Flogging Molly Album

Guest homerjfry

Guest homerjfry

Anyone else on the board a big "FM" fan? They are one of my favorite bands of all time, as their music is catchy and fantastic. Swagger was one of the best albums I've ever heard, and 5 years later, I can still listen to it all the way through without skipping a track. (and this is after well over 200 listens).

"Drunken Lullabies" was a bit disappointing, but the more I listened to it, the more I liked it. Had a couple weak tracks, but the good ones more than made up for it.

If you go to "FM's" website, you can listen to their cd as it is streaming there (they finally updated their site). I don't want to ruin it though, so I'm going to wait until the CD comes out.

They are touring around the world again, but the days of seeing them for $15 are LONG gone, as here in Los Angeles it costs about $30. I haven't seen them in about 2 years so I'll probably head out and see them in October when they come.

Anyway, any other people excited about the album, or just big "FM" fans? This sounds like a gay thread, but whatever.

Buy the album!

I've only heard like one song from these guys, and that was off Tony Hawks. I keep hearing people saying they are good, so could anyone recomend me some songs? Also, are they those drunken Irish guys, or am I mistaken?

Flogging Molly are just The Pogues, if The Pogues really really really really really sucked.

That is a rather intelligent comment. I guess inspiration means nothing to you. You can say the same thing about the clash/any punk band, the ramones/any punk band, the sex pistols/any punk band, grandmaster flash/any hip hop artist, NWA/any rapper. It makes no sense because "Flogging Molly" isn't ripping off the "Pogues". They have their instruments in common. That's it. I can say "The Pogues" are just celtic music, except with a drunken lead singer.