WWE Raw 2005: The New Era

goodieuk

IPB Image

Live From Missouri

Monday 9th January 2006

Attendance: 2,801

TV Audience: 847,637 viewers (down by 21,321)

We went straight to broadcasting without any introductions or credits as footage kicked off Monday Night Raw with highlights from last weeks dramatic ending to Raw.

'War'

Footage kicked the show off with what took place last week on Raw. It started with Christian's promise that he will return to meet Kane soon, as well as Chris Benoit's shocking exit from the company as he walked out during an interview being broadcast by Chris Jericho who beat him just 24 hours earlier. Footage showed of D-Generation X challenging 'The Problem Solvers' to a match which would take place this week for the World Tag Team Championship Belts. The footage ended with the final moments of Raw as we saw Damien stood in the ring along with Stephanie McMahon as he made the invitation for Stephanie to give birth to what he hoped would be the Anti-Christ which would bring down Armageddon upon the company, only for Triple H to spoil the party as we saw Shelton & Trish Stratus block 'The Gathering' from coming to Damien's aid as Triple H used his trusty sledgehammer to take out Damien and reunite with Stephanie McMahon once again as the clip finished with Damien laying out cold on the canvas, as Triple H and Stephanie McMahon stood astride him with their hands in the air.

OR: 59.9%

The music then hit and the credits rolled as we are Live in Missouri for Monday Night Raw as we were welcomed by our host for the show, Jonathan Coachman.

Coach: "Welcome to Raw and what will be the impact from last week? As you have just seen Triple H has reunited with Stephanie McMahon as he destroyed Damien inside the ring and left him there unconciouss, but we understand that Damien will be here this week and remember folks Triple H will be in action as he teams up with Shelton Benjamin to meet The Problem Solvers for the World Tag Team Titles, **suddenly the room darkens and the countdown begins** but it looks like we are gonna be joined out here by the man who will meet the World Heavyweight Champion in just a few weeks time!"

Torn Flesh?

As the countdown continued, it finally hit zero as the pyros exploded at the top of the ramp as the lights came up to reveal none other than Chris Jericho with his back turned to the fans before he whipped himself around and posed for the fans as he made his way slowly down the ramp stopping to show his muscles in his arms half way. He finally walked up the steel steps and climbed inside the ring as he walked over to take hold of a mic from Lillian Garcia.

Jericho: "Welcome to Raw is Jericho! **POP**. You know, its been a turbulent few months for Chris Jericho, you may remember a while back I actually lost my job from this company after I got screwed by that piece of garbage Shawn Michaels, **pop** well Shawn where are you now? Why your off claiming you have some little injury and are unable to compete, while I, the Ayatollah of the WWE is stood in this very ring, and about to face one of the most ferocious battles that Chris Jericho has ever had to face. In a few weeks time, on one of the most romantic days in history, I will be stepping inside this ring with none other than the man who was unleashed against my friend Christian, a man who is now claiming to be the World Heavyweight Champion, KANE! **HEAT** Well Kane, have I got some news for you, because last week not only did you hear Christian say he will be back, but I know that he will be back on the night I capture the World Heavyweight title off you at 'St Valentines Day Massacre' **POP** You think because you knocked Christian down thats the end of it? You think that I, being a fellow Canadian, will end up the same as Christian? Well think again Jackass, because I will do what he was unable to do when I beat you in the middle of this very ring. I have a message for you Kane and I think you'll want to hear this so I suggest you bring your dead carcass out here."

As Jericho waited in the ring, suddenly the red pyros exploded and out walked, behind Maria, with a purpose and with the title over his shoulder Kane as they walked down to the ring, with Maria in a tight leather dress and carrying the chain that was used to beat down Christian as they walked up the steps and climbed into the ring. Jericho walked away carefully making sure he wasnt gonna be jumped from behind as he stopped and looked at Kane and Maria.

Jericho: "When I told you to come out, I didnt expect you to bring the ho-bag as well. **Kane goes to attack but is held back by Maria** Whoa big man, Im only kidding. I wanted you out here because what I have is huge news about our match at St Valentines Day Massacre, and it's funny, because after I've finished with you that is exactly what it will be, a Massacre. The match is signed, sealed and delivered Kane. At the pay per view it will be you vs me for that World Heavyweight Championship title, and it will be fought inside.... a ring where the ropes will have BARBED WIRE wrapped around them!"

Coach: "WHAT... WHAT? You have to be kidding me, it will be Kane vs Chris Jericho inside of a barbed wire ring? That is suicide."

Kane smiles along with Maria at the thought of destruction he will be able to do with the barbed wire wrapped around the ropes. Chris Jericho stepped out the ring and made his way up the ramp looking down at his opponent as he stopped at the top of the ramp and looked at Kane before he spoke once more.

Jericho: "Oh, there's one more thing I forgot to tell you Kane. I know you have a little problem, **pop**, hey fans it's nothing to be ashamed of, after all who could get it up when your in bed with a hoooooo like Maria? **POP**. Anyway, its not that problem im talking about, the little problem is the phobia you seem to have, maybe you recall what happened to you quite a few years back? Do you remember a time when you faced your brother The Undertaker, Kane? Do you remember what happened to you, do you remember the heat, the burning sensation, the flesh being eaten off your arm? That's right Kane, while inside the ring that barbed wire will be tearing our flesh from our bodies, outside the ring will be ... A RING OF FIRE!!"

Kane looked shocked at this announcement and the remembering of his arm catching fire the last time he was involved in an Inferno match with his brother the Undertaker as he looked uncontrollable in the ring as Maria tried to calm him down.

Coach: "BAH GAWD, not only will it be a Barbed wire ring, but it will also be an Inferno of fire around the ringside, there will be no escape from inside the ring because if you do then you may just be burned alive! BAH GAWD WHAT NEXT?"

OR: 86.6%

[AD BREAKS]

Future Tag Team Champions?

As we return we see footage of what took place during the ad breaks as we saw the camera focused on the parking lot as a large black limo pulled up and out stepped none other than the newly formed 'D-Generation X' as out stepped Womens Champion Trish Stratus, Shelton Benjamin and Triple H along with Stephanie McMahon. They walked over to the doors as they stepped inside the arena.

OR: 76.4%

'The Great' Muhammad Hassan vs Val Venis

Val Venis was first out to a pop from the fans before the crowd turned on his opponent and an American hate figure as out walked in his trademark attire of a headcloth and long gown came 'The Great' Muhammad Hassan as he made his way to the ring.

