Madden '09

Cactus Drags

Jmonteforte, you have an awful connection. It was like calling plays through treacle, and I was getting delays of game because it wouldn;t snap the ball. but then, when I could get a play off, the ball was flying way over my receivers' heads, or not being thrown at all, which was really annoying. I don't think it counted as a result, but if we're playing again, you really need to sort that out.

Oh, do the Saints have a special formation, or is there some weird trickery I don't know about to get your receiver lined up at tailback?

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a PS3.

PSN: TheArsenal85

CKN's PSN: CKN19

rvdwannabe has just changed his PSN to...: rvdwannabe

Essa's: DBone1013

No-one else has comeforward to say they have Madden yet. Oh, and ignore all this little XBox'ers. They're just bitter at having their lives controlled by Bill Gates. And not having Metal Gear Solid <_<

Argh, I'm away from my house for a week and am dying to play some Madden. I soon as I get back, I'll play some online games with anybody. I may wait until I get a new computer, just to solidify the connection. I'm contemplating doing a diary and putting it in the dome, figured I should wait until the new Madden.

Edited by Raven52

It's probablly the whole overseas things, I had to slog through the same stuff playing both of you while the games with the people closer to me were smooth. I think it's kind of bullshit that that game won't count though, I don't know if you quit or if there was network problems but it ended while I was up 28-14 in your own 20 with a minute and change on the clock.

Oh, do the Saints have a special formation, or is there some weird trickery I don't know about to get your receiver lined up at tailback?

People have been found to use the Saints just so they can use the WR Direct Snap so caution when going into a game and someone picks the Saints cause that is the likely reason why they picked them. The devs are trying to come up with a solution to it though

Because it hadn't finished, and it told me you quit and I don't tolerate quitters. I obviously didn't quit since it asked me what to do about the game.

Why would I quit when I was the one completely controlling the game? It was over in less then a minute and I had double your score when it ended for whatever reason. It just told me that I had lost my connection to you and that was it. Didn't lost my connection to live or EA. I beat you fair and for whatever reason it tossed me out when it was already over and I was just running out the clock. Doesn't mean it shouldn't have counted.

And I didn't do the WR direct snap, I just use the Saints for the league.

Yeah but the point Dragsy's making is that because it asked him whether he wanted to count the game or not and didn't ask you then it was obviously your connection that failed. Not counting the game could have actually benefited you, I'm not sure whether it would have counted as a loss for you because your connection failed or whether it would have just ended as the score in progress. Based on other EA games I'm going to guess it would have given you the loss and Dragsy the win by default.

If it's like ranked matches you just finish versus the computer I think. It just doesn't make sense how I disconnected though, I was still on live and I was still in EA. I'm just really confused about the whole situation because there hasn't been anything else like this. It was just terrible timing too.

Because it hadn't finished, and it told me you quit and I don't tolerate quitters. I obviously didn't quit since it asked me what to do about the game.

Why would I quit when I was the one completely controlling the game? It was over in less then a minute and I had double your score when it ended for whatever reason. It just told me that I had lost my connection to you and that was it. Didn't lost my connection to live or EA. I beat you fair and for whatever reason it tossed me out when it was already over and I was just running out the clock. Doesn't mean it shouldn't have counted.

And I didn't do the WR direct snap, I just use the Saints for the league.

You were disconnected. Maybe not from the servers or Live, but from our game. I only exited the game after it asked me what I wanted to do. I wasn't sure whether counting it would have given you a loss for quitting, which I'm sure you'd have been even more annoyed about. Besides, if you're so dominant, you won't have trouble replicating the score at a later date. And I never implied you used the WR direct snap.