Johnathan Coachman Appreciation Thread

OGpistolpete

I believe he was on First Take on Monday, talking nonsense with Skip Bayless or Woody Paige. And I remember seeing an interview he did with Troy Smith some time after Smith won the Heisman. Coach is pretty good when given serious material.

I never understood why Coach got so much heat in the first place. True, he was no JR, but who is? I actually liked him better then I do Michael Cole simply because he was able to do what JR does, and that is show personality. Michael Cole comes off way to bland for me.

..as a secondary announcer, I disliked Coach, only because he went over board in trying to be heel instead of just being an annoying.

But over all, I never understood the heat Coach got. He did an "ok" job when taking over for JR the two or three times he was asked, and was great as the side kick to the authority, whether it was Bischoff or Vince. I always enjoyed his character.