WWE 2K19

Owen

There were versions of the game, probably 8-10 years ago by now, where they had a mix-match of locked wrestlers.  You were given some current roster and some legends up front but characters from both of those groups were locked.  Now that definitely pissed me off, enough that I seem to remember even splurging for the accelerator at one point.  I hated the idea of having to unlock people appearing on TV every week.

But then again I've never cared about legends being in the game at all really.  If given the choice of using all 100+ character slots to make sure every main roster and NXT wrestler as of WrestleMania is in the game or saving some of the lower ones off to make room for legends, I'd pick the former every time.  I appear to very much be in the minority with that though.

1 hour ago, Chris2K said:

Yes but how many versions of John Cena will there be this year is the big question.

"So here is how you flip between brands. Hit right trigger, now you're on NXT. again, now you're on Legends. Okay, one more time... Okay, now you're on John Cena. The John Cena brand."

• Like 1

They could figure out a system where you just select Sting and then the version you want. They have different versions for different move-sets and entrances sure, but the menu doesn't have to be structured like that. I'd give them a pass for the first few years of this shit, but come on.

Or at LEAST make it so I don't have to see Sting 1998 on an entrance nameplate or shit like that.

• Like 2

It is daft that they do it that way, why they can't just have alternate "attires" that can also incorporate differing movesets and entrances is beyond me. Why is "Finn Balor Demon" a separate character to "Finn Balor"? That's before you even start on there being several different John Cenas and such like.

1 hour ago, Apsham said:

They could figure out a system where you just select Sting and then the version you want. They have different versions for different move-sets and entrances sure, but the menu doesn't have to be structured like that. I'd give them a pass for the first few years of this shit, but come on.

Or at LEAST make it so I don't have to see Sting 1998 on an entrance nameplate or shit like that.

Yeah, it's especially obnoxious when they're the only version of them in the game and they still have the year after them, like 'Rob Van Dam '06' in 2K18, for example. If they need to put their years in their name, put it in the character select screen and then nowhere else, because it just looks so out of place, otherwise.

I remember one of the things that used to annoy me when I collected the series was not being able to get a perfect CAW because they'd included almost all of what you needed but one part was inevitably left out. Want to create the Bushwackers? We have their taunts, entrances and moves in the game but you'll have to call them Rod and Todd The Fighting Mongooses because we didn't add Butch, Luke or The Bushwackers to the announceable names. :shifty:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Not sure if these are real, but if they are I have high hopes for 2k19.

Screenshot_2018-08-08-03-15-212_zpsvf7tu

Screenshot_2018-08-08-03-14-362_zpszkcyd

Screenshot_2018-08-08-03-15-532_zps51yxi

If the 10-Man Battle Royal is real, then that means 10 people in a match. 2k18 had a 10-man Royal Rumble. We can possibly finally be able to have an actual SurViVor Series Match!

I need nice career mode details and Let's Plays before I can be swayed.