2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

3 hours ago, Meacon said:

And in news that should shock no one, Frank Reich is interviewing with the Colts tomorrow. I hope they hire him. And I hope he takes Jim Schwartz with him. The Eagles got theirs. Let's tear their successful staff apart!

I never thought your heel turn would hurt this much :crying:

• Admin
7 hours ago, Meacon said:

And in news that should shock no one, Frank Reich is interviewing with the Colts tomorrow. I hope they hire him. And I hope he takes Jim Schwartz with him. The Eagles got theirs. Let's tear their successful staff apart!

Eagles QB coach John DeFilippo is the new Vikings OC.

On 2/8/2018 at 14:26, Pooker said:

I'm glad we got him resigned, but holy shit. Was not expecting that big of a deal. Hopefully he lives up to it.

It's extremely front loaded. If they need to , they can cut him after 2019 and only end up with $4M in dead money. so beyond the first couple of years which pays him slightly more than double franchise tags would cost, they can cut bait if he doesn't end up panning out. Plus, even with the signing the 49ers will still have $60M+ in cap space this offseason.

I did see that after making the post. I wasn't complaining about it by any means, as I think locking him up to a long term deal was a great move. And having a bunch of cap space going forward is awesome.

On February 9, 2018 at 04:03, Lineker said:

Eagles QB coach John DeFilippo is the new Vikings OC.

And the Vikings blocked QB coach Kevin Stefanski from being interviewed by the Giants for their OC opening.

So the Vikings weren't high enough on Stefanski to simply promote him instead of bringing somebody from outside the organization, but they are high enough on him to block him from a clear promotional opportunity with another team.

There is nothing blocking the Vikings from doing this because in the eyes of the league, assistants and coordinators are at the same level.  The only "official" promotion you can receive is to head coach.  But from a practicality standpoint OC is clearly ahead of QB coach on the food chain.  Just because the Vikings are allowed to do it doesn't make it right.

The Eagles are heels to just about everyone except Eagles fans, except it's mostly due to a lot of their home fans being world class assholes. Unlike the New York Yankees, who are heels for a multitude of reasons.

1 hour ago, Fly Eagles Fly said:

Not you too :crying:

If it makes you feel any better, I rooted for the Eagles in the Super Bowl and they are one of the top NFC teams that I really don't mind, compared to say the 49ers, Seahawks and Cowboys whom I can't stand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, munky said:

That's a scary combination of charges. Hopefully not the same incident.

Yeah, the same. I don’t know if he used said assault weapon, but basically the police were called and he was arrested after they determined he was doing bad things. Not sure how the assault weapon charge came into play. 

Last month it was a marijuana possession.

25 minutes ago, VocalVomit said:

Yeah, the same. I don’t know if he used said assault weapon, but basically the police were called and he was arrested after they determined he was doing bad things. Not sure how the assault weapon charge came into play. 

Last month it was a marijuana possession.

Was also sent home from the combine for behavior issues and failed a drug test.  Dude's just a fuck up