Hassan was able to pick up the victory after he locked in his own version of a Camel Clutch on Val Venis who finally passed out as he failed to quit in this match up as the ref called for the bell and awarded the win to Hassan via a knockout.

Winners: 'The Great' Muhammad Hassan (Via knockout)

MR: 65.8%

MQ: 72.0%

OR: 67.2%

The Deal With The Devil?

After the match Val Venis was being helped backstage by the referee as Hassan took hold of a mic snatching it from Lillian Garcia who looked stunned at this angry superstar towards her.

Hassan: "Last week I made a deal, a deal that would send shockwaves throughout this company, a deal that would send all you Americans to the streets in protest like you peasants do when you dont agree with what really is the truth **HEAT** I want you all to hear the truth, the reality of what had to happen in this company. There was no more of holding me back, there was going to be no more of trying to force me to beg for title shots just because this country will not support my fellow Arab-Americans in their battle against Injustice. I did a deal with the man who not only brought superiority to this company, but also brought a new start to the way this company should move forward, and a part of this deal will start at St Valentines Day Massacre. Damien has asked me to take care of a problem, a problem with which he knows I am capable of dealing with and this problem is you.... CHRISTIAN. **pop** Last week you said you would return to this company to take back what you claim is righfully yours, and now earlier tonight we heard from Chris Jericho that you will be returning at St Valentines Day Massacre, well you come to it Christian, and you bring everything you have got because when you step into this arena you will see standing in your path the future of this company, ME!! I promise you this Christian that if you dare to show your face at the pay per view, then you will have to face me inside of this ring and I shall do what I have done to everyone who has stepped across my path, I will destroy them **heat**, just like I have done to Hulk Hogan, just like I did to Matt Hardy, so Christian bring your peeps with you because you are no match for the greatest Arab-American to ever step foot inside of the WWE. Which brings me to my reward, my reward for taking care of this problem for my good friend Damien. Once Christian has been dealt with, then Damien has promised me the biggest reward anyone could ever ask for. For I, 'THE GREAT' MUHAMMAD HASSAN will step foot inside the ring at Wrestlemania and will face the World Heavyweight Champion for the title inside of this very ring! ALLAH will bring down destruction upon whoever I shall face AT WRESTLEMANIA!!!"

Coach: "What a reward? What a man Hassan is, and what a deal he has done with Damien. 'The Great' Muhammad Hassan will be in the Main Event of Wrestlemania because he is the future of this business just like he says, its about time we had a new era, its about time we had a Champion we can actually look upto?"

Coach stands up and applauds Hassan for his comments he made as we head to a short break.

OR: 74.8%

[AD BREAKS]

The Briscoes vs Hurricane & Rosey

The Briscoes almost caused an upset but were unable to finally deal with the large size of Rosey who showed his athleticism as he threw one of them outside the ring over the top rope allowing Hurricane to hit a Shining Wizard on his brother and pick up the pinfall.

Winners: The Hurricane & Rosey (via Pinfall)

MR: 47.2%

MQ: 75.9%

OR: 64.2%

Chance For Glory?

Backstage we found the current Intercontinental Champion 'The Real Heartbreak Kid' Michael Shane walking down the corridor as he stopped to get a cup of water at the machine on a table when suddenly from behind a chair comes slamming down onto his back sending him crashing over the table as his title flew off away as Shane layed on the table before he slowly started to recover and turned around to get to his feet when another chair shot came crashing down upon his head as he fell backwards and onto the table out cold as the camera swung around to reveal the man who he beat just last week, Ansari alongside Ameera. Ansari stood there with a look of hatred in his eyes as he looked down upon his beaten challenger as he moved over and grabbed his head so he could look into his eyes.

Ansari: "Shane, listen to me. Last week you screwed me out of winning that title on behalf of the greatest and soon to be future WWE World Heavyweight Champion, 'The Great' Muhammad Hassan. Well next time there will be a different outcome, because I am challenging you Shane to a match at our next pay per view, 'St Valentines Day Massacre', I want that title back where it belongs, in our camp where we will show the world that Arab-Americans are the greatest and you stinking Americans are nothing more than garbage."

Ansari then hits some punches to Shane who has blood running down from the top of his head from the chair shot as Ansari is pulled away by Ameera as officials come running into view and push Ansari and Ameera away as one of the officials calls for a medic to come and check on Michael Shane as Ansari gives off a wicked smile for the damage he just caused."

OR: 70.2%

Main Event Tonight?

A video aired after the vicious assault backstage, as Coach hyped up tonights Main Event Tag Team Match between current World Tag Team Champions 'The Problem Solvers' against the newly reformed D-Generation X of Shelton Benjamin and Triple H.

OR: 57.6%

[AD BREAKS]

Matt Hardy & Robert Conway vs Garrison Cade & Simon Dean

An exciting match between these two tag teams was won by Matt Hardy who hit a flying legdrop off the top rope on Simon Dean who was placed in the middle of the ring as he hit it then covered for the three count and victory.

Winners: Matt Hardy & Robert Conway (via Pinfall)

MR: 68.2%

MQ: 76.3%

OR: 75.3%

The Arrival?

Backstage in the parking lot we found a large black limo pull down the ramp and park in its spot as the driver got out, walked around the side of the car and opened the door as out stepped 'The Master' Randy Orton with Stacy Keibler and finally the leader of the pack and Owner of the company himself Damien alongside Miss Jenna as they stood there before making their way through the parking lot towards the doors as they walked inside the arena with a purpose.

OR: 72.2%

WWE World Television Championship:

Rhyno vs Nick 'The Mercenary' Dinsmore

The vacant World Television Championship belt was on the line for this match as Rhyno started off well against Dinsmore showing some good strength and using his power to try and keep on top during the opening few minutes. It changed not long after though as Rhyno went for the Gore but it was too early in the match as Dinsmore moved out the way and Rhyno collided with the ring post which allowed Dinsmore to work on his injured arm for the next few minutes of the match.

Rhyno eventually powered his way back into the match though as he picked Dinsmore up carrying him as he ran and crashed Dinsmore's back into the corner before whipping him to the other corner and this time following it up with a Gore as Rhyno hit Dinsmore in the turnbuckle. With Dinsmore down he resorted to pulling out some brass knuckles from inside his tights he had hidden away as he got to his feet and went to attack Rhyno who was facing the other way, but as Rhyno turned around he saw him coming and ducked down sending Dinsmore into a backdrop as the brass knuckles fell off his hand and away as Rhyno walked over and picked them up.

