RING OF HONOR

Guest BicicletaPueblo

Guest BicicletaPueblo

(I never did any of these before but they look like fun, Feedback is appreciated)

Overview

Ring of Honor is a wrestling promotion unlike any other that you can watch on television in the United States. Total Nonstop Action tries to emulate ROH, having X-Division matches that are awesome but are overshadowed by Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash, and other older brawlers. World Wrestling Entertainment has had a few wrestling masterpieces, but buries its Cruiserweight division on Smackdown and limits the style of many talented wrestlers who would probably fit well in ROH. Many other indies also have some focus on wrestling athelticism but none can completely emulate Ring of Honor.

History

ROH started in 2002 with the Era of Honor Begins under RF Video, owned by Rob Feinstein. At least one show was held per month and there were many amazing matches on every show. Soon, ROH developed a cult following and attendance figures began to grow. In early 2004, after RF was caught going to an underage boy's house in a sting operation set up by a Philidelphia televsion station, ROH split from RFVideo and was ran by Cary Silken and Gabe Sapolsky. Even with the loss of Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles to TNA, ROH still stayed alive and created new stars like Austin Aries and Jay Lethal. The future is bright for Ring of Honor as the most talented, athletic wrestlers in a country are in the ROH main events with many bright stars rising through the undercard.

May 7, 2005

11:30 AM- I wake up late because today is Saturday and I am not a morning person.

My name is David Robin and I am a senior at Benjamin N Cardozo High School in Bayside, NY. I watch all four WWE programs (Smackdown, Raw, Velocity, and Heat) as well as TNA, even though I heard that IMPACT may be ending soon. Around a year ago, I became aware of the excellence of Indy Wrestling. I heard about Ring of Honor and decided to go online to the ROHWrestling.com message board. I wanted to see what the best tape was, as I do not have much money to spend. After skimming though many different topics, I decided on Main Event Spectacles because it was described as a show that new fans would enjoy. I ordered it on tape(I didn't have a DVD player) and it came around a week later (I use Check instead of Credit Card). I watched it after school and was amazed. I witnessed moves that I have never seen on any mainstream wrestling show. The wrestling was believeable and it had more of an athletic feel to it than what I was used to. Soon I bought more shows, and just kept getting more and more interested in Ring of Honor. I go to ROHWrestling.com almost every day to look at news and the message board for interesting conversations.

Today is no different as after waiting five minutes for my computer to boot and for America Online to load, I go to to the ROH Website. I look at the latest news and am amazed at what I see.

ROH is running an essay contest where the winner gets to run an ROH event.

Running my own wrestling show was a dream of mine ever since I was 14 and I was a commissioner in e-wrestling. Not only would I be able to run a show but I would also be able to work with Ring of Honor. I had no plans for today so I figured that I might as well give it a shot. You never know what could happen.

3:30 PM- I finish my essay and submit it to ROH, using the form on the website. There is nothing left to do but sit, cross my fingers, and wait. Life goes on, and the contest doesn't end until May 14th.

May 21, 2005

The contest ended last week and according to the website, today was the day that the results were going to be announced. I was excited to check but not confident enough in my essay. I was never an overconfident person and I figured that people from all across the country must have entered this contest. What are the odds that a 18 year old kid from Bellerose would win the contest?

9:37 AM- I am awake and more excited than usual about going on the internet. As my computer boots, I can't help but think about all of the possiblities, even if I had no chance of winning. I think about all of the wrestlers and ROH staff that I would meet if I win. I also pondered about the great dream matches I could make. AOL loads and I type ROHWrestling.com into the toolbar.

It felt like an eternity until the page opened. I scrolled down and to my amazement saw my name...

Here are the essay winners:

1) Grand Prize: Ash Parker

2) Second Prize(Any 10 ROH DVDs and a front row seat at any ROH Live Event): Trent Smith

3) Third Prize(Any 5 ROH DVDs and a free ticket to any ROH Live Event): David Robin

Thank you to all of the others who entered. Without our dedicated fans, Ring of Honor would not exist today.

