2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

• Admin

Mike Shula is the Giants' new offensive coordinator. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport added that Shula will also coach quarterbacks for Big Blue under new coach Pat Shurmur, who's expected to call plays.

The league has selected who will square off in this summer's annual Hall of Fame Game. The Baltimore Ravens will face the Chicago Bears on Thursday, August 2, 2018, at Tom Benson Hall of Fame Stadium in Canton, Ohio.

• Admin

Kicker Sebastian Janikowski was informed by the Raiders that he will not be brought back for the 2018 season, ESPN reported Wednesday.

The New York Jets finally made it official, announcing Wednesday that Jeremy Bates will be their new offensive coordinator. Bates will also continue serving in his position as quarterbacks coach.

It's a bummer Janikowski doesn't get to finish out his career with the Raiders. I'm sure he winds up with a team this year that might have iffy kicking issues or sees their kicker go down with injury. I know veterans have a tough time finding new homes but he's too good of a kicker to pass up.

• Admin

AJ McCarron will be an unrestricted free agent on March 14 after an arbiter ruled Thursday in favor of the backup quarterback in his grievance against the Bengals.

Cleveland/Canton, Tennessee, Kansas City, Denver and Las Vegas have been named as the five finalists to be considered as host cities for the NFL draft in 2019 or 2020. The winners are expected to be announced at the NFL's spring meetings, to be held in May in Atlanta.

• Like 1

The Bears have cut Jerrell Freeman (ILB) and decline to pick up the option for Josh Sitton (G).

That saves them about $14 million, giving the Bears $54m in cap space.

Other potential Bears cuts include Mike Glennon, Markus Wheaton, Pernell McPhee, Quintin Demps and Willie Young.

I read a few articles linking the Lions to Sitton. According to PFF he is still playing at a very high grade, though I'm worried he would cost too much. I know Lang has already been reaching out on Twitter to him too. 

1 hour ago, DFF said:

I read a few articles linking the Lions to Sitton. According to PFF he is still playing at a very high grade, though I'm worried he would cost too much. I know Lang has already been reaching out on Twitter to him too. 

Sitton played well when he was on the field but he missed a few games both his seasons with the Bears and he has chronic back pain.

So you could probably squeeze another year out of him, maybe two.