Jump to content

EWB Musicians


VerBlue Christmas
 Share

Recommended Posts

I'll have to go back and watch the video next time, but I listened to it while doing other stuff and it sounded like a dope, kinda grimey theme song for a 90s cartoon

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks, yeah its fucking pretty raw with the fuzzy bass added. 

So Sundays jam proved fruitful. I have a lot to mix but wanted this one done asap. Probably my favorite of the day. I'm on drums, friend on guitar, friend on bass. They're both great musicians, dude on guitar especially, he can play anything well. My drumming is a bit eh at first but improves. This one is kinda long but I think feels shorter.

Listen to Thought It Would Never End by VerbalRick on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/T38yM

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

So lots and lots more music. 

Me on bass, Larry on Drums, Adam on Guitar. The picture below for this track is from my old backyard and is a picture of Larry's moms backyard. I miss that house so much. 

This next track is me on bass again, Larry on drums, Adam on guitar. 

A fun surf tune. Me on drums, Larry on guitar, Adam on bass.

I like jamming with these dudes because they're really good and make me look good. But also because they're some of my best friends in the world and are just the most wonderful people to know. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I haven't listened to the other 2 songs yet but that last one I did. I liked it! 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, METALMAN said:

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/shop/a-z/bbc-symphony-orchestra-core/
 

please talk me out of buying this. It looks amazing but there is a cost of living crisis coming.

I'm probably the worst person to talk you out of buying something to do with music. I always encourage frivolous purchases when it pertains to creating music. 

So buy that shit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Couple more...

This one was my favorite. I'm on drums and I suck compared to my dudes jamming on guitar and bass. Still, this one is a good track ,it's 8 minutes, if you want to skip to like 3 minutes in thats fine, thats when my drumming gets a bit better. 

Me on guitar. I'm trash at trying to play lead, again my mediocrity is saved by superior musicians. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like them. Maybe a bit too long for my liking but that's ok.

Also, I think you're too hard on yourself. You play a different instrument in every song you upload and they still sound good.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Malenko said:

I like them. Maybe a bit too long for my liking but that's ok.

Also, I think you're too hard on yourself. You play a different instrument in every song you upload and they still sound good.

Yea. The jam sessions tend to go longer than if we were to make them actual songs. I think I keep them long because I like to figure out what works, what doesn't, and where a fill/bass line/leas guitar part might work in the framework pf the song.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I am by no means a tough guy, a fighter, etc. etc. I avoid conflict at all costs. 

But god fucking damn did it feel so good to bellow this song out with a guitar. This song is basically me playing dirty power chords and screaming that I'm a Bad Mother Fucker and I'll Kick Your ass.

I don't want to beat anybody's ass and I'm not a bad mother fucker. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Decided to learn how to use garageband today, honestly pretty happy with that for a first draft, not really sure where I want to take the basic song from here

Edited by LittleDaniel
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, VerBlue Christmas said:

Wow, that is super fucking cool. Did you use Garageband to create all of that? I like the beat a lot and the ambient swirling going on.

Yeah! I'd used DAWs before but never played around in Garageband, its wayyyy more powerful than I realized.

I feel like I cheated it was so easy lmao, the drums were made by fucking around with their drum machine which is amazing tbh. Lots of different sound packs too, I barely scratched the surface in the like four-five hours I played around with it this morning/afternoon.

Also, because I felt like I'd cheated with the drum machine I started making a beat from scratch. I only had a half hour so I didn't get far...but I realized a couple hours ago that its totally going to be the introduction for the main song when its finished.

 

Edited by LittleDaniel
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm at a party at an undefined location, potentially a large open quarry, and I just did some acid. 
 

that's the vibe I get. I dig it. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Musician friends of EWB... does anyone have any suggestions on software to pick up (for cheap or free) that I could use to record some demo's? I have Audacity, and that works fine for me to record my bass or vocals... but what I'm looking for really, is something that includes virtual instruments so that I can add drums and guitar as well.