All of my hard work on the essay paid off. I won 5 ROH DVDs and a free ticket to a live event! I have never been to any ROH events and only bought the DVDs occasionally because I was not wealthy. I wasn't the grand prize but it was good enough for me.

June 2, 2005

I decided to pick the ticket to ROH's debut in Long Island and have just recieved It All Begins, All three parts of the Third Anniversary Celebration, and Death Before Dishonor II(They gave me a break and let me take both parts). I was truly happy at my prize, and excited about going to an ROH event in the future.

However, I had no idea what would happen next.

4:15 PM- The phone rings and my mom answers it. I am busy watching Velocity from the previous week as I was out and had to record it on my VCR.

Mom: David, its for you.

I get up angrily after being interrupted, thinking that it was my friend who never stops calling me. I take the phone out of my mom's hand and the conversation begins.

Me: Hey

Voice: Hey, this is Gabe Sapolsky from Ring of Honor.

I was so shocked at this. I know I gave them my phone number from previous orders but I couldn't believe that they were calling. I wondered what he was calling about.

Me: Umm....whats up?

Gabe: The grand prize and second prize winners are both already wrestlers. We tried working with them but they wanted to defeat Austin Aries for the ROH belt.

Me: That's horrible.

Gabe: I know, we can't have this in Ring of Honor. This is not the WWE. Only the best wrestlers are rewarded.

Me: Are they good wrestlers?

Gabe: I don't know. We haven't seen them in the ring. We never even heard of either of them. My staff and I have looked all over the internet for tapes but we can't find any.

Me: That's a shame.

Gabe: So we were wondering, since you won Third Prize...

I realized what he was about to say, and was right.

Gabe: Can you help book the next Ring of Honor show?

This was the most amazing feeling ever. I couldn't believe that out of all of the essays, mine about "what makes ROH different than Mainstream Wrestling" was going to help make my dream come true.

Me: Yes, of course. Thank you!

Gabe: No problem. Come down to the offices in Bristol on July 1st. We'll send you the address as well as other info in the mail.

Me: Awesome. I'll be there.

Gabe: Alright. See you on July 1st.

He hung up and then I slowly hung up my phone, thinking that it was all a dream. That night, I asked my parents and they let me go, since school would be over by then.

Now all that was left was to wait for the first day in July...

Well, an essay contest is slightly more creative then "I Won the lottery" or "I asked Gabe and he said yes" but it still seems unrealistic. I mean come on, if you owned a company would you let someone run it if they wrote an essay well? For me the answer is no.

Luckily I'm not a big backstory freak so I’ll wait for a show before forming any real type of judgment.

Guest Crossface

Actually,the "B show" is a afternoon show,with the younger wrestlers getting a shot to show what they got before advancing in the ranks.

Guest BicicletaPueblo

July 1st 2005

10:15AM- I am sitting in Gabe's office waiting for him to come in. Today is the day that I finally get to meet the men behind Ring of Honor. I am more excited than I have been in my entire life. The Ring of Honor offices aren't very big which is quite understandable, but it still feels like an oasis to me. Suddenly, a door swings open and out comes two men and one semi-attractive woman.

Man- Hello David.

Me- Hi, Gabe?

I recognized the man's voice from the phone call on June 2nd.

Gabe- Yes, and to my right is Cary and Sophie.

Me- Cary...Silken?

Cary-Yes, Hi David.

Sophie- Pleasure to meet you.

I shook all three individuals hands and then they sat down across from me.

Gabe- Okay, lets get down to business.

Sophie- First, here is a coupon for Six Flags.

Me- Umm...okay.

Cary- It's one of our new sponsors, they just signed on today.

Gabe- Electronic Arts has some great games. We might be able to make a Ring of Honor game one day.

Cary- And it will be for all Sega systems.

Sophie- Later, we should order some Domino's Pizza.

Me- I like Pizza Hut better.

Sophie- No...Dominos.

Me- Umm...sure.

Gabe hands me a list. I look down and read familiar names that I have seen on various Ring of Honor DVDs.

Gabe- This is the roster list that you can work from. You will make many decisions but we have to approve them all....

