Rock on the Range

ACCBiggz

Posting to see if there are other Ohioians coming to the concert in May. I know we have a few on here, and for those in the area who don't know the bands on tap to play in Crew Stadium during the two-day gig:

Headliners: Slipknot, Motley Crue, Alice in Chains, Korn, Avenged Sevenfold

Secondary: Shinedown, Buckcherry, The Used, Flyleaf, Chevelle

The Rest: Atreyu, Blue October, Saving Abel, Saliva, Stactic X, Hoobastank, Billy Talent, Black Stone Cherry, All That Remains, Trapt, Rev Theory, The Sick Puppies, Crooked X, Cavo, Pop Evil, Framing Hanley, X Factor 1, State of Shock, Drive A, Charm City Devils, Burn Halo, The Leo Project, Halestorm, Adefifas Way, Early Pearl

I have a fairly short list of the people I really want to see during the weekend:

Alice in Chains, Flyleaf, Atreyu, Saliva, Stactic X, Hoobastank, All That Remains, Pop Evil.

And there are a good number of bands I'll like to see live, but not a necessity (Korn, Slipknot), and others I know the names but not songs off hand (Billy Talent, Rev Theory, Crooked X).

Edited by ACCBiggz

Guest Mr. Potato Head

...State of Shock playing somewhere outside Canada?

(Don't take that as an endorsement, if you go in with any sort of expectations you'll be disappointed.)

Zero informed me he probably won't be there, so that cuts down the list to around... me.

I want to see this show so DAMN bad, but I'm poor. Mostly for the Alice in Chains return but there's so many others worth seeing too.

Wait till they announce what day they'll perform and buy a single day ticket. Tickets were only around 60 a day w/ ticketmaster charges.

Headliners: Slipknot, Motley Crue, Alice in Chains, Korn, Avenged Sevenfold

Secondary: Shinedown, Buckcherry, The Used, Flyleaf, Chevelle

The Rest: Atreyu, Blue October, Saving Abel, Saliva, Stactic X, Hoobastank, Billy Talent, Black Stone Cherry, All That Remains, Trapt, Rev Theory, The Sick Puppies, Crooked X, Cavo, Pop Evil, Framing Hanley, X Factor 1, State of Shock, Drive A, Charm City Devils, Burn Halo, The Leo Project, Halestorm, Adefifas Way, Early Pearl

I would love to go to this. I live in PA, I have entered to win tickets (HA, yeah right), but I am just so poor right now. Seriously, I want to see all the headliners, all the secondary, plus Atreyu, Blue October, Saliva, Static-X, Hoobastank, Billy Talent, Black Stone Cherry, All That Remains, Trapt, Rev Theory, Pop Evil, Framing Hanley, and Burn Halo.

Damn, that would be awesome.

Save up some cash and buy tickets, the hotel stay or whatever could be worked out I'm sure. I mean as I said, it was about 120 total for my two day field tickets.. seats are a bit cheaper, maybe around 45-50 per day. Some hotels around Columbus are a measly 50 a night or so, even around the outside of Columbus. So depending on what you could eventually swing could end up just a bit over 200 for the trip which is mighty good. Just really depends on what your income situation is I suppose.

Another way to easily cut down cost is to invite 3-4 other people and split everything four ways. Get a hotel for that one night at 50 bucks, that means you only pay 12-14 dollars for the night, then splitting gas, and all that. Just trying to help you think of cheaper ways to attend.

And on a random note: Saw Shinedown last year, very disappointed.

Save up some cash and buy tickets, the hotel stay or whatever could be worked out I'm sure. I mean as I said, it was about 120 total for my two day field tickets.. seats are a bit cheaper, maybe around 45-50 per day. Some hotels around Columbus are a measly 50 a night or so, even around the outside of Columbus. So depending on what you could eventually swing could end up just a bit over 200 for the trip which is mighty good. Just really depends on what your income situation is I suppose.

Another way to easily cut down cost is to invite 3-4 other people and split everything four ways. Get a hotel for that one night at 50 bucks, that means you only pay 12-14 dollars for the night, then splitting gas, and all that. Just trying to help you think of cheaper ways to attend.

And on a random note: Saw Shinedown last year, very disappointed.

I saw Shinedown last year in Penn State and agree, they were pretty bad. In their defense, they had several technical problems. Granted, SOiL and Godsmack had no problems so I don't know why they did, but alas, they did.

