King of Colosseum II Question

dxhbk

I know that you need a modded PS2 to play KOC II, but I need to know exact what I need. I'm under the impression that I need a Flip-top and Magic Swap Disc. Is this the exact thing that I need?: http://www.ps2cover.com/pstwofliplidswapmagic.shtml Also, does it come with instructions? Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Red Devil

I've just bought the discs and Flip Top and it's working fine. I've been searching for KOC but can't find it anywhere. Anyone point me in the direction of where to get this game?

Guest Red Devil

I've just taken a look at PlayAsia and found the KOC Red & Green as well as Part II.

KOC Green is £10.61 with £1.65 P+P so that comes up to £12.26, That's really cheap if I'm doing it right. I would have expected the P+P to cost a lot more so I may be doing that wrong. If anyone can confirm this then it'd be great. KOC Red is the same price as KOC Green so together they both would cost £24.52, That's a great price for both games and if it's right then I'm definatly going to get it.

On the other hand KOC II which should be a lot better costs £42.61 with £1.65 P+P. That comes up to £44.26, Just under double what both KOC Red & Green would cost.

If I'm doing these right then I'll probably end up getting KOC Green & Red as it's a lot cheaper and if I end up liking it then I can buy KOC II later prefrebly when the price if lowered.

Where did you buy the stuff to mod your PS2 with Diego? Was it the sites Matzat mentioned?

And how wasy was it to mod, if you did it yourself?

play asia is awsome, i order all my japanes and some of my us stuff from them.

the shipping is this cheap becaus it is the slowest, it can take long (most of the time it won´t, but it can, you also can pay 45745$ on overnight UPS or shit)

I agree on KoC2 being a lot better in many wais, but i´ed recomend buying green (or if you need to have the different roster and the shootfighting "story", red, green already had some bugs fixed, nothing major but some) frist, so you don´t yield out way to much monney on just testing the game, KoC2 is a lot better, yes, but the basic idea is the same, so if you can´t get into KoC red/green.... also, they ship a 5$ coupon with almost every order (i at least had one in every order) so in case you like it the first game makes your overall deal 5$ cheaper again, and if you don´t like it you save a lot of monney on KoC2 and send me the coupon :shifty:

Would be great if you could order via my affiliation links if you buy any, that dossent earn me to much but i even apriciate the 60 cent it could be of my next order :-)

green

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-mt9-84-j-70-1sh.html

red

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-mt9-84-j-70-1sh.html

KoC2

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-mt9-71...4-j-70-43g.html

Yeah, definitely go with Green, and then if you really like it, move on to the best wrestling game of all time to this point, KOCII. Of course, this game is not for the No Mercy mark, but I still love that damn game. So, whatever I guess, just don't dive into KOC expecting No Mercy...

Guest Red Devil

Timmayy, I bought both the Magic Switch discs and Fliptop off of EBAY. They were for the slimline PS2. I just opened up the PS2, unsrewed the cover replaced it with the fliptop. Screwed it in again and it was done. 5 minute job and works like a charm.

I looked on EBAY and couldn't find KOC II but found both the red/green versions of it so bought them. Got them for a couple of quid cheaper then PlayAsia. If I like these then I'll most definatly be getting KOCII. A question, I know NO Japanese at all. How is that going to affect me playing the game? I know the wrestlers and stuff but can't read/understand even the basic Japanese language. Just wanna know what affect it's going to have.

Also has anyone bought anything from Hong Kong before? I haven't and want to know how long it usually takes for the items to get here.

Other than what's mentioned above, the roster is split between the games.

Red includes AJPW, NJPW, WAR and more.

Green includes NOAH, Zero-One and more

The complete rosters for the games, as well as KOCII and a Fire Pro game (whats that like BTW) are found here.

Here.