Cary- Just to play it safe.

Roster List

Main Event

Low-Ki (Martial-Arts, Hl)

Samoa Joe (No Gimmick Needed, F)

Upper Midcard

Bryan Danielson (No Gimmick Needed, F)

Homicide (Gangsta, H)

James Gibson (Redneck, F)

Midcard

Alex Shelley (Arrogant, T)

Austin Aries (No Gimmick Needed, H)

BJ Whitmer (No Gimmick Needed, T)

CM Punk (Clean Cut, F)

Colt Cabana (Old School Face, F)

Dixie (No Gimmick Needed, F)

HC Loc (Extremist, F)

Jimmy Rave (Arrogant, H)

John Walters (No Gimmick Needed, H)

Ricky Reyes (Cocky, H)

Rocky Romero (Cocky, H)

Spanky (Fun Babyface, F)

Steven Richards (Putz, F)

Tony DeVito (Extremist, F)

Trent Acid (Cocky, H)

Lower Midcard

Ace Steel (Fun Babyface, F)

Delirious (Mysterious, F)

Deranged (Stoner, T)

Fast Eddie (Arrogant, H)

Izzy (Stoner, H)

Jack Evans (Highlight Reel, H)

Jimmy Jacobs (Crazy, F)

Matt Sydal (Blue Chipper, F)

Nigel McGuinness (Arrogant, F)

Puma (Luchadore, F)

Roderick Strong (No Gimmick Needed, H)

Openers

Azrieal (No Gimmick Needed, F)

Cloudy (Stoner, H)

Diablo Santiago (None, H)

Dunn (Fun Babyface, F)

Jay Lethal (No Gimmick Needed, F)

Marcos (Fun Babyface, F)

Oman Turtoga (Arrogant, H)

Vordell Walker (None, F)

Jobbers

Anthony Franco (Blue Chipper, F)

Cheech (Stoner, H)

Davey Andrews (Blue Chipper, F)

Evan Starsmore (Blue Chipper, F)

Matt Turner (Blue Chipper, F)

Shane Hagadorn (Blue Chipper, F)

Non-Wrestlers

Mick Foley (Unique, T)

Managers

Allison Danger (Tomboy, H)

Becky Bayless (Cheerleader, H) [Dixie and Azriel]

Bobby Heenan (The Brain, F)

Daizee Haze (None, F)

Jim Cornette (Sports Agent, F)

Julius Smokes (Rapper, H) [Homicide]

Lacey (Girl Next Door, H) [izzy and Deranged]

Prince Nana (Royalty, H) [Diablo Santiago, Oman Turtoga, Jimmy Rave]

Me- Wow, I have alot to work with.

Cary- Yes, also...Austin Aries is our World Champ and Jay Lethal is our Pure Champ.

Gabe- Do you know the Pure Title rules?

Me- Yes, 3 rope breaks for each wrestler, right?

Cary- Yeah, basically. Now, here is a list of all of the tag teams in Ring of Honor...

Tag Teams

Colt Cabana and Nigel McGuinness (5 EXP)

Dixie and Azriel (15 EX)

DP Associates (Fast Eddie and Jimmy Rave) (5 EXP)

Anthony Franco and Eddie Starsmore (6 EXP)

Generation Next(Roderick Strong and Jack Evans) (13 EXP)

Generation Next III (Austin Aries and Jack Evans) (5 EXP)

Havana Pitbulls (Ricky Reyes and Rocky Romero) (50 EXP)

Havana Pitbulls II (Ricky Reyes and Puma) (11 EXP)

Samoa Joe and Jay Lethal (10 EXP)

Lacey's Angels (Izzy and Deranged) (30 EXP)

Outkast Killahs (Oman Turtoga and Diablo Santiago) (30 EXP)

Ring Crew Express (Dunn and Marcos) (38 EXP)

Second City Saints (Colt Cabana and CM Punk) (45 EXP)

The Carnage Crew (HC Loc and Tony Devito) (40 EXP)

The H Effect (Dixie and Deranged) (20 EXP)

The New Dawn (CM Punk and Azriel) (5 EXP)

Sophie- The Champs are Jimmy Jacobs and BJ Whitmer who are basically a makeshift tag team.

