Taskmaster

K

On 25/07/2020 at 15:58, Josh Mulaney said:

Same. I really want those seasons to go up. And I hope the move from Dave doesn’t keep them from doing a third Champion of Champions.

Am I missing something. There's only been 1 Champion of Champions, right?

Also, I won't be happy until this show has gone 25 seasons, we get 5 Champion of Champions and then we get a Champion of Champion of Champions.

8 hours ago, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

Am I missing something. There's only been 1 Champion of Champions, right?

So far, but series 10 is on Channel 4 instead of UKTV where series 6-9 took place. But I assume that having committed to six more series, Channel 4 wants two Champion of Champions specials too.

I don't think it'll change anything though. Taskmaster is produced by Avalon, meaning anyone who participates signs with them and not the network. It'll just transfer over.

Looks like a good group. Vegas if obviously the big name standout, but I'm hoping Richard Herring will be good viewing. I'm still very interested to know how they go about doing any of the tasks given the current situation and the lack of time before the series airs.

2 hours ago, Chris2K said:

Looks like a good group. Vegas if obviously the big name standout, but I'm hoping Richard Herring will be good viewing. I'm still very interested to know how they go about doing any of the tasks given the current situation and the lack of time before the series airs.

The tasks themselves I assume are fairly easy to film at safe distances, no team tasks, and you don't reuse props. Hopefully they can film with an audience in time as that's what makes the show.

57 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

We finished season 5 yesterday and my word was Mark and Nish's song about that random woman was all sorts of fantastic. 

Oh my god I forgot about this. Easily one of the best tasks that they’ve ever done, that.

Didn't watch it - mainly because they did such a shitty job of promoting it so I didn't even know it existed until after the fact - but THE CW aired Taskmaster, and it did so poorly it was yanked after ONE episode. 

I found out through an article on Facebook, of all places. Never even saw a commercial for it on tv. Should have put it on Game Show Network. They already have (had?) a version of The Chase on there.

On 18/11/2018 at 12:35, K said:

Screenshot_2018-11-18-12-22-48.jpg

Mate!!! this is so cool, I hate you. 

I'm obsessed with Taskmaster, probably one of my all-time favourite shows at this point.

the new line-up is good, Johnny Vegas was on my wishlist, think he'll be great. The rest, yep. Don't know much about Catherine, never got the IT Crowd, but know the others well and think they'll all be value. 

No More Jockeys is the only good thing to come out of lockdown. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, apsham said:

I can't believe (no wait, I can) the CW did Taskmaster dirty like that. Glad everything is still going up fine on YouTube.

I can believe it.  While the CW is a basic cable channel that has kept shows on for years after they should've ended (Supernatural, Arrow...), they are also quick to cancel shows or turn down pilots/back door pilots that don't do well.  Not shocked at all after the reported ratings of Taskmaster that they cancelled it

The  CW pulled an ABC and never really advertised it. I never even heard about the show until the article about it being one and done was posted. Was it an American version of the show, or was it an episode of the UK series?

By `Pulling an ABC', I mean that ABC needs to fire their promotions department. They do garbage jobs of promoting shows, then cancel them. Some shows they only give teaser commercials that tell you absolutely nothing about what the show is about - don't even show actors. They did that with RED WIDOW, and are doing it with a new one coming soon called BIG SKY. Other shows, they don't advertise at all. I'm still pissed over WHISKEY CAVALIER and DECEPTION being axed. Especially since the former ended on a cliffhanger. (Some shows I've watched, like EMERGENCE, I expected to be axed. But it sort of had an ending, at least.)

Another example: Years ago ABC had a medical series starring Dana Delaney and Luke Perry, two of my favorite actors, and I'd have watched it if I had known about it. Didn't know anything at all about the show until it was cancelled.

Back to The CW, I forgot they started Killer Camp, and watched the first two episodes on On Demand. I believe the finale hasn't aired yet, and its only 5 episodes. They're airing the UK show which aired last year, not an American remake. Is there going to be a season two, or did it bomb over there? (And I have the killer narrowed down to two suspects already.)

On 08/08/2020 at 11:49, GhostMachine said:

The  CW pulled an ABC and never really advertised it. I never even heard about the show until the article about it being one and done was posted. Was it an American version of the show, or was it an episode of the UK series?

It was the proper UK series.

But yeah, they barely touched advertising and were kind of fighting and uphill battle anyways sadly.