Taskmaster

K

9 minutes ago, Jerippon Marathon said:

Season 7 finally finished on the watch through. Big improvement on Season 6, the in-studio banter was notably different.

Champion of Champions time!

Have we had any news on Season 8 yet?

I believe it's already been filmed but there are no details on who's in it or when it will air.

13 minutes ago, Jerippon Marathon said:

Season 7 finally finished on the watch through. Big improvement on Season 6, the in-studio banter was notably different.

Champion of Champions time!

Have we had any news on Season 8 yet?

Seasons six, seven, eight and nine were all commissioned at the same time.

Side note, whilst I was looking on Reddit for an answer to when supposedly David Baddiel has supposedly mistakenly revealed he's filming for it (presumably season 9 if they've already started filming season 8). Tweet deleted but yeah.

I'm not really sure who I'm hoping for in the next season. Depends if they still try to do all comedians or branch out a little.

I'd love Lee Mack to do it actually.

Tried doing American taskmaster and really didn't like it. Tried Swedish taskmaster as well, but again, not a fan.

I've seen Alex tweet before that he's hoping to do a 3 women, two men season at one point, which would be good.

I could see Rachel Parris on there easily, Lou Sanders (She's done the Horne section podcast and has said that she's on an upcoming 'fun' show for a season, so I'd put a quid on her.), Samantha Baines, London Hughes, Jess Robinson, Sue Perkins

David and Victoria Coren Mitchen would be good.

Scroobius Pip has been trying to get on for years, and he's super tight with people like Romesh and Acaster now.

I'd love to see Andy Zaltzman on there. He's just done the Horne Section podcast as well.

Ed gamble?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jerippon Marathon said:

Ed Gamble seems a popular choice online, I don't even know who he is.

Sue Perkins would be a good shout since they already had Mel do it.

Ed Gamble is a comedian who was a relatively early adopter of the comedian podcast format, doing the Peacock and Gamble podcast with Ray Peacock in like 2008 or so, just a couple years after the Ricky Gervais podcast was world famous. He sort of went off the radar for me a little bit, but then came back super buff and good looking

He has a brand new podcast with James Acaster which just started this week called Off Menu (First guest was Scroob), but he's a working comedian and his been doing the circuit for over ten years.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I've just seen the line-up for Series 8 which starts in May. Colour me underwhelmed.

Joe Thomas off Inbetweeners

Sian Gibson off Car Share

Iain Stirling off narrating Love Island apparently

Lou Sanders - A comedian apparently

Paul Sinha - Also a comedian

I think we talked about this in the panel show thread. Lou Sanders is great. The mini Inbetweeners reunion will be super fun, Paul Sinha is a comedian AND one of the boffins on the chase, so hopefully funny and with a like, Richard Osmon like outlook on doing well. Less familiar with the other two, but still super looking forward to it. Gonna be good.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Paul Sinha has revealed that he's been diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease, which is the basis of the shoulder injury that has been affecting him during the tasks. It's a real shame but he seems to be taking a very positive approach to dealing with it.

The news about the Sinhaman is really sad.

In other taskmaster news, i've been laughing at the opening 'pocket' banter from a couple of episodes ago, for over a week now

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, one episode to go, who do we reckon will win? Pretty sure it's down to Lou, Ian, and Joe now.

Annoyingly I think Lou will win, I've found her really annoying. I'm still hoping for Joe to pull it back but I wouldn't mind Ian winning.

Reckon we get any season nine news with the finale?

I don't think Lou can actually lose at this point. Seems like she's way ahead of everyone else points-wise.

I've read a lot of stuff complaining about Lou, and maybe sometimes she's given more points than she really deserves in some cases, but I've enjoyed her. This series has been really good in my eyes, there really is no one on the cast that I dislike.

• Like 1

I predicted Lou would win after episode 1. She immediately seemed like Greg's favourite, and that pretty much guarantees victory (unless you're Rhod Gilbert and you make it work against you). For example, see Josh Widdicombe, Noel Fielding, Bob Mortimer, Liza Tarbuck and Kerry Godliman.

I went and added it up, standings are:

Spoiler

Lou - 152
Ian - 138
Joe - 138
Sian - 130
Paul - 125

So there's 14 points in it. If Sian hadn't gotten Joe disqualified in the ball task in episode 8 I reckon he'd have been in with a shot. Assuming they do 5 tasks in the finale Ian and Joe basically need Lou to come last in all of them and to get the top two spots between them on every task.