Baseball Mogul 08

Right so I picked up BM08 yesterday and it is awesome. It's basically much the same game as 06 and what I saw from the 07 demo, but it's a great game so I didn't mind the 25 bucks.

I'm wondering if anyone else has bought the game or played the demo, and what you think.

I've always wanted to start a season with an old team like that, just to see what it would be like. I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually, it just seems like a fun thing to do. How are the stats in that season, by the way? Is Cobb doing well?

Well my staff ace Bill Donovan finished as the NL strikeout leader with 230, ERA leader at 2.42, the NL MVP, Cy Young winner an an Allstar. He finished with a 26-8 record.

Cobb who I had to give up some very good prospects for, finished with a .324 average, 155 hits, 31 doubles, 7 homers and 81 RBI in 124 games to take home the rookie of the year.

When my team was shit, I had Cy Young as my ace, after 2 seasons and his request for a $35,000 contract, I decided to trade him away and got some excellent prospects to go along with my draft picks. A few key free agent signings and I've got a core of the team represented by Jimmy Williams (3B), Harry Steinfeldt (LF) the addition of Cobb (RF) in the field with an indestructible pitching staff in Bill Donovan, Walter Johnson, George Bell and Oscar Jones.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

I've been playing a game as the Toronto Blue Jays starting from their first year, 1977. World Series champs in 89, 90, 92, and 93. Currently in 94, but lost interest in the game because nobody will let me trade them Mark McGwire. :(

Great game. I usually get into it in spurts and eventually lose interest again. But I enjoy playing it a lot. After simming the Orioles first season to start at next year, Barry Bonds was injured most of the year, was released and picked up by the Yankees. God, I can see that happening, more money and power to the rich.

I have the game and it looks pretty fun.

My only problem is I don't know that much about baseball ( I watch it, but know nothing about the trading etc) so i'm pretty much screwed.

I'm running in 1913, I have championships in 03,04,06,07,09,10,11. I've got the Babe, Cobb and Walter Johnson all on the same team. You can't handle us.

Also, with all of my cash I built a brand new stadium which ups my possible attendance from 18,800 to 50,000. Coincidentally this also made my budget about 100,000 more than the New York teams and about 200,000 more than the other teams.

Edited by The Sultan of Swank

I'm in the 1934 season and I think I might have assembled the greatest team to ever take the field. I started off the first two months of the season very well going 43-14, in June, I managed to stretch that to 66-17 going 23-3. In July I went 24-5 to put myself at 90-22. What happened next was just unreal, in August and September my team went 42-0. In fact, all told the undefeated streak went from July 21 to September 16th a span where we went 53-0. I finished the season at 132-22 for a .857 season.

My lineup is as follows:

C Bill Dickey

1B Jimmie Foxx

2B Buddy Myer

3B Pinky Whitney

SS Mark Koenig

LF Babe Ruth

CF Wally Berger

RF Mel Ott

My 4 man pitching staff:

Tommy Bridges (30-1)

Mel Harder (28-5)