Rhyno placed them on his hand as he pulled his hand back ready to strike, but unfortunately the ref saw this happening and stopped it as he grabbed his hand and pulled the brass knuckles off him indicating he would be disqualified if he had used them as the ref walked over to the corner to hand the foreign object to Lillian on the outside, but he was unaware of what was happening in the ring as Dinsmore reached over to his corner where his favoured shock stick was placed as he grabbed it and sent a shock through Rhyno's body as he walked over towards him as Rhyno flew back and was left shaking in the middle of the ring from the experience as Dinsmore made his way over after putting the item back in the corner with the crowd showing some heat towards this cheating way as he covered Rhyno and the ref turned to make the count and the hit of the mat three seconds later and we had a new World Television Champion as the referee raised Nick Dinsmore's hand in victory as he got handed the title and crawled out the ring before grabbing his illegal weapon he used in the match and made his way up the ramp clutching onto this newly won title he knew he would win.

Winners: Nick 'The Mercenary' Dinsmore (via Pinfall)

MR: 68.6%

MQ: 76.0%

OR: 78.7%

Are You Ready?

Backstage in the corridor we found Todd Grisham standing by as he awaited the arrival of D-Generation X who came out of their locker room as out stepped Triple H, Shelton Benjamin and Trish Stratus along with newly welcomed member Stephanie McMahon who still looked a little shaken after last weeks incident. Grisham stopped Triple H as they headed towards the ring.

Grisham: "Triple H, can I get a few words, we have received word that The Gathering along with Damien have arrived at the arena tonight, are you worried?"

HHH: "Worried? Your kidding right, your talking to the Cerebral Assasin here, the man who last week took the fight to Damien and his gang of Addams Family wannabees, I wasnt gonna stand by and let Damien get away with his sick ideas, he may have destroyed Vince McMahon, he may have destroyed Shane McMahon but he has never faced Triple H inside of that ring and there's one thing he needs to learn, and that no one gets the edge on the Game, not even him!"

Grisham: "Well we saw last week that you trapped Randy Orton, Kane and the other members inside the locker room but tonight aren't you afraid he will interfere in your match?"

HHH: "Look Todd, if thats your real name, tonight we are focusing on just one thing, and thats to capture the World Tag Team Championship belts off The Problem Solvers, now if Damien and his little groupies want to come out and spoil the party then let them try, we are ready for anyone, anytime, anyplace. But Damien, if you are watching, remember this, Ive destroyed The Rock, I destroyed Stone Cold Steve Austin and I even destroyed The Undertaker, you say your the baddest man on the planet, you say your the future of this company well why don't you try and prove it!"

D-Generation X walk off leaving Todd Grisham stood there holding the mic as we headed to a break.

OR: 78.5%

[AD BREAKS]

Next Week?

A promo was aired next hyped up by Coach as he announced that there would be a Diva Battle Royal to announce the new Number #1 Contender to face Trish Stratus at 'St Valentines Day Massacre'.

OR: 72.2%

WWE World Tag Team Championship:

The Problem Solvers © vs D-Generation X

The fans popped for both teams as out first came the World Tag Team Champions in their trademark entrance and attire as they made their way down to the ring and climbed inside posing with their titles they have succesfully defended now for several months against all oncomers. Then it popped again as the music hit the arena and out walked the team of D-Generation X as out walked Triple H and Shelton Benjamin accompanied by Women's Champion Trish Stratus and Stephanie McMahon who still looked nervous being out there as they posed at the top doing the trademark crotch chop all together before walking down to the ring as Lillian made the announcement of the match before Trish and Stephanie moved to the outside for the match to begin.

The Problem Solvers started the match well as Batista and Triple H began with the crowd popping for these two former best friends. Batista used his strength and power to overthrow Triple H each time he began a move as he got annoyed at losing the match so early on, before a tag to Shelton Benjamin was made as he came in while Batista tagged in Tyson Tomko as the two other superstars locked up.

Shelton used some fast moves to try and outwit Tomko as he somersaulted over the arm in style before he signalled to the crowd of using his brains before he turned around to be met by a hard clothesline taking him down. This was followed by another as Tyson took control of the match and started to destroy Shelton before Triple H came in the ring only to be met by Batista as they doubled up on their opponents and threw to the ropes as Triple H and Shelton grabbed the top rope so they wouldnt bounce back only for Tomko and Batista to run and clothesline both of them over the top rope to a nice pop from the fans as Triple H and Shelton Benjamin laid on the outside being helped by Trish and Stephanie as we headed to a small commercial.

[AD BREAKS]

As we returned we found Triple H in control in the ring against Tomko as he held him down with an arm bar, as Tomko slowly started to get back to his feet but a whip to the ropes was met by the trademark knee lift by Triple H as Tomko collapsed to the mat with Triple H making the tag to Shelton who climbed the turnbuckle and came off with a flying splash on Tomko before getting to his feet and smiling, while taunting Batista to get in the match. Batista took the bait though as he climbed through the ropes and the referee rushed over to stop him as Triple H climbed back in and they double teamed against Tomko as they sent him crashing to the outside.

As Triple H and Shelton teased Batista what they didnt see was Kane and Randy Orton make their way down the ramp as they took a hold of Tyson Tomko and threw him hard into the steel steps as the ref turned around to see what was happening and asked for the bell to be rang as he disqualified D-Generation X for the outside interference which upset the fans.

Triple H and Shelton turned to see what was happening as they moved over to inform Trish and Stephanie to keep back as Batista had seen enough, he jumped out the ring and ran around after the two superstars who had attacked his partner but all he met was a hard boot to the face from Kane as he came running around the corner and ducked under Ortons clothesline. Batista was down as Kane and Orton picked him up and threw him clean over the barrier into the crowd, before doing the same with Tyson Tomko.

Winners: The Problem Solvers (via DQ after outside interference)

MR: 76.8%

MQ: 71.6%

OR: 78.5%

Brawl-For-All?

As The Problem Solvers were thrown out of the way, Kane and Orton looked on at Triple H and Shelton Benjamin inside the ring as out walked Damien carrying a mic.

Damien: "Hunter, last week you made the biggest mistake of your life when you interfered in my plans. Now you will pay the price as well as all of your friends, this will be crowning moment in my history when I make you get down on your knees and beg for your life at my feet!"

Suddenly Kane and Orton jumped into the ring as an all out brawl started up with Triple H and Kane battling it out, while Orton took the fight to Shelton Benjamin. The brawl continued inside the ring as Stephanie and Trish stood on the outside hoping their men could get the better of the team but they weren't doing that well as Kane was beating down Triple H into the mat as Orton out of nowhere suddenly hit an RKO on Shelton Benjamin which caused him to crash down and roll out the ring.