Me- Hmm...thats interesting.

Gabe- It is. I think that they make a good team though. Now here are the stables that you have to work with.

Stables

Generation Next

LEADER- Austin Aries

Roderick Strong

Jack Evans

Lacey's Angels

LEADER- Lacey

Cheech

Cloudy

Deranged

Izzy

Second City Saints

LEADER- CM Punk

Ace Steel

Colt Cabana

The Embassy

LEADER-Prince Nana

Fast Eddie

Diablo Santiago

Oman Turtoga

Jimmy Rave

John Walters

The Rottweilers

LEADER- Homicide

Julius Smokes

Low-Ki

Ricky Reyes

Rocky Romero

Gabe- Good luck Dave. July 16th is Death Before Dishonor, one of our biggest events.

Cary- We want to make sure that it will be a night to remember. We want to fans to get what they pay for, quality wrestling.

Dave- Okay.

I have always been a fan of good wrestling. I'm not really into alot of the storyline aspects of wrestling. At least, not the wierd preverted sports-entertainment ones. How could I make July 16th special? This is going to take alot of thinking...

Crossface, you're wrong. A show such as Do or Die isn't a B show, it's more a dark show compared to the actual show which is put onto DVD, while the dark show I believe isn't. Anyways, unrealistic backstory but alrigth writing so I'll be reading a bit.

Guest MasterOfMyDomain

This diary gives a bad name to ROH.

Gabe Sapolsky, one of the best bookers in the business, decides to BEG a high school student to help him with his booking? Why, because he needs angles about algebra homework and getting a date to the prom?

Hopefully your shows are a lot better than your backstory, or else this diary will become completely unreadable.

This diary gives a bad name to ROH.

Gabe Sapolsky, one of the best bookers in the business, decides to BEG a high school student to help him with his booking? Why, because he needs angles about algebra homework and getting a date to the prom?

Hopefully your shows are a lot better than your backstory, or else this diary will become completely unreadable.

Guest BicicletaPueblo

12:07PM- After a quick lunch break I go back to work, ready to think of ideas for July 16th, Death Before Dishonor. We decided to set up meetings for every day leading up to the event because I had no school anyway so my parents didn't really care. It will like a summer vacation in Bristol, PA, complete with a hotel room. Back to work...

Me- Umm...guys, I was thinking of having a storyline revolving around the title.

Cary- Sounds interesting.

Me- Maybe a four way to determine a number one contender for later in the night?

Gabe- That could work. How will you decide who will participate?

Me- Well, I was looking at the roster list and saw the top four names. Low-Ki, Bryan Danielson, James Gibson, and Homicide.

Cary- What about Samoa Joe? He is one of our most recognized main eventers.

Me- Well, I always saw him as a more technical wrestler, so I was thinking that he could maybe be in contention for a pure title shot?

Sophie- Uhh...guys...

Me- Hmm...are you sure? He was our world champ for almost two years.

Sophie- Guys...

Me- Exactly. He needs something fresh. Something that will keep the fans interested.

Sophie- GUYS!

All three look to Sophie who is studying a sheet of paper.

Sophie- Are you guys forgetting... Gibson and American Dragon are working for New Japan for all of July.

Me- Damn.

Cary- I can't believe we forgot that. Dave, if you want a four way, you could have Low-Ki and Cide but we need two others.

Me- Hmm...there are so many talented midcarders to choose from.

Gabe- Well, Spanky has been getting great reactions lately. He was one of the original ROH workers before leaving for WWE.

Me- I like Spanky. Let's give him a shot.

After a short pause....

Cary- How about CM Punk?

Gabe- Hmm...Punk is great. He is the future of Ring of Honor.

Me- He is one of my favorite wrestlers. I think he would do well here. He could be number four. The four-way could be one of the first matches with the winner facing Aries in the main event.

Cary- Okay, sounds like a plan.

Me- Now to decide who gets the win....

