EWB Monthly Graphic Contest: May

Sorry it's so late, some of the scores were sent in late :rolleyes: and I've been pretty busy myself.

New contest will be posted tomorrow.

Anyway here we go.

The Modern Way

The ModernWay: 6/10

Pros: "Elite V Destiny" logo design is well done. Layout is decent, albeit slightly unbalanced. Overall idea is good.

Cons: Positioning of Elite V Destiny logo is a bit tacky in appearance. "End of the Line" logo uses typical font with terrible looking effect slapped on. Typography on date and venue is bland and is far too close to the edge. Background color is unappealing. While the overall idea was good, the execution was poor.

The ModernWay :9.5/10 - I've seen some great stuff from you but this is top notch. The typography and the effects used are nice simple and the main logo is nicely done. everything is done right and you didn't go overboard.

AD: 7/10

Eddie G: 6.5/10

Total score: 29/40

---

PatDaMan

PatDaMan: 3/10

Pros: The attempted balance of the cuts had a good concept.

Cons: Background is mis-matched in a bad way, far too rough and abrupt. Cuts differ in image quality. Cuts are disproportionate both in lighting and in size to one another. Colors don't work well together. Too many differing fonts that don't complement each other well. Typography itself is incredibly lackluster. Everything feels very, very unbalanced.

PatDaMan :3.5/10 - the background is too busy , the cuts could be better and the text could be improved , maybe a better font. Also there does not seem to be a balance in your graphic

AD: 2/10

EddieG: 4/10

Total Score: 12.5/40

---

Chief87

Chief87: 8/10

Pros: Balance of cuts is superb. Excellent logo design. Excellent balance of type. Typography itself is solid, good balance of fonts. Colors work well together. Poster has a very realistic feel to it.

Cons: The names of the teams are in an awkward position on the poster, and could stand to be integrated more with the core bit of text. Blending of the cuts on the right side is disproportionate to each other and to the other side-- bottom most wrestler is almost entirely in shadows, very difficult to make out coherently.

Chief87 :6.5/10 Way to much red for me , making the top text hard to read. the rest is readable though. Also the black blurry border that cuts off half of their faces needs fixed or scrapped altogether.

AD: 6/10

EddieG: 7/10

Total Score: 27.5/10

---

kempay

kempay: 7.5/10

Pros: Good font choices, they complement each other well. Cuts are balanced to one another.

Cons: The lighting of the cuts are disproportionate. The "Last Stand" logo and subsequent text surrounding it feels as though it should be able to be moved down a little more. Jericho is floating with a very abrupt drop shadow cast across Christian, gives a very unrealistic look to it in comparison to the group at the top. Undertaker should probably be sized up a little bit more for better balance between top and bottom.

kempay: 9.5/10 a close call between your graphic and ModernWay's graphic for top score by me. outstanding as well but the bottom word is hard to read that's the only downfall to your graphic

AD: 7/10

EddieG: 6/10

Total Score: 30/40

---

Split Second

Split Second: 2.5/10

Pros: Semi-decent balance of elements.

Cons: Very poor typography, coupled with poor font choice and poor font effects. Text is going off the page. Background doesn't lend to the piece, but rather detracts from it due to its blandness. Hardy and HHH seem to be slapped in the center to provide balance, but are failing to do so. Boxed images of the wrestlers poorly made and set out in a streamlined manner not complementing to the design. Logo design isn't so much a logo design as a font choice with the "V" sized up, a color picked, and a poorly done drop shadow added on.

Split Second: 6/10 the major downside for me is the typography. overall its a bit too simple.

AD: 4/10

EddieG: 7.5/10

Total Score: 20/40

---

And your winner is...

Kempay with a score of 30/40.

I hope to see some more entries next month, as it will be non-wrestling again, rules will be posted within the next 24 hours.

And let's not forget a big shout out to our judges once again, Norro, AD and docpepper.

See you all next month. :P