The Darkness

Steeb

Wow. Just fucking wow. Has anyone else caught them yet? Best live show I've ever been to. Ever.

Started at 7, with first support band Do Me Bad Things. I'd heard a few of their singles before, but I wasn't prepared for the live show. They alternated lead singers a fair few times, and backing singers. The lead guitarist used his effects really well, while the rythm guitarist and bassist put their all into the show. Plus, myself and my mate were the only people you could hear singing along to 'Time For Deliverance' :D

They were followed by Ash. I hate them on CD. Live however, they blew my expectations to pieces. They got the crowd involved, sounded good, and even threw in a great cover of 'Boys Are Back In Town'.

Finally, there was The Darkness. They were amazing. Hundreds of pyros, and flamthrowers. All the old favourites, and a fair few new songs, which made a big impression on me. Water was given out often, and in large amounts. Justin got the crowd involved so well, even down to them making animal noises, just because he said to. Highlight was either the huge crowd surge due to 'I Believe In A Thing Called Love', Justin's 1 man cover of 'Lady In Red' using a keyboard/guitar hybrid, Justin riding above the crowd on a white tiger, during 'Love On The Rock With No Ice' or the 'Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End)' encore. It was such a special show :D

So, has anyone else caught them live on this tour? Or what do you think of them in general?

I love the Darkness and I don't know why there was a sudden influx of people turning against them. One of the amazing all round bands in the past few years. Amazing musicians and amazing entertainers. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to see them as I didn't even know they were on tour until it was too late, and tickets had sold out. Sounded like fun though.

I'm a huge Darkness fan as many people were, then a lot of people seemed to turn on them because they were "overplayed" or "too popular". Many music elitists don't like them but I think they're a great act and a lot of fun to listen to, they certainly make a change from the rest of the bands out on the market today.

When do The Darkness plan on bringing out a new album?

Only seen them live on the television and they're awesome.

Some people turned on them for no reason, not that I care either way. I think they're easily one off the best bands around today and they always bring something new to the table. They deserved to take the Christmas number one spot last time too and it was a shame they didn't. I've heard how Justin is a really nice guy too and pretty damn funny.

Only seen them live on the television and they're awesome.

Some people turned on them for no reason, not that I care either way. I think they're easily one off the best bands around today and they always bring something new to the table. They deserved to take the Christmas number one spot last time too and it was a shame they didn't. I've heard how Justin is a really nice guy too and pretty damn funny.

Edited by TheROC-Revolt

To be honest, I don't think the Darkness work as a comedy act, or as a serious one either. Its like an unfunny version of Spinal Tap thats 20 years late, or a very bad band that rips off bands from 20 years ago.

What annoys me most is the fact that they are so overhyped and get people saying shit like "They are better than Queen" or "They are the saviors of rock and roll".