5:46 PM- While walking out of the Bristol ROH offices, I am stopped by two men who look desperate.

Man- Sir, give us a chance in Ring of Honor.

Other Man- PLEASE! We will fight any match.

Me- Who are you?

Man- I am Ash Parker.

Other Man- I am Trent Smith, my ring name is Psychic.

I think back to where I have heard those names before. It takes a few moments but I finally recognize their names.

Me- You guys had the essays right? First and second place??

Ash- Yes....

Me- You wanted to take over DBD and win the World Titles. Gabe and Cary stopped you. Why would I help you.

Smith- Who is DBD?

Me- Death Before Dishonor. July 16th, A four-way to decide the number one contender. You guys aren't in the plans.

I am not usually an angry person but I just lost it. I hate Triple H, Jeff Jarrett and all others who use their power to win matches and titles. I would not let them ruin the show.

Me- I'm sorry, there is nothing I can do.

I walk away quickly before they can stop me again. I know that all hard-working indy wrestlers want a shot in Ring of Honor but they tried to cheat their way to the World Title. That is just wrong. I need some sleep...

ROH Newswire

July 1st: David Robin is the essay winner who will be booking Death Before Dishonor III. The first match signed will be a four corner survival match between Spanky, Low-Ki, Homicide, and CM Punk. These four are some of the best atheletes in ROH History and on July 16th they will wrestle in a four way that will showcase a unique variety of styles. The winner will face Austin Aries in the same night for the World Title.

July 1st: Low-Ki and Homicide will both be participating in the four-way on July 16th. It should be interesting to see if they team up against Punk and Spanky and if the team will last. The biggest prize in Ring of Honor is the World Title and while Low-Ki and Homicide are Rottweilers, they have to both have the same career goals. What will happen in this action-packed four-way??

July 1st: After reading an e-mail sent by Samoa Joe in between training sessions at the Inoki Dojo, we found out that he wants more gold in Ring of Honor. While he wants a rematch against Aries in the future, right now he wants the Pure Title. He thinks that he is a better technical wrestler than Jay Lethal and while he admits that Lethal has talent, he wants to prove why he is one of the best technical wrestlers today. It should be interesting to see where this goes, considering that Jay Lethal and Samoa Joe have been a team as of late.

July 1st: As a gift to all of our fans before Death Before Dishonor III, We will be running a Buy Three, Get One Free sale all weekend. Buy any three DVDs sold on ROHWrestling.com and get one free. This is a great oppurtunity for all of our fans to catch up on all of the superb Ring of Honor action.

July 1st: We welcome our new Medical staff to Ring of Honor. Becky Givens, Shawn Miavia, and Steve Stones have joined the Ring of Honor staff. Also Josh Hedges, Lars Smithers, and Spike Franklin were added as our new writers. Andre Baker, Fredric G. Rubenstein, John Price, and Simon Suicide are road agents that will now be going to all Ring of Honor shows.

July 1st: Urial and Ross Abrams have been apart of our production team for a long time. However, both have recently decided to search other options. We thank them for their work in Ring of Honor.

[OOC: I know that this has started off slow but from here on, things are going to begin to pick up. More feedback is appreciated, good and bad.]

Guest MasterOfMyDomain

I've got a little more feedback:

I understand that this is just a backstory, as one of the above posters said, but if his backstory doesn't make any sense, what makes people believe his writeups/angles will make any sense?

Plus, he doesn't seem to know much about Ring of Honor at all.

CM Punk is the FUTURE of ROH? He is the present of ROH, actually, one of their top draws and biggest stars, who has drawn major interest from the major players in the business. He should have been the first person put into that 4 Corner Survival, as he is a bigger star in ROH than Homicide, at least.

Also, if you're going to build up a match between Jay Lethal and Samoa Joe, wouldn't you at least brush on the student/mentor relationship between them at the beginning, if not make it a major selling point of the match?

If you really want to stick to the true nature of ROH, there needs to be actual reasons behind your decisions, and the Newswire needs to be used to create major buildup behind the match. So far, you've made 2 matches for your show, and the reasons behind them have been non-existant.

