Taskmaster

K

Baddiel and Brand should be amazing and I've always liked Katy Wix in her sitcoms and sketches so it'll be fun to see her in a new context.

I feel like I know the other two from somewhere, but I'm sure they'll be good. Really looking forward to this one.

21 hours ago, Chris2Kay said:

Baddiel and Brand should be amazing and I've always liked Katy Wix in her sitcoms and sketches so it'll be fun to see her in a new context.

I feel like I know the other two from somewhere, but I'm sure they'll be good. Really looking forward to this one.

Rose Matefeo is a stand up comedian. She's very good. She's alsoJames Acasters ex.  She's been on hypothetical and a few other things. 

Ed Gamble was on one of the very early Brit comedy podcasts in the massive wake of the Ricky Gervais podcast. It was called the Peacock and Gamble podcast. He seemed to disappear for a few years while he lost an incredible amount of weight, then came back super hench. He's been on Roast Battle, Hypothetical, a bunch of other stuff and currently hosts the Off Menu podcast with James Acaster.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

UKTV  and Avalon are understood to have reached an impasse over the future of  Taskmaster  – with other broadcasters thought to be eying Dave’s hit format.  
  There is industry speculation that  Channel 4  is “actively engaged” in early-stage talks with the production company about picking up the five-year old show if an agreement with UKTV cannot be reached.  
    ITV  has also made no secret of its admiration for the innovative format, which has spawned a number of international remakes and won best entertainment programme at the Broadcast Awards 2018.  
  Both terrestrial channels are known to covet the format, which has generated audiences of up to 1.5m this year and accounts for the channel’s 15 top-performing shows.  
  The show, fronted by Greg Davies and co-creator Alex Horne, has run for nine series on Dave but no agreement has been reached ahead of this Wednesday’s conclusion of the current run, the last of a two-year, four-series deal.  
  “It’s a huge hit on the channel but UKTV can’t accept that it needs to re-negotiate properly,” said an industry source. “Independent production companies have to make money out of shows when they’re hits, otherwise they can’t keep going.”  

This might just be more on that same report, but it looks like this is going to be the last series on UKTV:

https://tbivision.com/2019/11/01/exclusive-avalon-pulls-taskmaster-from-uktv-as-channel-4-circles/

I'm watching the past series on UKTV Play at the moment so I'd better get them finished quickly.

• 2 weeks later...