WWE 2K19

Owen

11 hours ago, KingofHarts_OH said:

One thing I am hoping for in 2k19 is more 205 Live and NXT wrestlers. I am fine without legends or five Stings and four Takers. Also, Triple Threat and Fatal Four-Way Tag matches need to be in. Plus, Five and Six Pack Challenge matches where you can leave the ring, same with 8-man matches. Give us the ability to leave the ring.

Last year only five of the cruiserweights were left off:  Ali, Gulak, Nese, Daivari, and Lince Dorado.  At minimum Ali will definitely be in, Mania's always been something of an informal cutoff and Ali was on the card.  But the rest being in too, Gulak especially, seems reasonable given they've all been on the main roster for a year and a half by now. 

I will guarantee that Ricochet is DLC rather than on disc simply because getting him also means you get ridiculous amounts of new moves and animations.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Arjen Robben said:

I hope special guest referee is back. I don't know why that keeps getting added and taken out again. I like just screwing people over as ref more than the matches.

I remember borrowing the first Smackdown game over a weekend. The magazine adverts had the ability to play as the referee down as one of the game's big selling points, and so that was pretty much all I did. As sad as it probably seems, I'd actually quite like a sports game that has you officiate a game, rather than play it.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I remember borrowing the first Smackdown game over a weekend. The magazine adverts had the ability to play as the referee down as one of the game's big selling points, and so that was pretty much all I did. As sad as it probably seems, I'd actually quite like a sports game that has you officiate a game, rather than play it.

I used to favour one guy through the whole match and then just as he's about to win, NUT SHOT! and then I'd help the other guy win.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Meacxico said:

I can't imagine anything other than wrestling where that would be the slightest bit interesting or fun after the first 15-minutes. :lol: 

Dude, my friend and I would always do matches where one of us was the also referee fast counting the CPU. 

My only special ref memory is of me and my friend playing on his GameCube in a match where he was Hurricane as a ref and I was Kane against Rico. I fucking decimated Rico but he kept screwing me until Rico was able to get a pin and then he fast counted me. 

On ‎20‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 01:51, Canadasham said:

I know I've said it before, but my fondest special referee memories come from No Mercy once I found out that if you put both wrestlers down into the 'busted open' position in a First Blood match and called for the bell - the referee won for some reason.

I'm sure there was a way the referee could win in one of the Playstation games as well...

And on Smackdown 2, if you targeted the referee and used "steal finisher" on him, you got him in a Standing Crossface.

On 19/06/2018 at 20:51, Canadasham said:

I know I've said it before, but my fondest special referee memories come from No Mercy once I found out that if you put both wrestlers down into the 'busted open' position in a First Blood match and called for the bell - the referee won for some reason.

You could also do this with KOs on, making sure both wrestlers are knocked out.

The thing I most remember about No Mercy though is that Six Seconds Magic was absurdly OP.

1 hour ago, Skummy said:

I'm sure there was a way the referee could win in one of the Playstation games as well...

And on Smackdown 2, if you targeted the referee and used "steal finisher" on him, you got him in a Standing Crossface.

I think it was Here Comes the Pain. If you had KOs on, or it was a first blood match, and you went for a Powerbomb finisher on the referee he would counter it into a DDT, which could bust you open or KO you.

• Like 3

That's right, complete with ref celebration (sans teeth, creepy). It was because it was programmed that the ref would always reverse your attacks unless you did it "accidentally" like with a running move whilst targeting your nearby opponent.

• 3 weeks later...

WWE 2K19 will not be on the Nintendo Switch.

After last year's disaster, I'm not at all surprised. I assume this is the first time in the WWE series that a specific system has only had one installment released for it.

• 3 weeks later...

I was mightily disappointed when the voice-over said "You too can own a piece of greatness", whilst the camera shot was honed in on one of his robes and then proceeded to tell me that a Ric Flair robe wasn't included. Merely a piece of fabric.

No sale.

The WWE 2K19 Wooooo! Edition will retail for $129.99 on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One platforms and include:

Copy of WWE 2K19 Deluxe Edition, which includes the following items:
Access to WWE 2K19 Season Pass digital content (details announced this summer);
Exclusive playable WWE Hall of Famers (’80s-inspired): “Rowdy” Roddy Piper, Dusty Rhodes and Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat;
Exclusive playable characters: “Macho Man” Randy Savage (WrestleMania® VIII) and Undertaker (2002);
Exclusive playable arena: Starrcade 1983;
Exclusive in-game attire: Ric Flair (WrestleMania 24 robe) and Charlotte Flair (WrestleMania 32 robe);
Access to WWE 2K19 pre-order bonus digital content (playable Rey Mysterio “Royal Rumble 2018” character and playable Ronda Rousey “WrestleMania 34/‘Rowdy’ Roddy Piper-inspired” character);
WWE® SuperCard limited edition cards featuring WWE 2K19 cover Superstar AJ Styles, as well as an AJ-themed WWE 2K19 cardback.
Exclusive premium packaging;
Exclusive and individually numbered WWE Hall of Fame replica ring;
Exclusive “Nature Boy”-inspired Funko Pop! figurine;
Fanatics limited edition commemorative plaque featuring a fabric piece from Ric’s iconic pink or purple robe;
WWE SuperCard limited edition cards featuring Ric and Charlotte Flair, as well as a Ric-themed WWE 2K19 cardback.

$130???????  Four of the exclusive characters were already in last year's game :lol:
  • Haha 1

I bought the Halo Reach Legendary Edition in 2010 and sold the bits I didn't want. I ended up making a profit. I'm still amazed that people were willing to pay in excess of £50 for a code that gives your avatar a flaming helmet that has absolutely no effect on the gameplay.

• Like 1