 1

Multiple people were trampled (and others were stabbed) at the vigil for Nipsey today. To clarify, people were trampled because something sounding like gunfire (but wasn't) was heard, and the crowd reacted accordingly.

Edited by tristy

He's been captured. LAPD knew who the shooter was ever since Nipsey was murdered, due to him being known by Nipsey's associates. The shooting happened over a personal issue between the two, nothing gang related.

• 3 weeks later...

The New Negroes with Open Mike Eagle and Baron Vaugh started last week and it is wonderful and y'all should be watching it.

Also, so I basically can't stop listening to Tia Tamara since I heard it a few weeks ago.  It's so dumb, but so, so fun.

(Doja Cat being of the 'person who made that cow song last year' fame.)

• 2 months later...
On 29/06/2019 at 01:57, Liam Mk2 said:

Maybe this belongs here.

Stormzy’s Glastonbury set was fucking electric.

Absolutely. I don't normally watch the sets on iPlayer, but I'm glad I did for that.

The Streets also had a great, and rather spiritual set.

• 2 weeks later...

The collaboration you've always dreamed of is finally here 

PSX_20190712_143601.jpg

This is part of Ed sheerans 6th collaboration album, which is mostly hip hop. The 5th one was grime and UK hip hop and was actually dope.

Ed Sheerans music isnt really my thing, but the guy fucking loves hip hop so I've got a lot of time for these collabos. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, K said:

The collaboration you've always dreamed of is finally here 

PSX_20190712_143601.jpg

This is part of Ed sheerans 6th collaboration album, which is mostly hip hop. The 5th one was grime and UK hip hop and was actually dope.

Ed Sheerans music isnt really my thing, but the guy fucking loves hip hop so I've got a lot of time for these collabos. 

...that was better than I thought it would be. Not sure if it's good but it's not bad either!

The Beastie Boys just made their Love American Style EP from 1989 available digitally for the first time. It's on Spotify if you want it. There's two tracks on there you might not have heard before, unless you're a massive beasties nerd like me who collected a bunch of obscure vinyl.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...