Network Game?

Girl

Now I have been wondering, has there ever been a game similar to Extreme Warfare Revenge where you are the head of a Television Network and you have to set up programming blocks, get rights to shows, plan the weekly line-up, etc? Where you could basically take commend of any of the cable known networks and you could pick from shows that exist and could also pick new shows coming out? I'll differently play a game like this, does anyone know if there is such a thing?

Guest Mr. Potato Head

This belongs in the Coin-Op Arcade, so I'll be moving it there. :)

But to answer your question, yes. There was a very old DOS-based game I can't remember the name of, that wasn't very good at all (I believe ratings were randomly generated). If you look around, it shouldn't be too hard to find a demo of a game called TV Manager - I've never played past the demo, but it looked decent for its time (which was a few years ago).

The best game along those lines is Primetime!, which was developed by a guy named Lee from a company called Bogus Entertainment. You were in charge of a major network (only the broadcast networks, I believe, not cable), but could purchase shows, create pilots, adjust the schedule, all sorts of things. Scotsman did a very funny review of it where I believe he created the 'Michael Cole Variety Hour' and promoted the hell out of it. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find this game anywhere for a few years now - legally or otherwise.

But to answer your question, yes. There was a very old DOS-based game I can't remember the name of, that wasn't very good at all (I believe ratings were randomly generated). If you look around, it shouldn't be too hard to find a demo of a game called TV Manager - I've never played past the demo, but it looked decent for its time (which was a few years ago).

The best game along those lines is Primetime!, which was developed by a guy named Lee from a company called Bogus Entertainment. You were in charge of a major network (only the broadcast networks, I believe, not cable), but could purchase shows, create pilots, adjust the schedule, all sorts of things. Scotsman did a very funny review of it where I believe he created the 'Michael Cole Variety Hour' and promoted the hell out of it. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find this game anywhere for a few years now - legally or otherwise.

http://www.globalshareware.com/Games/Simul.../PrimeTime.html

Is that it? It has a buy now option - not sure if it works, though.

Guest Mr. Potato Head

Right game, but I'm a little leery of that sort of site.

Right game, but I'm a little leery of that sort of site.

My "website safety" thing on Mozilla has that site in the red. Rarely do I see it in the red, most of the time everything's green. Says it's been ranked as a '1' for trustworthiness, vendor reliability, and privacy protection, so... yeah. Good call on being leery.