Why are the 4 men you chose fighting in the #1 contendor's match on the show? Is there any reason, or just because you thought it would be cool? Samoa Joe gets a Pure Title shot because he asks for one and thinks he deserves it? You seem to be completely disregarding the idea of Title Petitions that ROH uses.

I'm sorry if this is a long-winded rant, but as a dedicated follower of Ring of Honor, I'd like to see a diary about the company portrayed with even a little bit of accuracy.

Guest BicicletaPueblo

First off, I just wanted to know how i was doing in my first diary. I am getting alot of enjoyment out of this, believe me.

Samoa Joe said he wanted a pure title shot but it was never signed as a match.

Also, I meant that CM Punk is the future of Pro Wrestling, since he is most likely going to the WWE in a few days in real life.

I still have 15 days in the game to build up matches, there will be more buildup to each match.

A new part will be posted later, probably covering a few days.

Later.

no offence this is like the first diary i read that i really don't like reading. just because of what others have said. your making RoH look bad. i can see this "essay to run <insert promotion>" with maybe a local fed if that but not one of the top indies in america. my suggestion do this same diary w/a local fed. im sure u have a few around you just create it.... ~xHK Refx~

Guest BicicletaPueblo

July 2nd, 2005

Today is Saturday which means a day off to explore Pennsylvania. It should be a fun day.

Wrestling News Derived from the Torch

Sponsorship Deals on the Rise

RAW has just signed new sponsorship deals with Interscope Records, Columbia Pictures, Stacker 2, Pizza Hut. In addition, TNA has signed sponsorship deals with Viacom Inc., Nintendo, Playstation 2, and Sports Illustrated. It should be interesting to see if this leads to a TNA video game. Also, Viacom owns Spike TV which airs shows from both Raw and Smackdown. Why would they team up with TNA? Smackdown also signed new deals with Ceasar's Palace, THQ, Radio Shack, PWSE. Other smaller indy's such as Ring of Honor and CZW as well as Mexico's AAA and CMLL have found new sponsors.

Trimming the Staff?

RAW has reduced their strong staff, firing mainstays like Writer Brian Gewitz, Ted Dibiase and Harvey Whippleman. Tommy Dreamer, Droz, and other staff members were also given pink slips. These wrestling minds may end up helping other promotions in making it to the next level. TNA also made some moves, firing Jeremy Borash and other TNA mainstays and hiring former WWE talents including Dave Finlay. Smackdown fired Sgt. Slaugther, Dave Finlay, Jack Lanza, Hillbilly Jim, Gene Okerland, and Tony Chimel.

Smaller Promotions get a Boost!

Many bigtime staff members have immediately joined smaller promotions. CMLL signed Tony Schiavone to a contract, CZW signed Sgt. Slaughter and Paul Orndorff to a contract, and AAA signed Tom Pritchard and Hillbilly Jim.

Developmental Talent Let Go

RAW and Smackdown have released Chris Cage, Dean Jablonski, Romeo Roselli and Antonio Thomas of the Heartbreakers, Ken Doane, Brian Black, Mac Johnson, Steve Lewington, Mike Taylor. Talented women such as Beth Phoenix and Jillian Hall were also released, which makes you wonder where the RAW Women's Division is going.

TNA Cuts Talent

TNA has also made some moves, releasing Buck Quartermain, D-Ray 3000, Mikey Batts, Bruno Sassi, Trytan, Lex Lovett, Rick Santel, and Big Tilly. This may have been a sign that TNA is cutting the roster to put the focus on their most talented workers. But, in a surprising move, TNA also released Roddy Piper and Kevin Nash. Yesterday, TNA received a 2.68 rating for IMPACT!

Small Promotions Losing Money?

FIP released James Gibson, IWC released Jerry Lawler, NWA Cyberspace released Jeff Jarrett, IWA Puerto Rico released The Outlaw "Billy Gunn", CMLL have released Hector Garza, Tiger Mask, and Gigante Silva and UXW Released Raven, Al Snow, and Chris Candido. All of these sudden firings could mean that these promotions do not have enough money to pay these big time talents. What will this mean for the future of indy Wrestling?