This was now gonna be a two on one brutal assault as Kane picked up Triple H by the throat and he hit a vicious chokeslam on him as he crashed down to the mat, while Damien was making his way down the ramp and he climbed the steps to get inside the ring still holding onto the mic. Damien then demanded they take Triple H and force him to get down and beg at his feet as they took him ready to fulfill Damien's promise he just made.

What Kane and Orton didnt see was what happened behind them as out came running Chris Jericho, challenger for the World Heavyweight Championship title, as he ran down to the ring carrying a steel chair as he slid under the ropes with Damien seeing what was about to happen as he ducked out the way and through the ropes to escape as Jericho smashed the chair against Randy Orton who fell to the mat as Kane dropped Triple H as he turned around with Chris Jericho bringing the chair smashing down onto Kane's head as he collapsed down like a tree falling down and rolling out the ring as Jericho smashed the chair with a follow up into the mat just missing Kane and Orton as Triple H was recovering back to his feet, while Trish and Stephanie ran into the ring along with Shelton as Trish handed over the sledgehammer for Triple H who looked at it and then taunted Kane, Orton and Damien to climb back inside and bring the war inside the ring but Damien pulled his two men away as he brought Kane and Orton back as they walked to the top of the ramp with Damien looking furious as well as Orton and Kane at being attacked from behind by Chris Jericho.

OR: 73.2%

Huge Match Announced?

As Triple H with his sledgehammer stood in the ring with fellow D-Generation X members and Chris Jericho, Damien stood looking down at his new enemy as he brought the mic to his mouth and got ready to speak.

Damien: "Once again you don't seem to understand your role in this Triple H, you will get down and beg at my feet if it is the last thing you do. As for you Jericho, at St Valentines Day Massacre, my Monster, My Beast Kane will destroy you and you will end up just like Christian, in a hospital, OR... A MORGUE!! But for you Trish, next week you will find out who you will be facing at St Valentines Day Massacre when several divas will battle it out in a Battle Royal, but your time is about to come to an end just like your friends, because I guarantee this, your match against whoever wins... for the first time ever in the WWE... A FIRST BLOOD WOMENS MATCH!!"

Trish looked shocked at this annoucement and having to defend her title in the first ever Womens First Blood match at the next pay per view, but she was being hyped up to say she could do this by Triple H and Shelton.

Damien: "As for you Hunter and you Shelton, you brought your destruction down upon yourselves. You wanted a WAR.... YOU WANTED WAR... YOU HAVE IT. At St Valentines Day Massacre there will be a war.... where it will be 'The Master' Randy Orton with Stacy Keibler alongside me, Damien, inside of one ring, while in a different ring will be you Triple H, you Shelton Benjamin... and that bitch of your new friend Stephanie McMahon. They will be 3 rings, and each one will be surrounded by a steel cage.... YOU WANTED WAR HUNTER.... THEN I GIVE TO YOU... WAR GAMES......!!!!"

OR: 98.9%

Coach: "BAH GAWD.... IT WILL BE A WAR AT ST VALENTINES DAY MASSACRE, BAH GAWD WILL D-GENERATION X BE ABLE TO SURVIVE THE HELL OF WAR GAMES?"

The show ended with Damien smiling down at his opponent in a few weeks time alongside Randy Orton as Stephanie McMahon looked shocked and scared at being placed inside this War Games ring as Triple H still tried to get Kane and Orton to step back into the ring but without being able to do so as the show ended with a focus on Stephanie McMahon who was almost close to tears as she shook in the ring holding her hand over her face shaking with fright as the programme ended.

Overall Rating: 62.6%

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWE RAW NEWS HEADLINES:

Rhyno Leaves WWE!

IPB Image

WWE Raw have announced that Rhyno has parted company after his contract ran out this past Tuesday night. Rhyno, who was considered underused by many fans, felt he needed a fresh start and has signed to work with NJPW. WWE Raw wishes Rhyno all the best in his future career.

Raw Gets New Announcer?

IPB Image

WWE Raw announced while one superstar left, they have hired former Smackdown announcer Michael Cole who's contract ran out on the rival brand. Cole is expected to start work immediately on Raw this week co-hosting with Jonathan Coachman.

WWE St Valentines Day Massacre:

IPB Image

WWE have already announced 'St Valentines Day Massacre' pay-per view on Tuesday 14th February, and this past Monday on Raw several matches were already announced. The Main Event will be the current World Heavyweight Champion Kane facing off against Chris Jericho in a 'Inferno/Barbed Wire' Match. This is expected to be bloody and brutal which will feature barbed wire wrapped around the ring ropes, plus a ring of fire expected to be set around the outside of the ring.

The other huge match announced will feature D-Generation X (Triple H, Shelton Benjamin & Stephanie McMahon) facing The Gathering ('The Master' Randy Orton, Stacy Keibler & Damien) in a 6-Person Inter-Gender Match. The match will be fought inside what was once known in WCW as 'War Games', but expect WWE to make some changes as they often do to fit their own style and match.

While DX battles The Gathering, DX member and Women's Champion Trish Stratus will have her work cut out in the first ever 'Womens Championship First Blood Match'. Trish is expected to find out who her opponent is this Monday night as the other Divas take part in a Battle Royal for the Number #1 Contendership.

WWE Intercontinental Champion 'The Real Heartbreak Kid' Michael Shane is expected to defend his title against Number #1 Contender Ansari after the attack and challenge to the champion last monday night on Raw. With the way the matches are being announced expect what type of match this will be to take place on Monday Night Raw.

Also, Nick 'The Mercenary' Dinsmore is expected to defend his newly won World Television Championship title he won last week at the pay-per-view, while current World Tag Team Champions 'The Problem Solvers' are expected to defend their tag titles on the night, with rumours going around that the tag team titles will be defended in a specially designed house set which will take place outside the arena.

• 2 weeks later...

IPB Image

Live from Alabama

January 16th 2006

First Blood Contender?

Last week, Damien announced that at St Valentines Day Massacre, the current Womens Champion Trish Stratus will take part in the first ever First Blood Womens Title match, but who will she face? Tonight on Raw she will discover who she will meet on February 14th as Four Divas battle it out in a Fatal Four Way. Miss Jenna, Ameera, Victoria and former Womens Champion Lita will be taking part in this Number #1 Contenders Match.

War Games?

