[ TYLER ] VS LBTN™

[ Tyler ] versus LBTN™

Story: A company is looking for billboard designers in your area to create a billboard design either promoting their company, an idea it supports, or an event being held by them. Not only do they want to see your proposed design, but they also want to see what it would look like on a billboard *before* it goes up on one!

Basic Rules: Create a billboard design for a company, an idea (pro-life/abortion, equal rights, etc.), or an event (circus, fund raiser, etc.). Then, take your design and find a picture of an actual billboard. Using that billboard, replace the design already on it with your own in as realistic a fashion as you can.

Restrictions: Make it clear what your billboard is stating: if it's a company, include their name, address, and a phone number to reach them by. If it's an event, include it's name, date, ticket pricing(if any) and where it's held. If it's an idea, you don't have to *say* what the idea is, but you should make it apparent as to what it represents.

Size: Billboard design should be 900x500. There is no size limit to the billboard you place your design on, so long as it isn't smaller than 500x300

Deadline: Tuesday, April 11th

• 2 weeks later...

ALLDAWSON'S JUDGING

TYLER vs LBTN:

[ TYLER ]

-------------

Pros: ...

Cons: ...

LBTN

-------------

Pros: Simple design but pulled off well. I think billboards work much better when they have a simple design and you've achieved one here. Billboard manip was done well.

Cons: The website could stand out a bit more, hard to read on the actual billboard.

MATCH OUTCOME

-------------

I like the simplicity of the advert although being just black and white doesn't make you notice it straight away. Perhaps a little colour would benefit it, even if it was just in the logo. Still, nice work. LBTN by default.

WILDCAT'S JUDGING

[ TYLER ] VS LBTN™

[ TYLER ]

PROS: I like the background, I like the logo, I like almost everything about this peice.

CONS: It just seems like you went with a very Safe concept which is fine but doesn't get any extra points from me.

LBTN™

PROS: None

CONS: None

Judgement: Another no show, another easy winner. [ TYLER ] gets my vote

MY JUDGING

[ Tyler ]

-------------

Pros: ...

Cons: These no-shows make me cry, they really do :(

LBTN™

-------------

Pros: Works damn near perfectly as an advertisement for a billboard-- EXACTLY what I would expect when driving down a freeway. Very professionally simple, I'm loving it. The adaptation was well done too!

Cons: It's selling a brand of perfume, right? That has to be it. I'd like to have seen the perfume used rather than your gray thingy behind the text really... it'd help identify the product more. Otherwise, nothing I can find wrong with it.

MATCH OUTCOME

-------------

[ Tyler ]'s was nonexistant, whilst LBTN™'s was probably one of the most billboardy entries in the east wind. Excellent work, LBTN™, excellent work.

LBTN™ advances on to the east wing semi-finals! Congratulations!

As an aside... Wildcat, what were you smoking when you judged this match? [ Tyler ] no-showed, not LBTN™.

Yeah sorry bout that. I did the votes before looking at the names and then filled the name in afterwards to avoid any bias and I filled the wrong names in the wrong places. This is the only one I did that one thankfully. :(

I'll quadruple check next time.

Edited by Wildcat