I am more or less just looking for something I can use to write songs, and then be able to record a "proof of concept" version of each of them for prospective bandmates. Unless it's good enough for my purposes, in which case, I'll happily just pump out tunes from inside my little hobbit hole, all by me onesies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gabriel said:

Musician friends of EWB... does anyone have any suggestions on software to pick up (for cheap or free) that I could use to record some demo's? I have Audacity, and that works fine for me to record my bass or vocals... but what I'm looking for really, is something that includes virtual instruments so that I can add drums and guitar as well.

I am more or less just looking for something I can use to write songs, and then be able to record a "proof of concept" version of each of them for prospective bandmates. Unless it's good enough for my purposes, in which case, I'll happily just pump out tunes from inside my little hobbit hole, all by me onesies.

do you have mac? if so I would definitely recommend garageband since its free anyway. if not, Ableton Live seems like one of the better ones and you can use it free for 90 days but is otherwise on the pricier end; there's also REAPER  which has a 60 day free trial and seems to get good reviews for something that's only $60 (Live, for instance, starts at $120 for their basic model but then jumps up to $450 for the standard set of features).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reaper is awesome, its what I use. It is free on a trial basis, and you can continue using without paying but you'll be prompted each time after the trial runs out to pay them and no be a deadbeat (which I did because 60 bucks was very reasonable for all Reaper has to offer).

There are plug ins fkr Reaper, but I don't use them. My set is pretty much mic everything up, as far as I know they plug ins that should do what you want but they never really worked right from me but thats because I don't really understand them at all. 

Worst case scenario with Reaper is download it, try it for a month and if it doesn't work for you then so be it. Its a great deal. 

Are you using any real instruments or just trying to lay some basic plug in type stuff? 

16 hours ago, LittleDaniel said:

Yeah! I'd used DAWs before but never played around in Garageband, its wayyyy more powerful than I realized.

I feel like I cheated it was so easy lmao, the drums were made by fucking around with their drum machine which is amazing tbh. Lots of different sound packs too, I barely scratched the surface in the like four-five hours I played around with it this morning/afternoon.

Also, because I felt like I'd cheated with the drum machine I started making a beat from scratch. I only had a half hour so I didn't get far...but I realized a couple hours ago that its totally going to be the introduction for the main song when its finished.

 

Almost makes me want to play around with GarageBand, we have a mac laptop I bought for school a few years ago, realized mac was terrible for basic computer work and its sorta collected dust. Suffice it to say, it's in great shape and has GarageBand on it. I just really struggle using macs. But damn if the stuff you posted doesn't have me wanting to sink my teeth in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, VerBlue Christmas said:

Almost makes me want to play around with GarageBand, we have a mac laptop I bought for school a few years ago, realized mac was terrible for basic computer work and its sorta collected dust. Suffice it to say, it's in great shape and has GarageBand on it. I just really struggle using macs. But damn if the stuff you posted doesn't have me wanting to sink my teeth in.

ahaha this is exactly what happened with me; i needed the macbook for school stuff years ago and its been a netflix machine ever since. if you have any questions about mac or garageband feel free to reach out!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LittleDaniel said:

ahaha this is exactly what happened with me; i needed the macbook for school stuff years ago and its been a netflix machine ever since. if you have any questions about mac or garageband feel free to reach out!

Word, I appreciate that. I managed to get through a few semesters with it, so I do know the basics once I brush up, but like when it came to the basics or moving files around, uploading, etc. etc. it just wasn't as easy as a regular PC is for me (where you like literally just plug a shitty USB chord to your old trash phone and just drag and drop). 

I will probably hit you up on the GarageBand stuff though as I never really figured that out. Don't know when, eventually. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, VerBlue Christmas said:

Are you using any real instruments or just trying to lay some basic plug in type stuff? 

I am going to be using my real bass, and lay vocals down myself. I am hoping to find something with good virtual guitar and drums, but I can probably play some real shit guitar to at least get the point across.

Reaper sounds like the better of the options thus far, so I will probably give that a shot on my days off. Thanks for the information, everyone.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

do any EWB nerds know about synthesizers/building a synth setup? i need to placate my wife

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. To learn more, see our Privacy Policy