Damien announced after Chris Jericho helped D-Generation X last week against his team of the Gathering's attempted sneak attack that at the pay per view DX will face off against The Gathering in a 'War Games' match. Just what does this match entail and will Stephanie be happy about her part in this match. It has been finalised though that the match will be a Six Person Inter-Gender match with D-Generation X containing Triple H, Shelton Benjamin and Stephanie McMahon, while The Gathering will have 'The Master' Randy Orton with Stacy Keibler alongside Owner of the company Damien. Chris Jericho also announced that his title match at the Pay Per View will be an Inferno/Barbed Wire Match which seems to have caused unrest with Kane who has been in an Inferno Match before and got burnt. Damien has already announced a huge 8 Person Inter-Gender Match for tonight as all members face off inside the ring, but can DX once again show Damien up or will The Gathering be able to stop D-Generation X?

Tag Team Turmoil!

This week on Raw two teams will face off in a Number #1 Contenders Tag Team match with the winners meeting the current champions, 'The Problem Solvers' at St Valentines Day Massacre. Will The Revolutionary Matt Hardy & Robert Conway be able to take that step towards the titles or can Simon Dean come up with a System along with Garrison Cade to be able to stop The Revolution?

Non-Title Champions Match!

This week two Champions will face each other as current 'World Television Champion' Nick Dinsmore will square off against the current 'Intercontinental Champion' Michael Shane. Is Shane ready for this match after the vicious attack by Ansari last week backstage when a challenge was made at the Pay Per View for a chance to regain the title in the hands back to the Arab-Americans?

A Canadian Broadcast!

'The Great' Muhammad Hassan who last week announced that he would be taking part at Wrestlemania in the Main Event after a special deal signed with Damien where he will face the World Heavyweight Champion at that time, has announced that this week on Raw, after his match with former colleague and friend Daivari in which he hopes to win, Hassan has a message for Christian who is still recovering at home after the brutal assault he went through against Kane where he lost his title controversially. With Hassan promising to take care of Christian at the next Pay Per View if he turns up, what will Hassan have to say about his opponent?

All this, plus more news on what is planned for the WWE's biggest and most brutal Pay Per View to ever be put on, 'St Valentines Day Massacre' on Tuesday 14th February, so join Coach and his new co-host Michael Cole live on Monday Night Raw.

Confirmed Matches:

Number #1 Contenders Womens Fatal Four Way Match:

Miss Jenna vs Victoria vs Ameera vs Lita

'The Great' Muhammad Hassan vs Daivari

Number #1 Contenders Tag Team Match:

Robert Conway & Matt Hardy vs Garrison Cade & Simon Dean

Non-Title Match:

Nick 'The Mercenary' Dinsmore vs 'The Real Heartbreak Kid' Michael Shane

8 Person Inter-Gender Tag Team Match:

D-Generation X (Triple H, Shelton Benjamin, Stephanie McMahon) & Chris Jericho vs The Gathering (Kane, Randy Orton, Stacy Keibler & Damien)

• 4 weeks later...

rawbanner.gif

Live From Alabama

Monday 16th January 2006

Attendance: 2,616

TV Audience: 433,867 viewers (down by 413,770 due to Smackdown PPV On Same Night)

The opening music credits started as we are Live from Alabama for Monday Night Raw as the camera panned the audience picking up signs in the crowd before we are joined on commentary by Jonathan Coachman and his new co-host Michael Cole.

Coach: "Welcome to Monday Night Raw folks, and what a night we have planned for you but first let me introduce to you my companion, my co-host i guess you could call him but i didnt see why we needed one when I was doing such a great job, but anyway welcome the man who will now be at my side and if he does ok I may just let him speak sometimes, Michael Cole!"

Cole "Thanks Coach for that great inroduction I think, but I am delighted to be here for my first ever hosting of Monday Night Raw and like Coach promised we have an action packed show for you tonight. Tonight we will find out just who will meet Batista and Tyson Tomko also known as 'The Problem Solvers' who are the current World Tag Team Champions at St Valentines Day Massacre as Simon Dean teams up with Garrison Cade to face off against 'The Revolutionary' Matt Hardy and Robert Conway."

Coach: "Thats right Cole, but also tonight Michael Shane will be going one on one with the World Television Champion Nick 'The Mercenary' Dinsmore in a non-title match and after Shane was savagely attacked last week by Ansari will he be able to overcome one of the newest dangerous men on Raw?"

Cole: "He certainly is Coach, but get this everyone, it has been announced last night that tonight we have a HUGE Main Event as D-Generation X will be teaming up with the Number #1 Contender for the World Heavyweight Championship title Chris Jericho as they go into battle with 'The Gathering' with Damien, Randy Orton, the World Champion Kane and Stacy Keibler in an 8 Person Inter-Gender Tag Team match. I can't wait for that Coach."

Coach: "Neither can I, and especially after last week when Jericho helped DX even the odds over Orton and Kane this is gonna be interesting tonight."

Womens Champion Talent Check-Out

As Coach finished speaking the lights dimmed down and the laughter echoed around the arena as the music hit the fans 'Its Time To Rock'N'Roll' as out walked carrying her WWE Womens Championship Belt walked Trish Stratus as she stood at the top posing with her title before making her way down the ramp and walking around the ring towards the Announcers table as she was met by Coach almost worshipping her coming out to sit with them as Cole shook his head in disbelief while Trish put on her headphones and sat down next to Coach to commentate on the opening match of the night."

Coach: "Welcome to the announce table Trish and let me say what a pleasure it is to have some real class sitting beside me, when all I usually get is riff-raff."

Trish: "Why thank you Coach, I just thought I'd come out and watch the opening match to see who I will be facing at St Valentines Day Massacre for my Womens Title, of which I have to say no one has beaten me for it yet."

Coach: "And may I say no one ever will, after all you are the greatest Womens Champion in the history of this business"

Cole: "Oh please, Coach why dont you just get down and kiss her ass while your at it."

Coach: "Listen Michael, I know you don't come from a top show like Raw is now, but you need to step up your game if you wanna be around here for a while, or just a word from me and you may end up back where you were on the B Show."

Cole: "At least Tazz actually made some sense Coach. But anyway, Trish welcome and the question has to be asked, are you scared of your match at St Valentines Day Massacre, after all you will be involved in the first ever 'First Blood' womens match?"

Trish: "Me scared, you do know who I am right Cole, Im not some second rate ho like you used to get on Smackdown, I am the Seven Times Womens Champion, Im the greatest Women to ever step foot in that ring so no, Im not afraid of that match and I dont mind who I will face because I know this belt wont be going anywhere but around my pretty little hips where it will stay for a long, long time."