It's more a matter of getting enough people to get that weekend off, my friends can be a bit prudish when it comes to money...

Edited by B-Rad

• 3 weeks later...

Schedule is partially done (no times posted just yet):

Saturday (Day 1):

Slipknot

Alice in Chains - Korn

Chevelle - Atreyu - Flyleaf

Saliva - Static X - All That Remains - Hurt - Loaded

Black Stone Cherry - Rev Theory - State of Shock

X Factor 1 - Crooked X - Halestorm - Early Pearl - Leo Project

Sunday (Day 2):

Motley Crue

Avenged Sevenfold - Buckcherry

Shinedown - The Used - Saving Abel - Clutch

Blue October - Hoobastank - Billy Talent - Pop Evil

Sick Puppies - Framing Hanley - Royal Bliss - Cavo - Adelitas Way

Burn Halo - Charm City Devils - Drive A

Pretty disappointed in the scheduling. Saturday is FAR superior, much like last year Sunday (STP Reunion, Disturbed, Staind, Killswitch) was far superior. Unless they do a great job of scheduling I won't be able to see everyone I want to on Saturday... while on Sunday there are like two bands I will go see and the others I'll just venture to and stay. Oh well, I'll still get to see AiC and that's all that matters.

There are a few bands on there, but I've also seen probably 8 or 9 of those bands. Doesn't seem worth it. Buck Cherry was really bad i saw them last week w burn halo, who was pretty meh, avenged sevenfold, who was really good, and Papa Roach, who puts on an amazing show. I've seen Shinedown a couple years ago and they were good. Blue October was pretty good too. Sick Puppies are fun, and hurt plays an awesome show too. but i also want to see pop evil and chevelle really bad. I've heard that Slipknot isnt good live. Motley Crue is blah in my mind, and idk if i wanna see a remade AIC. hmmm...could be worth it for the secondary bands, but i'm not too excited about the headliners really.

There are a few bands on there, but I've also seen probably 8 or 9 of those bands. Doesn't seem worth it. Buck Cherry was really bad i saw them last week w burn halo, who was pretty meh, avenged sevenfold, who was really good, and Papa Roach, who puts on an amazing show. I've seen Shinedown a couple years ago and they were good. Blue October was pretty good too. Sick Puppies are fun, and hurt plays an awesome show too. but i also want to see pop evil and chevelle really bad. I've heard that Slipknot isnt good live. Motley Crue is blah in my mind, and idk if i wanna see a remade AIC. hmmm...could be worth it for the secondary bands, but i'm not too excited about the headliners really.

When did you see Avenged Sevenfold, Buckcherry, Papa Roach, and Burn Halo? I saw them in Hershey, and I agree with your opinion of the concert.

Anyway, can't get anyone who is willing to put out the money to go, guess I am out of luck :(

With AIC, Shinedown and Black Stone Cherry being some of my favourite bands it seems like a great show. Shame it's in America.

It's also a shame that Saliva are there. <_<

On Shinedown, were their shows that you guys saw not that good? I've heard that they're awesome live, and the parts of their DVD "Live From The Inside" (namely "Simple Man" which has been taken down off youtube now :angry: ) that I've seen prove it.

Tis a shame no one else from EWB is attending, was looking forward to meeting a couple of you guys if you made it.

On Shinedown, were their shows that you guys saw not that good?

I only saw them at RotR last year and they were rubbish. Hopefully they'll change my mind this year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

RotR09 is over and it was amazing. No one I saw was terrible, but I watched a few bands that weren't really my thing per say (Billy Talent, Avenged Sevenfold). Speaking of which, when and where did AS get that big? Oh well, good for them, they were decent and put on a fine show.

All That Remains, Alice in Chains, Atreyu, Saliva, and Pop Evil were probably my favorite performances. Only band we missed was Slipknot. We were freezing and wanted to get to the hotel instead of caught in traffic so we left before they took the stage (would have been waiting 40 minutes before they even took the stage). But I'm not too big of a fan. On day two we chilled at the second stage after Hoobastank and watched there instead of seeing Saving Abel, Shinedown, and Blue October. During Shinedown we kicked it in the PS3 truck and played some of their games they had. There was other stuff to do there too.

Overall, amazing weekend with excellent rock. Can't wait for 2010, just hoping they have another awesome line-up.