July 3nd, 2005

Today is Sunday and another day off from work. It's amazing because this is the first job I have ever had where I want to go back to work. I wonder if Gabe and Cary are doing anything without me?

Wrestling News Derived from the Torch

OVW Being Destroyed

RAW and Smackdown made more developmental cuts today as Danny Inferno, Angel Williams, Chad and Tank Toland, Aaron Stevens, Brian Carlucchi, Tony Straddlin, Derrick Neikirk, Mike Mondo, and Paul Birchall were all let go. We wish these talents luck in the future as many of them have talent and just couldn't find their break.

Midcard Mayhem in Mexico

Many Midcarders from AAA and CMLL were given pink slips yesterday. Eleven wrestlers were released from CMLL and Both women such as Lady Apache and Pimpinela Escarlita and talented luchadores were released from AAA.

Tidbits

Jack Marciano of the Blackjacks and JC Bailey were released from IWA Mid South.

Becky Bayless and Diablo Santiago of the Outcast Killahs was released from UXW.

TNA earned a low 0.63 rating for Xplosion and Smackdown received a 4.43 rating for Smackdown. It shows the vast difference between the two Saturday night B-Shows.

ROH Newswire

July 3: Mark Nulty has left Ring of Honor to research other options. We thank him for his time in Ring of Honor. Sugar Sean Price has also left the Ring of Honor staff. We wish these men luck in the future.

July 3: After a phone call with Spanky yesterday, we learned he is pumped up for the Four Corner Survival on July 16th. "WWE just wasn't fun anymore. I was only on Velocity and my style was held back. I couldn't have the fun that I was having in Japan for Zero-One and here with Ring of Honor. On July 16th, I am going to have a chance to win the ROH World Title in New Jersey. I will have a chance to represent one of the best indy feds today in Ring of Honor. I want to represent ROH. I want to represent quality wrestling and exciting, hard hitting action. Homicide and Low-Ki are great wrestlers who may work together against me. CM Punk is another great talent who can go toe-to-toe with anyone in the business. It is going to be a challenge but that is what makes this fun. Wrestling the same match every night was boring...Wrestling with ROH where every match is a challenge rejuvenated my love for the business. With the fans behind me, I am going to win the gold and have the fun that can only take place in an ROH ring". We can't wait to see what Spanky brings to the ring on July 16th.

Guest BicicletaPueblo

July 4th, 2005

Still on vacation. Tomorrow, the "work" begins again. I love this opportunity so much, this pumped up feeling isn't going to end. I am going to have a phone conference at 1PM though.

1:02 PM- I am sitting in my hotel room with the phone on speaker. Me, Gabe, Cary, and Sophie are beginning our conversation as even though today is July 4th, the big show is only a few days away. I am looking at the tag team list given to me a few days ago.

Tag Teams

Colt Cabana and Nigel McGuinness (5 EXP)

Dixie and Azriel (15 EX)

DP Associates (Fast Eddie and Jimmy Rave) (5 EXP)

Anthony Franco and Eddie Starsmore (6 EXP)

Generation Next(Roderick Strong and Jack Evans) (13 EXP)

Generation Next III (Austin Aries and Jack Evans) (5 EXP)

Havana Pitbulls (Ricky Reyes and Rocky Romero) (50 EXP)

Havana Pitbulls II (Ricky Reyes and Puma) (11 EXP)

Samoa Joe and Jay Lethal (10 EXP)

Lacey's Angels (Izzy and Deranged) (30 EXP)

Outkast Killahs (Oman Turtoga and Diablo Santiago) (30 EXP)

Ring Crew Express (Dunn and Marcos) (38 EXP)

Second City Saints (Colt Cabana and CM Punk) (45 EXP)

The Carnage Crew (HC Loc and Tony Devito) (40 EXP)

The H Effect (Dixie and Deranged) (20 EXP)

The New Dawn (CM Punk and Azriel) (5 EXP)

Edited by BicicletaPueblo