OR: 84.1%

4 Way Diva Match:

Miss Jenna vs Lita vs Victoria vs Ameera

The opening match featured 4 of the Divas of the WWE as the first pinfall would be the Number #1 Contender to face Trish at the next pay per view.

Lita immediately went after Ameera after their small feud in the past which neither had forgotten about, while Victoria tried to take the easy road as she attacked Miss Jenna and almost got a pin but for Ameera seeing the cover and removing her off top in time. Victoria and Ameera then went face to face with a few pushes on each, before Lita hit a Twist of Fate on Miss Jenna behind them and made a cover, only for Victoria and Ameera to turn around and stop the count.

Miss Jenna got thown to the outside as all three divas then just attacked each other, before Ameera got taken out of the game by Victoria by being thrown out of the ring and landing badly on the outside. Lita made an attack from behind and was able to hit a DDT on Victoria but instead of going for the cover, Lita climbed up to the top rope and was going to go for a Lita-sault but as she stood on the top Trish Stratus at ringside with the commentators stood up and moved around to shout abuse at Lita which distracted her. This allowed Victoria to get back to her feet and come behind Lita who had climbed down a step from the ropes and Victoria grabbed Lita between the legs and pulled her back as Lita crashed to the mat and Victoria made the cover and put her feet on the ropes as the ref didnt see and made the vital three count as Victoria rolled out under the ring and away to safety as Lita argued with the ref for what happened but he didnt want anything of it as Trish casually made her way into the ring and started posing with her title which upset Lita who went face to face with the Women's Champion.

The two stood face to face in the ring before a struggle then broke out as both went at it with fists to the face before officials came running down to try and seperate them which they eventually did but it was Victoria who got the pinfall in this match and got to face Trish at the Pay Per View for the Women's Championship as we headed to a break with the divas being seperated.

Winners: Victoria

MR: 70.9%

MQ: 54.3%

OR: 65.3%

[AD BREAKS]

Main Event Tonight

A video aired showing moments over the past couple of weeks of the disruption D-Generation X has caused upon Damien and 'The Gathering' in their plans as the final showed a promo of the 8 Person Inter-Gender Match to take place tonight hyped up more by Coach.

OR: 56.6%

War Games

After the video finished, the lights dimmed down and out walked on his own the current owner of the company, Damien dressed in his long black robe placed down over his face as he made his way slowly down towards the ring as the dark overtones of the music echoed around the arena before he climbed inside and moved over to take hold of a mic as he removed his hood to show his scarred face still.

Damien: "Last week, D-Generation X and that bitch Stephanie McMahon tried once again to cause disruption in the camp of the Gathering. But, the surprise was on you Hunter, and you Steph and all of your friends as I announced that at our next Pay Per View, St Valentines Day Massacre, they're will be a 6 Person Inter-Gender Match taking place as we will finally see the beginning of the end of D-Generation X **Heat**. This will be like no other match seen in the WWE, for this match will be taking place inside not one, not two, BUT THREE steel cages. You have brought this upon yourself and your friends Hunter, you brought the battle to me and yet you have seen the power I hold and the destruction that has happened in the past. Many people have fell at my knees and begged for their lives, many people have seen their lives drift away from them as their bodies turn to ashes and slowly float away in the blowing breeze. I do not give Mercy to those who stand in my way as I have shown in the most powerful family that ever stepped foot inside this wrestling ring. One by one I picked them off, one by one they fell at my feet, Vincent Kennedy McMahon, father, husband, powerful and yet he fell at my feet begging for his life, begging for forgiveness but I cannot forgive what has happened in the past. He destroyed a part of my life that I shall never be able to recover, and so like an insect crawling through my hands I crushed him and brought him down showing no Mercy as he lies in his bed at night, strapped down, my voice echoing through his mind of the way he had treated me in the past, the sound of silence shall be his only comfort as he waits and waits but no one shall ever come to his rescue. Just like Linda McMahon, wife and mother, once a powerful woman and just like her husband she is now a crushed woman who cannot come to terms with her loss. She too was shown the pain and fear that you all will come to bear witness when you step in front of me. Then there is Shane McMahon, son to the throne, brother to a dear sister and yet at this very moment he is lying in a hospital bed unable to move, sipping water through a straw due to what actions I felt needed to be taken. Now we have come to the precious one, the person who could have shed light upon this darkness, the woman who could have helped ease the pain for her family but yet she does not care about anyone's well-being but her own. Stephanie McMahon was to have given birth to my child, the child that would help ease my pain and yet she declined that invitation to become a mother and a rightfull heir at my side of the company. Now Stephanie, just like your new found friends Triple H and Shelton Benjamin, you will all step foot inside this structure, inside this forbidden fortress and none of you will survive the nightmares. The night will become to be known as the 14th February, what was once a night for Love, a night for forgiveness and passion shall now be known as a night of Terror. A night when blood will pour and flesh will tear, a night when they're will indeed be a massacre, and it will involve D-Generation X and Stephanie McMahon. For on this night all of us will step foot into this forbidden zone as each team will be placed at either end of the 3 steel cages, and one by one a member will be unleashed to cause destruction on their counter-parts. The night will open with 2 men stepping foot inside the middle cage, as Shelton Benjamin and my friend, 'The Master' Randy Orton will start the match and thereafter every 5 minutes a door will be unlocked for one man or woman to take their rightfull place inside of Hell. Hell has been unleashed upon this earth, and it shall be unleashed upon you Hunter and Stephanie. May your God give you mercy upon that night because I shall not. You asked for this Hunter, you interefered for the final time in my plans, my future life and you asked for a war, well now I shall give to you.... WAR GAMES"

The lights dimmed down as the music started once again around the arena as Damien dropped the mic to the floor inside the ring and replaced his hood of his cloak over his face as he made his way out of the ring, down the steps and walked up the ramp as we headed to another break.

OR: 93.3%

[AD BREAK]

Number #1 Contenders Tag Team Match:

'The Revolutionary' Matt Hardy & Robert Conway vs Simon Dean & Garrison Cade

The team of Dean and Cade were out first during the break awaiting their opponents as the music hit around the arena to a good pop from the fans and out walked Matt Hardy and Robert Conway as they made their way to the ring and the bell rang to start the match.

Hardy and Conway battled in a good match that the fans really got into, with Cade and Dean getting some good heat from the fans. It was all down to Hardy though as he was able to pick up a pinfall with a roll up from behind on Simon Dean as they go through to meet The Problem Solvers at the Pay Per View as Conway and Hardy celebrated.

