NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

I'm just waiting for LaVar to start flapping about how he and Lonzo are the reason LeBron wanted to be a Laker. My opinion will forever change on LeBron if he gets that asshat to disappear and shut up.

• Thanks 1

LeBron should have went to Philly for his best chance to win. I get the branding and lifestyle choice in LA but Golden State are as strong as ever and unless they swing Kawhi and/or Boogie I can't see LA competing this year.

This is definitely the first move in a series of moves. Lebron alone moves LA from a probable 9-10 seed up to a 4 or 5 (leaving room for Golden State, Houston and an outlier like OKC or NOLA). Add in Boogie this offseason and Kawai next year and that makes them cemented in the top 3. The main thing with Lebron is courting those other star signings just got infinitely easier by picking up the best basketball player in the world. 

Now we have an offseason to watch SanAn refuse to trade Kawai to the only team that's going to offer for him. No one is touching him now unless it's a sign and trade as the Laker superteam is so painfully obvious. 

18 minutes ago, En Dub said:

Kawai

1ddd1be7dd30469fff4097c184967fff.jpg

----

I'll say this, it's gonna be weird as hell to see LeBron James in the purple and gold. It's like if Michael Jordan ended up in LA, or Larry Bird, or any other bonafide legend that truly didn't need to go ring chasing because they always had a team around them.

Edited by Jasonmufc

Cavs are open to trading Kevin Love. If the Jazz aren't on the phone trying to do a sign and trade with Derrick Favors and Alec Burks, I'm gonna be disappointed.

It's a shame Nerlens Noel never panned out, but really, after his agents borked up his contract talks with the Mavs and royally fucked up a meaty contract, there was just no motivation and drive in Noel and he just seemed to be coasting along and on a team that historically has never had many great centers he still ended up riding the pine because when he wasn't injured he wasn't trying.

I hope he does well in OKC, but at the same time, he had his chance and he blew it royally, so idk. With DeAndre Jordan most likely signing with the Mavs, he's become kinda surplus when we have players that might not have his ceiling but at least go out every night and play their minutes.

Lance and Rondo are the kind of guys that flock to teams with LeBron. They're vets, they know how to play a role, and they have made their money. It's easy for both of them to just hop on board. I know it's Rondo and all, but I like the idea of Ball learning from him as well. 

The big moves are still to come. Whether they get Boogie. And whether they trade for Kawhi or just let him sign there for free next year.

Neither Lance or Rondo or really anybody yet on the Lakers is that none of them are shooters. Even Boogie isn't the typical big man that Lebron has played with before. Hell, even putting Leonard there would be different for Lebron. Lebron is such a great creator that you need people around him who can finish...Leonard is better at making his own shot, Boogie doesnt have a jumper...lebron, so far, has no help score.