Brad Paisley-5th Gear

Draevyn

Brad Paisley is one of those new artists that even if they don't like country music, most people tend to like this guy simply for his comedic charm and witty lyrics. He's had some great songs out there, turning typical country songs into something with a bit of a twist. Broken love songs and making you feel sad and chuckle at the same time. Has anyone listened to this cd yet? I've got it right now and I've managed to catch a few tracks like "Online", "Bigger Fish To Fry" and "Letter to me", which is kind of funny since it's much the same as the topic in the Lounge earlier about writing a letter to yourself in the past. While I don't think it's quite as good as his previous releases, in my opinion "Who Needs Pictuers" was his best, but this one definitely has some quality stuff.

I haven't heard the whole album, but we just released our first issue of country remixes and had Ticks on there, which is great. Also, I think I heard some song about choosing fishing over his woman, but dunno if it's him or not. If it is, that song's worth a laugh as well.

Guest slimlayzie

So I'm guessing this is worth getting then. I haven't heard any of his newest stuff, but have his previous two albums. He does a great job making you feel his lyrics one second, then laugh out load the next. I like how his last CD was set up, it was...serious song, funny song, serious song, funny song ect...

He can make you shuckle with songs like "Waiting on a Women", make you laugh out loud with songs like "Celebrity", "Little Moments" and "The Cigar Song" (One of my favs of his) and then tug at your emotions with songs like "When I get where I'm going" and "Whiskey Lullaby".

I guess I'll have to run out and purchase this one too. :-)

This one isn't as comedy filled as his last few. Though there are some pretty good songs to chuckle about like "I'm Still A Man", "Online" and "Bigger Fish to Fry" which is actually about religion but adds a light touch to it. Then there's "Ticks" which everyone has heard on the radio I'm sure. Then there's the love songs which aren't real witty. Honestly, most of the rest of the cd is kind of forgettable.

Some of the songs I love by him are...just if anyone wants to check him out

"I'm Gonna Miss her"

"Me Neither"

"Sleeping On The Foldout"

"Waitin' On A Woman"

"The Cigar Song"

"Celebrity"

"Famous People"

"Alcohol"

"You Need A Man Around Here"

"Easy Money"

Those are the funny songs I really enjoy. He has a few more which are great, but those are the best for funny. For romantic, sappy with a twist.

"She's Everything"

"Little Moments"

"I Wish You'd Stay"

and then basically the whole "Who Needs Pictures" album.