Winners: Matt Hardy & Robert Conway

MR: 68.9%

MQ: 75.6%

OR: 75.0%

Eye Spy

As the match was over, with Hardy and Conway celebrating inside the ring, the camera went backstage as we saw the current World Tag Team Champions Batista and Tyson Tomko 'aka the Problem Solvers' watching a TV monitor of the match to see who they would face at the pay per view. Batista turned to Tyson and nodded slightly as they both walked out of view and looked like to be heading towards the ring area.

OR: 74.0%

House Of Fun?

As Hardy and Conway celebrated in the ring still, the hard hitting music hit the arena as the fans popped and out walked to a huge pop came the current World Tag Team Champions 'The Problem Solvers' of Batista and Tyson Tomko as they posed at the top of the ramp for a moment holding their titles before slowly making their way down to the ring and pointing to Hardy and Conway stood inside that ring before climbing inside as Batista grabbed a mic from Lillian at ringside while Hardy and Conway stood almost face to face with the champions.

Batista: "Congratulations Matt, Rob. You have both finally earned the chance to face us, The Problem Solvers at St Valentines Day Massacre. Now I don't think I need to remind you that you don't really have a chance of winning, do I? **Hardy and Conway looked shocked at this statement knowing anyone can win at any time** I mean come on, we are the World Tag Team Champions, we have held these title for months and no one, not any tag team has even come close to taking these belts off us, so what makes you two any different?"

Hardy: "Well for one, we aren't two jumped up jackasses who seem to think theyre bigger than everyone else on Raw. You dont understand do you guys, you see we arent like any other tag team you have faced, we are The Revolution, we're the future of this business while you two, your just a bunch of has-beens who after the pay per view will be walking around without those titles around your waist."

Batista and Tyson smiled for a moment, before all hell broke loose as they suddenly attacked Hardy and Conway as all four men started brawling inside the ring as they fell to the matt punching each other and attacking the challengers as officials came running down the ring and slid inside as they struggled to break up all four men as we headed to a break as the four superstars were being held apart.

OR: 70.0%

[AD BREAKS]

'The Great' Muhammad Hassan vs Daivari

'The Great' Muhammad Hassan was able to pick up an easy win against fans favourite lately Daivari against his former mentor. Hassan made Daivari tap out to his own version of the Camel Clutch before he destroyed Daivari even more and then tossed him over the top rope as the ref went to check on him.

Winners: 'The Great' Muhammad Hassan

MR: 54.9%

MQ: 66.2%

OR: 53.8%

Canadian Bacon?

After the brutal assault on his former friend, 'The Great' Muhammad Hassan took a hold of a mic from Lillian Garcia as the referee helped Daivari out the ring and up the ramp while Hassan got ready with some comments.

Hassan: "Once again, 'The Great' One has just showed you what happens when you step into the ring. Daivari was just an example of what will happen to you Christian if you dare to show up at St Valentines Day Massacre. But I say, let's not wait until the Pay Per View, why don't we get it on next week, in fact, why don't I prove to all these stinking Americans and more likely your own Canadian fans next week Live on Raw, because I am challenging you Christian to turn up and face me inside this ring, not for a match, but for you to get down on your knees and worship a real wrestling genius inside this ring, to get down and worship at my feet and know that I am, and I shall always be... 'THE GREAT' Muhammad Hassan, 'allah be thy name'"

Hassan throws the mic down as he poses with his arms raised at his side before he slowly makes his way out of the ring as we head to another break.

OR: 72.3%

[AD BREAKS]

'The Real Heartbreak Kid' Michael Shane vs Nick 'The Mercenary' Dinsmore

The match was quite entertaining with Shane going all out to give Dinsmore his first defeat by pinfall but was unable to find the opportunity to hit the Sweet Chin Music. Dinsmore meanwhile used every cheat in the book to try and get an easy pinfall over his opponent, and it was Dinsmore who while Shane was down on the mat moved over to take hold of his shock stick he brings to the ring and went to attack Shane but for the ref to put a stop to it in time as Dinsmore complained as they both held onto the weapon, Shane rolled to the outside and grabbed a hold of his Intercontinental Title and slid back in the ring as he went to attack Dinsmore who saw it coming and jumped out of the ring with his shock stick and walked away as the referee got Shane to throw the belt away and started a count but Dinsmore had enough as he made his way up the ramp towards the exit.

Winners: 'The Real Heartbreak Kid' Michael Shane

MR: 56.3%

MQ: 80.8%

OR: 69.4%

The Perfect Match?

After the match and with Dinsmore running out on his match and losing by countout, Ansari saw an opportunity and ran in from behind Shane who was looking up at his opponent walking up the ramp and backstage. Ansari jumped Shane from behind with an arm to the back of the body as Shane got knocked against the ropes, as Ansari gave a few more shots to the face of Shane stunning the Intercontinental Champion before he grabbed his arm and whipped him to the other set of the ropes as Shane bounced off and Ansari came towards him only for Shane to jump and fly through the air with a shoulder block taking down Ansari who dropped to the mat alongside Shane, as both men stayed down on the mat, but it wasnt long before Shane jumped up to his two feet (ala Shawn Michaels) and danced around the ring calling for the fans reaction as they popped at this move. Shane then moved over to the corner and started to play the band as he banged his foot against the mat as Ansari struggled to get to his feet as he finally did and turned around to be met by Michael Shane's version of the 'Sweet Chin Music' as it connected and Ansari dropped down like a tree trunk flat on his back as Shane moved over asking for a mic as he picked one up and walked over to Ansari and bent over looking down on an unconciouss challenger at the pay per view as he got ready to speak.

Shane: "Hey, Ansari, hey kid, last week you jumped me from behind and that won't ever happen again, but I do remember what you said last week after you brutally attacked me. You challenged me to a match at St Valentines Day Massacre, well I accept your challenge **POP** and just to make things a bit more interesting, let's say we make this match.... A LAST MAN STANDING MATCH!" **POP**

Shane dropped the mic and gave a wry smile at his future opponent being knocked out as he jumped up onto the ropes and posed for the fans with his Intercontinental Title as an official came down to check on Ansari still unable to move in the ring.

OR: 76.3%

D-Generation X Prepared?

Backstage we caught up with Todd Grisham who was standing by with D-Generation X and Chris Jericho who were about to go out for the Main Event match next.

Todd: "Guys, coming up next you have a Tag Team Inter-Gender match against The Gathering and in particular Triple H your chance to once again upset Damien?"

