Taskmaster

K

It was a fantastically funny start to the series, even if I am slightly concerned that Daisy May Cooper might laugh/cough herself into giving birth at any moment, even if this was filmed months ago and she's had her child now.

It was a bit weird though, mainly because we've had 9 1/2 seasons in the exact same stage format and this is slightly different. I also don't quite know how they can do any physical live tasks given DMC's pregnancy.

They uploaded a "NSFW outtake" from the first episode.

This explains why it looked like she had been crying after the task, my girlfriend thought she was being sensitive to Greg making fun of her attempts directly before this part would've been cut out, haha.

Also holy christ, I am just realizing now that it's Jen from The IT Crowd.

• Haha 3

really enjoyed that first episode. I'm glad that the series hasn't changed at all in moving to Channel 4 - the physical distancing in the main studio made it feel a little odd at first, but nothing that dampened my enthusiasm.

This is actually my first time watching a whole series - my girlfriend loves Taskmaster, so we've watched the odd episode when I've been at her place, and a couple at my parents' recently, but I've never gone out of my way to watch it. Really looking forward to following the whole series.

It helps that I love Richard Herring and Johnny Vegas, and really warmed to Katherine Parkinson in this one, while Mawaan Rizwan brilliantly fitting the "entertaining idiot" role. I thought Herring's disappearing act trick was unfairly scored, and obviously Mawaan's egg challenge was a highlight.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GA! said:

Start at series 1 episode 1 on All4 and you'll struggle to pace yourself. I can't believe it took me until earlier this year to check it out. It's the perfect gameshow! :D

yeah, I'm absolutely delighted that the whole thing is on All4 now. It's going to replace reruns of QI and The Simpsons as my go-to TV when I can't be bothered thinking. 

• Like 1

On 18/10/2020 at 05:30, K said:

The official Taskmaster podcast is good. My partner now feels very justified for the way she said the pan task should have been done, after I said she was wrong.

That it should have been a team task?

1 hour ago, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

That it should have been a team task?

Spoiler

she said that they should have tried bringing the pan to them, rather than the egg to the pan. I said it would have been too dangerous, because if you lost the pan, it was all over. Alex Horne revealed on the podcast that one of the boxes contained a magnet more than capable of carrying the pan back and that was in fact how Alex Horne would have done it.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, K said:
  Hide contents

she said that they should have tried bringing the pan to them, rather than the egg to the pan. I said it would have been too dangerous, because if you lost the pan, it was all over. Alex Horne revealed on the podcast that one of the boxes contained a magnet more than capable of carrying the pan back and that was in fact how Alex Horne would have done it.

Spoiler

I couldn't believe so many of them went with helium, especially since it sounds like the tubes were far easier to put together than anyone who chose them made it seem.