The Vanarama Non-League Football Thread

Adam

• 1 month later...

This is going to be difficult, especially as Notts have been on a very good run lately. The fair thing to do would probably be to promote Barrow, but I understand that could cause some legal arguments. It would be strange to have the EFL a team short again, and that's assuming no other clubs go under because of lost income.

• Admin

Jersey Bulls say they will make their case to the Football Association after being denied promotion to the Combined Counties Premier Division.

The newly-formed non-league side won all 27 of their Division One matches and mathematically guaranteed promotion. That has now been denied after the FA’s decision to cancel the season from step three downwards because of the coronavirus crisis.

The club said in a statement: “We are of course disappointed with the recent decision of the FA to null and void the season, and discount the club’s hard work over the last eight months and our record-breaking first season.

“The club was in the unusual position of having already secured promotion at the time the league was suspended and we will be engaging further with the FA and Combined Counties League on this issue.

“We are extremely proud of the wonderful efforts and achievements of all our players, management team and club members,” the statement added. “We would also like to thank all our supporters for their overwhelming support in our first season.”

The statement from the Bulls chairman, Russell Le Feuvre, said the club’s thoughts “first and foremost surround the wellbeing of all our club members, players and supporters, and the wider public during these difficult times”.

The FA’s decision to render the current season null and void in all leagues below the National League has been met with criticism and anger. The chairman of South Shields, who sat 12 points clear in the Northern Premier League, said his club had been “badly let down” and would consider legal action.

• 2 months later...

From the National League website:

Following a vote by all member Clubs, and subject to FA Council approval, the Vanarama National League, Vanarama National League North and Vanarama National League South seasons 2019/20 will be concluded with final league tables compiled on an “Unweighted Points Per Game” basis.

The outcome is Barrow AFC are champions of the Vanarama National League, King’s Lynn Town are champions of Vanarama National League North and Wealdstone are champions of Vanarama National League South.

The end of season Play-Offs will now proceed with the Clubs that qualify, subject to the competition rules and the applicable government guidance on the phased return of elite sport.

The number of Clubs to be relegated from the Vanarama National League will be determined so as to maintain a National Division of 24 Clubs after any relegation from EFL League Two, promotion to EFL League Two and promotion from the National League North and National League South divisions. There shall be no relegation from Vanarama National League North and Vanarama National League South.

Chief Executive Officer Michael Tattersall commented: “I congratulate each of our champions Clubs on their successful campaigns. The enforced curtailment of our season does nothing to discredit the quality of the football played and I am pleased that our Clubs have overwhelmingly supported the award of their titles. We can now also look towards the completion of end of season Play-Offs.”

Booooo to York not getting promoted but at least there are play-offs.

My Blyth-supporting house mate is going to be doubly chuffed now their shithouse survival has been confirmed. He's just waiting on the Newcastle takeover to bust out the cans...

I sincerely hope York win the Play-Offs, would be the fair outcome at the top of that division.

• 1 month later...

I'm nervous about Saturday. Notts play Barnet in the playoff semi-finals and I'm concerned that Barnet will be more prepared, having played a competitive match last week. Notts played a couple of friendlies recently, so I hope the players have some degree of match fitness. Before the lockdown, I'd have been considerably more optimistic because Notts were carrying the most momentum of anyone in the division, but it's a different scenario now.

Boston also play Gateshead in their National League North semi-final that day. It would be nice for Boston to win, so it's a big day for me personally.

4 hours ago, Lineker said:

Also, FC Isle of Man have been accepted into the Division One South of the same league.