FIFA World Cup 2018

Lineker

16 minutes ago, Lineker said:

They do have to face Salah, Suarez, and Cavani...

And also El Neny :shifty:

I think I'll be rooting for France this time round. Giroud golden boot!

• Admin

Whoever qualifies from England’s group will play either the winner or the runner-up from Poland’s Group H in the round of 16. Then England would play a team from either Group E or Group F. So there can be no England v Germany semi-final.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Russia vs. Saudi Arabia is a shite opening game :lol: 

Australia into Group C with France, Peru and Demark - hope they can squeeze through that.

You and me both. 

Is Peru worthy of an 11th Ranking?, Not fully into world football but it shocked me considering how they scraped past the Kiwis. 

We'll either give the heavy hitters fits or we'll get pasted, No middle ground. Hiring a manager would be a good start too.

As I said before, I expect any well organised team in the competition to get some sort of result against the England side we've seen over the last few years. "There are no easy games" is a World Cup cliché that gets trotted out every tournament, but it's true for England right now.

Getting eliminated by Roberto Martinez would certainly be something.

2 hours ago, MadJack said:

Pretty much - and they're the lowest ranked nation not just in their group but in the entire World Cup to boot, and have only beaten Hungary, South Korea and New Zealand in this year.

Don't the rankings get determined more by competitive games though? Of which Russia have barely played any due to not being in World Cup qualifying. They were on about how Poland gamed the system to purposely be seeded by only arranging one friendly in the last year.

Also, heads up @MDK because I'm about to quote myself quoting myself.

About 3:20pm apparently.

Cos I'm boring, I've just mocked up a prediction for the draw that I'm sure will be totally wrong in every way:

Got Russia/Uruguay right. Plus Argentina/Nigeria and France/Denmark but I think that was it :lol:

8 minutes ago, Adam said:

Don't the rankings get determined more by competitive games though? Of which Russia have barely played any due to not being in World Cup qualifying. They were on about how Poland gamed the system to purposely be seeded by only arranging one friendly in the last year.

Also, heads up @MDK because I'm about to quote myself quoting myself.

Got Russia/Uruguay right. Plus Argentina/Nigeria and France/Denmark but I think that was it :lol:

This year does include the Confederations Cup, but you're right to an extent. I'd still say they're the second worst team in the group.

• Like 1