Taskmaster

K

8 hours ago, Josh Mulaney said:

They really saved some quality tasks for the final episode. Some wonderful disasters.

Wait, did they confirm another Champion of Champions? I certainly had hoped for it.

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/taskmaster-confirms-line-up-series-11-champion-of-champions-2842329

Yeah, Champion of Champions 2 is confirmed. 

• Thanks 1

Weirdly, the day before the announcement, I recommended Mike Wozniaks podcast in the podcast thread. It's very good.

I have a new favourite Podcast, and it has strong Beef and Dairy energy so I thought you might like it.

It's called the St Elwicks Neighbourhood Association Newsletter Podcast

I don't know why it has so few followers on Twitter, because it's amazing.

The conceit of the show is that a small town in Exeter has had funding for their newsletter cut, so they've changed it to a podcast. It is similar to the Beef and Dairy Network in that it is a sort of absurdist take on a very dry format. 

The host is Mike Wozniak, who you might recognise from Greg Davies' Man Down, and who is frequently on Beef and Dairy.

rhlstp_252.jpg

It has loads of guests from British Comedy. Greg Davies and Rosin Connaghty had small parts early on, Romesh Ranganathan had a whole episode. It's really good. Really funny. Highly recommend.

[/quote]

On 18/12/2020 at 02:11, Azazel said:

Lee Mack is already my favorite contestant.

Based on my limited knowledge of the UK comedy scene there are very few people left that I have heard of that could be on it.  Lee Mack was one of the ones I was hoping for, along with Sean Locke and David Mitchell.

I expected there to be more 'Channel 4' regulars as they now have the rights to it, Jimmy Carr, Richard Ayoade, Sean Lock etc. Frankie Boyle mentioned he was offered to do it but turned it down. 

48 minutes ago, K said:

Ugh is fresh meat good? Just put it on to get to know the Taskmaster contestant, and it's got Jack Whitehall in it, who I hate

I rated it, although took me a few episodes to get into it. 

Lee Mack will be the stand out in the next series. The most recent series I couldn't into as much at all but I'm more hopeful for this one

Only downside of Ghosts is you kinda have to endure the first two episodes to get the premise and concept, from then on it picks up massively.

Also thank fuck Frankie Boyle turned it down, old Frankie might have been fun but a bit too much, modern ball clipped Frankie would just be a pretentious cunt.

Two people I'd love to see but would likely never do it would be Rich Hall and Reginald D. Hunter.

• Like 1

Just finished all ten episodes of the NZ version, which are on YouTube. The irony is that I found it much like the UK version, there are some on it I like and others I couldn't care less about. Lee Hart was the star for me, found him to be the hilarious one despite him being quite understated. Good actual Taskmaster, not entirely sold on the NZ Alex Horne but he's not far off. Last few episodes, the quality of the tasks really picked up. Enjoyed the 'leaves' task.

6 hours ago, GAnta with Muscles said:

Don't suppose you've got a handy Taskmaster NZ folder in your Google Drive, @K? :shifty:

It's all on YouTube, apart from the most recent one. If you get you end and the last one hasn't appeared lmk and I'll track it down.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOXNpaoKcPq-MSlieh8LG8PYLWmFltKO3

23 hours ago, Charlie Tango said:

Just finished all ten episodes of the NZ version, which are on YouTube. The irony is that I found it much like the UK version, there are some on it I like and others I couldn't care less about. Lee Hart was the star for me, found him to be the hilarious one despite him being quite understated. Good actual Taskmaster, not entirely sold on the NZ Alex Horne but he's not far off. Last few episodes, the quality of the tasks really picked up. Enjoyed the 'leaves' task.

Lee has good moments, but is by no means my favorite. Angela and Madeline are just outstanding.

Agreed! I take it they were chosen because their schedules won’t allow them to commit to a longer series, but this was a good selection. 

Also

Spoiler

I take it the weird bio dome where the cow used to live will be the new small room while social distancing is in place.

The one-off episode was a lot of fun, Shirley was hilarious, as was Rylan, but I thought Nicola was the stand-out. Who knows if a whole series with the 5 of them would have worked, although I think it would work with pretty much anyone.

Greg was right though;

Spoiler

I am on the internet, and I am annoyed that Rylan got 5 points for the doughnut task. It quite obviously didn't go through the doughnut.

• Like 1

Spoiler

I thought it was genius.

Btw, I swear there was text written on the back of the envelope during the task. Did anyone catch what it said?

2 hours ago, Jerichristmas said:

I have one issue with his approach to that task:

Hide contents

Why faff around with the cow when the larger caravan was right there next to it?

Spoiler

The cow is one thing, but the caravan? Do you think it's some kind of magical doughnut? :shifty: