2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

I don't really think they should go RB that high but I don't see any issues with anybody drafting Barkley. He still scored 2 TDs in the game you referenced and it's not like good players have never had bad games. 

Though I may or may not be talking myself into it since he's been mocked to the 49ers at 9/10 quite a bit.

I think he's a great value at 9 or 10. I'm not sure I can justify him at #2 when Bradley Chubb is right there. If New York only needed a running back sure, but that definitely isn't the case. 

My dream scenario is we sign Cousins in the off-season and get either Fitzpatrick or Chubb at #5. I swear if we draft Mayfield I may just burn every Bronco thing I own. 

• Haha 1

Ex Miami Dolphin OL Johnathan Martin has been detained by police after a social media post....

The image on the Instagram account said: "When you're a bully victim & a coward, your options are suicide, or revenge." The image showed a shotgun, ammunition and tagged four accounts, including those belonging to former Miami teammates Richie Incognito and Mike Pouncey. It also included hashtags for Harvard-Westlake, where he went to high school, and the Miami Dolphins

Yeah it is a good price for a QB, imagine how much he'd have gotten if he won the AFC title game. Instead they have a QB they know can get them there and plenty of money to spend on extending maybe the most talented young core in the league. And if Bortles flounders they have 3 years to find a solution.

This is precisely what the Ravens would have done in 2012 if Flacco didn't go on the magical run to the Super Bowl.

• Admin

After months of speculation over whether Minnesota Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater's rookie deal would toll -- keeping him under contract for another season in Minneapolis -- it appears we're closer to an answer.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that Bridgewater is expected to become a free agent, as Minnesota is not planning to assert that their 2014 first-round pick's four-year deal tolls. Rapoport added that the parties involved are in agreement regarding the QB's contract status.

While Bridgewater is expected to be a free agent, no official decision has been made yet, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed to NFL.com.

Thus continues the exodus out of Minnesota for the second of three quarterbacks. Case Keenum reportedly will not receive the franchise tag, and now Bridgewater will not be forced to return for a fifth season under his existing contract. Sam Bradford is also expected to become a free agent.

Minnesota might move on from all three QBs altogether in 2018. The latest rumor du jour is that the Vikings are instead serious about pursuing top free-agent talent Kirk Cousins, who's likely to garner top dollar on the market come March 14.

How Bridgewater will be assessed in free agency will be one of the period's great wonders. The 25-year-old quarterback is coming off two football-less seasons, for the most part, after suffering a devastating knee injury in the 2016 preseason. When healthy, Teddy was an accurate thrower (64.7 career comp. pct.) with great leadership skills; he led Minnesota to a division title in his second year as a pro. But there remains great risk in giving Bridgewater a big deal, given his injury history.

All of this will be taken into consideration as the ides of March approach, and the NFL's QB carousel continues.

24 minutes ago, Lineker said:

After months of speculation over whether Minnesota Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater's rookie deal would toll -- keeping him under contract for another season in Minneapolis -- it appears we're closer to an answer.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday that Bridgewater is expected to become a free agent, as Minnesota is not planning to assert that their 2014 first-round pick's four-year deal tolls. Rapoport added that the parties involved are in agreement regarding the QB's contract status.

While Bridgewater is expected to be a free agent, no official decision has been made yet, NFL spokesman Brian McCarthy confirmed to NFL.com.

Thus continues the exodus out of Minnesota for the second of three quarterbacks. Case Keenum reportedly will not receive the franchise tag, and now Bridgewater will not be forced to return for a fifth season under his existing contract. Sam Bradford is also expected to become a free agent.

Minnesota might move on from all three QBs altogether in 2018. The latest rumor du jour is that the Vikings are instead serious about pursuing top free-agent talent Kirk Cousins, who's likely to garner top dollar on the market come March 14.

How Bridgewater will be assessed in free agency will be one of the period's great wonders. The 25-year-old quarterback is coming off two football-less seasons, for the most part, after suffering a devastating knee injury in the 2016 preseason. When healthy, Teddy was an accurate thrower (64.7 career comp. pct.) with great leadership skills; he led Minnesota to a division title in his second year as a pro. But there remains great risk in giving Bridgewater a big deal, given his injury history.

All of this will be taken into consideration as the ides of March approach, and the NFL's QB carousel continues.

This is how you end up with no QB and waste a few years of your team's window.  Better hope they land Cousins.

• Like 1