**The Offcial EWB Fantasy Football League 05/06**

actionpad

OK im starting the hype for the EWB Fantasy Football league which starts in July. I will make the league when it opens and we will finally see who the best manager on EWB is. Rules, OK i'll go through them for you. This will take place on fantasy.premierleague.com so register now if you want in.

Squad selection

A manager may enter one Fantasy Premier League squad, multiple squads will be deleted. Squads must consist of:

2 Goalkeepers

5 Defenders

5 Midfielders

3 Forwards

You can select up to 3 players from any one team. If a player is transferred during the season and this transfer takes you over this limit, then you will need to go back under the limit when making your next transfers.

Each player has been given a value. The total value of your initial squad must not exceed 100 million. The value of each player can be found here.

Formations

From your 15 player-squad you select 11 players to form your team each Gameweek. Only starting or automatically substituted players will earn points for your team. Your team can play in any formation, providing one, and only one, goalkeeper is selected.

To change your formation simply select your chosen eleven players on the My Team page. The computer will automatically chose your formation based on the players you have selected.

Players can only play in their designated position. For example, you can't play a defender as an attacker.

Captains

You must nominate a member of your team to be captain. This player will score double the number of points he would usually have been awarded that Gameweek. You can change your captain at any time, though the change will not take affect until the next deadline.

If your captain does not play then the bonus will be lost. Another player will not take over the captaincy in his place.

Automatic substitutions

If your goalkeeper plays no part in the Gameweek, then the computer will substitute him for your replacement goalkeeper, if he played in the Gameweek.

If any of your outfield players play no part in the Gameweek, then the computer will try to substitute the inactive player for one of your replacements. This is done by replacing him with your highest priority substitute who actually played in the Gameweek. You can change your substitution priorities on the My Team page.

Automatic substitutions are applied at the end of the Gameweek, when all matches have been played.

Deadlines

Fantasy Premier League is divided into Gameweeks. Any changes to your team (substitutions, transfers, captain changes, substitution priorities) must be made by the Gameweek deadline to take effect for that set of matches

Scoring

During the season, the fantasy football players will be allocated a point score after each game, based on their performances in the matches. Only official Barclays Premiership games are included.

The Points will be calculated using data provided to us by the Press Association. Neither we nor the Press Association will enter into any correspondence relating to the allocation of points to players. We accept no responsibility for the accuracy of this data.

For Playing In a Game = 1 Point

For Playing For At Least 60 Minutes In A Game = 2 Points

Goalkeeper Or Defender Scoring = 6 Points

Midfielder Scoring = 5 Points

Striker Scoring = 4 Points

For a Goal Assist = 3 Points

For your goalkeeper / defender conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) = 4 Points

For your midfielder conceding 0 goals (must also play at least 60 minutes) = 3 Points

For Every 3 Saves Made By Your Goalkeeper = 1 Point

For Every Penalty Save = 5 Points

For Every Penalty Miss = -2 Points

Bonus points for being judged to have made an excellent performance in a game = 3 Points

For every 2 goals conceded by your goalkeeper or defenders = -1 Point

For a Yellow Card = -1 Point

For a Red Card = -3 Points

An assist is defined as follows - A player making a cross, pass or header which is directly responsible for creating a goal. There are no assists for own goals, penalties, significantly deflected passes or rebounded shots.

Transfers

After selecting your squad you can still deal in the transfer market. Unlimited squad transfers can be made, 1 transfer can be made between each gameweek deadline without charge. Each additional transfer made in the same gameweek will deduct 4 points from your total at the next deadline. Free transfers are not carried over from week to week.

All transfers before the season starts are made at no cost.

Player prices vary during the season dependent on the popularity of the player in the transfer market. Player values will not change until the season starts.

If you sell a player for a higher price than you paid, then a sell-on fee of 50% (rounded up to the nearest 0.1 million) will be applied on the profits. For example, if you buy a player for 4.2 million and when you transfer him his value is 4.5 million then you will only receive 4.3 million.

So there are the rules.

Manager: Actionpad

Team Name: Actionpad's Avengers

Players Definatley Signing: Frank Lampard and John Terry

Post Here For Sign Ups.

What a pointless long and dull post. Why didn't you just link to the fantasy premier league site and give the password to your league. Oh and since when the fuck do you have any right to make the OFFICIAL thread of anything? Just sit down and shut up. Crankface.

Plus, I was planning on doing this... but not 3 whole months before the season has even started.

I was completely addicted to this during this past season, and was a member of the EWB league even though I have no idea what position my team finished in.

I would definitely sign up for one next season but as AJ says it's way too soon to start it.