• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

DOOM died back in October. 😭

fuck kanye west   

Flatbush Zombies dropped a new EP today. Also there's this:  

Posted Images

Ruff Ryders were a weirdly big part of my formative years. I think a lot of it doesn’t hold up by 2021 standards, but I’ll still bump “Party Up” in his memory. 

1 hour ago, CLDY said:

Ruff Ryders were a weirdly big part of my formative years. I think a lot of it doesn’t hold up by 2021 standards, but I’ll still bump “Party Up” in his memory. 

"Party Up" is still one of my go-to jams. Used to bust it out occasionally when I DJ'd, and never had any complaints. 

Doesn't hurt quite as bad as when Tupac and Jam Master Jay were murdered, or Left Eye was killed, but its up there.

Edited by GhostMachine
13 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Doesn't hurt quite as bad as when Tupac and Jam Master Jay were murdered, or Left Eye was killed, but its up there.

I'm sure you're just speaking to your personal feelings, but either way I can almost guarantee you that there's an entire generation of hip-hop fans that would say this hurts just as much, and maybe even a little more. DMX was the jump off point for a lot of people around my age. And there was a period of time, maybe a couple of years, where he was bigger than artists like Jay-Z or Eminem.

• Like 2

DMX was basically the first hip-hop artist that people of my age group really, really got into. Jay-Z and some others were around but their biggest hits had either already come or hadn't come yet. For 2-3 years DMX churned out banger after banger at a breakneck pace. That's why this one really stings, because he was one of the first people I can remember seeing from their very start but also before I had gotten into music in a way an adolescent does.

• Like 3

BET is running a 3 hour block of DMX related programming tonight.

Lil Nas X tweeted that "Montero" is being removed from streaming services and it's out of his control, so "stream it hard because I can't say it'll be there tomorrow". However, Billboard is claiming that the song isn't being pulled from streaming services.

He's pretty well known for trolling on Twitter, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's what this is? But it's still confusing, right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New info on Pop Smoke's death seems to point to him being murdered by a 15-year-old who wanted his diamond rolex. 

https://www.complex.com/music/witness-account-of-pop-smoke-fatal-shooting-detailed-court-hearing

Taking to the witness stand, he said the intruders broke into the Airbnb house Pop where was staying in the early hours of the morning, using a window on the second floor. The “Dior” rapper was showering at the time, and a woman who was staying with him at the time had a gun held to her head.

“Shut the fuck up. Do you want to die?” said the intruder, who had a semiautomatic firearm.

Crediting the testimony of the woman for the information, Det. Carrasco added, “She heard a struggle coming from the shower area and heard Mr. Jackson [Pop Smoke] screaming. Mr. Jackson ran out of the bathroom and then she heard a loud pop and [heard] Mr. Jackson fall to the ground. Two other individuals began to kick him.”

• 2 weeks later...

Open Mike Eagle’s “What Had Happened Was” podcast has El-P on the newest episode talking about Cancer 4 Cure. Last week was Killer Mike talking about RAP Music. 

• 3 weeks later...

Culture III by Migos dropped at midnight today. I've only listened to one song so far ("Mahomes"), will have to listen to the rest later today.

some majorrrr early nicki minaj vibes; that first song is like the gen z version of the nicki verse on monster

apparently the second one is kinda popular on tiktok, so if she can keep up the quality of these songs I could see her breaking out in the next year or two

• 4 weeks later...

TMZ reporting Biz Markie passed away :(

• Sad 2

Ye supposedly has a new album out on Friday called DONDA. I'll believe it when I see it, and even then.. I dunno man, after all the Trump shit and some of his past comments.. I don't know if I can separate the art from the artist, but for Ye, I'll try, I guess?

As long as it isn't another gospel album.