WWE 2K19

Owen

In my universe, Lince Dorado upset Seth Rollins for the IC title in a replacement match on Extreme Rules after Rollin's opponent was injured - but after the match he wasn't even shown in the post match as Dolph Ziggler came out and had a staredown with Rollins who acted like he won the match anyways. Poor Lince. :(

• Haha 1

Woah, holy shit - when did they make cage matches fun? I'm going through the daily MyPlayer Tower right now which is a pretty awesome series of matches versus all former Wyatt family members.

1. Rowan in a Last Man Standing/Extreme Rules match
  2. Harper in a Tables match
  3. Braun Strowman in a Ladder match
  4. Daniel Bryan in a Cage match
  5. Bray Wyatt in a HIAC match

All the matches have been nail bitingly stressful and awesome at the same time due to my low levelled by comparison character. But back to the main point, during the DB match in the cage I noticed that you can call for the referee to open the door now and you have a bit of time to get of of the cage/be stopped. I started with a finisher and nearly made it out but DB stopped me and he wasn't injured enough for me to win the mash contest so we continued on in the match. So now when you try to climb out there's a few states;

1. Standing on the ropes, you can be struck or grappled here from the ground
  2. On top of the cage, you can only be struck or grappled if the other person gets up on the ropes now
  3. On the way out

And DB almost escaped but I managed to strike him as he was just getting out of the cage (and you can reverse those strikes if you are on the receiving end) but I pulled him back to the top of the cage, then I pulled him down to the ropes and managed to get him back in the ring. It happened back and forth a few more times and made it feel way more dynamic than years past. I managed to win by hitting my finisher again, going for the door (which opened quicker this time) and winning the tug of war as Daniel tried to stop me again. I had both feet on the outside of the ropes, so when I won - he guillotined me and I fell out of the door for the win which is another cool touch.

I cannot beat The Miz in Showcase!  It is so frustrating! I knock out all of the requirements, but when I go to make him tap, he always manages to fight out and hits me with the SCF.

So, they got rid of the ability to choose where you're downloading stuff... by which I mean, it used to be that you would download a CAW and have to select what slot to put them into, and if I recall correctly, I was able to download better versions of CAWs into the slot for their old one, and not have it affect my Universe mode.

Has anyone figured out if there is a way to do that this year, or am I stuck deciding between inferior CAWs and having to start fresh with them in Universe if I download a better one?

With Universe, I'm finding that the roster I need to fill out the most is 205 Live. It's too bad that we can't adjust in-game wrestlers' sizes, because it would have been nice to move guys to 205 who are on the cusp of the division. That said, it's not been too difficult to find good Cruiser CAWs, and it's going to be really interesting to have a 205 Live roster that is about half WWE guys, and half indy guys. Of course, there are a few people I can move from RAW, SmackDown and NXT, but I don't want those guys to necessarily be stuck on 205 Live simply because there aren't enough other guys to fill the roster.

On 07/10/2018 at 21:46, =BK= said:

An easy fix for that is to download or create an CW title belt and just remove the restrictions. That way you can have dudes like Sami fighting for it.

Regarding the game proper...holy cow there are so many systems.  While it is a lot of fun in multiplayer and the presentation is far from their worst effort, the sheer fact that everything seems to have its own unique mechanics (in the case of submissions, variations on those mechanics) becomes tiring after a while.  The ring physics are still wonky, as I've seen all three ropes stretch as if you're about to launch over a castle wall.

Perhaps it's the relative simplicity or roster versatility of FPWW, but 2k19 is a pass for me until the friends and I feel like playing ladder matches again.

23 hours ago, =BK= said:

Is universe better this year? I'm looking for new game.

Somewhat. Some nice quality of life changes, able to have 7 titles (with MITBs if you wish) per brand, divisions so you don't end up with things like Rezar as WWE champ and nonsense like that (unless you want that), match tables, and it being easier to edit rivalry matches makes it a fair bit better in those terms, but outside of that, no really massive changes.