HHH: "Thats right Todd, Damien last week tried to get his guys to jump us when we weren't prepared, but thanks to this guy right here **taps Chris Jericho on the shoulder** he helped make up the numbers and once again we caused an upset for Damien, and Im sure right now hes backstage in his little room enjoying having 'personal time' with his little buddies. But I heard what he said earlier, about this 'War Games' match hes designed for us, hey, I dont care about being involved in 3 steel cages, thats what i do best in destroying my opponents, but as for one person, you see Stephanie here **puts his arm around Stephanie**, she shouldn't even be involved in this match but he seems to enjoy wanting to cause more problems for Stephanie and the McMahon family, but he never counted on The Game. You may have taken out Vince and Linda, and you may have had your friend, the so called 'Master' Randy Orton destroy Shane McMahon, but I can guarantee one thing, there's no way you will get your hands on Stephanie, because to get to her you have to go through not only me, but every member of D-Generation X"

Triple H walks off with Stephanie and Shelton with Trish, while Jericho stays behind for a moment.

Todd: "Chris, tonight you get a chance to put your hands on your opponent at St Valentines Day Massacre, Kane. But what the fans want to know is, when did you come up with challenging him to a Inferno/Barbed Wire match?"

Jericho: "It's quite simple Toddy boy, you see I remember quite a few years back now when we had the very first Inferno match in the WWE, it was a match between Kane and his brother The Undertaker, and do you remember what happened in that match? If you don't recall let me remind you, you see Kane was set alight, his flesh got burnt and he had to rush backstage to help extinguish himself, now we don't know how he put that fire out on his arm but all I can say in confidence is, there was a certain urinal smell around him after I saw him backstage. **pop** As for the Barbed Wire, I saw what he did to Christian and how he brutally assaulted him with that chain, so I thought, hell, why not go all out, this is supposed to be a Pay Per View, this was supposed to be 'St Valentines Day Massacre', you hear that very important word there, 'MASSACRE', now whats a massacre without some blood pouring, whats a massacre without some flesh being torn from your body? I am so ready for this match Toddy boy, because I know unlike Kane and that trollop of a girlfriend he staggers around with, there will only be one man walking out of that match, and it will be... THE AYATOLLAH OF ROCK'N'ROLLA...."

Todd: "You mean Elvis?"

Jericho looks at Todd Grisham in disbelief.

Jericho: "Elvis, ELVIS. What are you on Toddy boy, im talking about me.... JACKASS!"

Jericho walks off leaving Todd looking embarrassed a bit at his Elvis comment as we headed to our last break.

OR: 76.8%

[AD BREAKS]

4 vs 4 Tag Team Inter-Gender Match:

D-Generation X (HHH, Shelton & Stephanie McMahon) & Chris Jericho vs

The Gathering (Damien, Kane, Randy Orton & Stacy Keibler)

The Main Event kicked off with D-Generation X coming out first to their trademark music as they posed at the top of the ramp doing their new version of the 'Suck It Bitch' pose before they walked down to the ring and climbed inside, with Trish Stratus trying to comfort Stephanie who was still feeling uncomfortable at being in this match. Suddenly the lights dimmed and the countdown on the titantron began as it hit zero and the pyros exploded as out stood at the top of the ramp came their tag team partner, Chris Jericho as he turned and started to walk down the ramp towards the ring before climbing inside and getting prepared for this huge match up.

After a moment the mood changed as boo's echoed around the arena as the deadly music hit and out walked being led by their leader of the stable, Damien, walked 'The Master' Randy Orton along with their tag team partner 'The Mistress of Darkness' Stacy Keibler as well as the current World Heavyweight Champion Kane along with his girlfriend Maria in a tight leather dress as they walked down to the ring and climbed inside as they got ready for the match to begin.

It started with Triple H and Randy Orton to a nice pop from the fans opening with two big superstars as Orton took the early control before Triple H came back and made some quick tags to his team while keeping ahead of Orton before a mistake by Jericho allowed Orton to make a tag to Kane who climbed in and the two men who would meet each other in a few weeks came clashing in the ring.

After a while all hell broke loose in the ring as all the superstars clashed inside as Kane and Jericho took their fight to the outside and over the barrier into the crowd, as Orton and Shelton took their fight to the outside fighting up the ramp which allowed Triple H to go face to face with Damien as they battled inside the ring with Triple H taking the advantage, while Stacy Keibler jumped in to go and help protect the leader of the Gathering but was unaware of Stephanie McMahon who had jumped inside and ran to take Stacy down with a good spear of her own as Stacy crashed to the mat before Stephanie jumped on top and started to bang Stacy's head against the mat as Damien poked Triple H in the eyes and then hit a low blow behind the ref's back before he walked over and grabbed Stephanie by the hair. He pulled Stephanie up as he turned her around to look face to face with 'the bitch' as he called her now and pointed in her face claiming he is gonna enjoy every minute of this as he grabbed her around the throat and looked like was going to give her a choke slam but for Triple H who came from behind somehow and got his own revenge hitting a low blow on Damien who let go of Stephanie who ran to the corner and through the ropes to stay away.

The referee rolled Stacy out of the ring and returned as he saw Damien holding his crotch in agony as he slowly turned around to see Triple H stood there, as a kick to the gut and a grab of the arms was met by a face to the mat with a vicious Pedigree to a huge pop from the fans. Triple H stood up as the crowd wondered why he wasn't going for the pinfall, as he looked around at the fans, with the referee wondering what was happening until he looked over at Stephanie and smiled, before walking over and holding out his hand as Stephanie slapped the hand to take the tag and she jumped back inside and ran over to make the cover. The referee didn't know what to do, but in the end he jumped down on the mat and started to count along with the fans in delight, one... two... THREE. The bell sounded as to the shock and yet delight of the fans, DX had picked up the victory, but more importantly, Stephanie McMahon had just pinned the leader and owner of the WWE, Damien in the middle of the ring. She ran over to celebrate with Triple H as they stood looking down on their victim smiling.

Coach: "Oh my lord, Stephanie McMahon has just caused the biggest upset in the company ever, she has just pinned Damien, owner of the company."

Cole: "What a night this has been, what will happen next week folks, what will Damien's reaction to this result be and will he even show up next week after being pinned by a woman, yes you heard me right folks, Damien has just been pinned by a woman in the middle of the ring."

Coach: "Bah Gawd, this is disasterous for The Gathering, bah gawd what will take place next week!"

As we reached the end of the show, we saw a shot of Triple H and Stephanie McMahon standing with their arms in the air once again over a beaten Damien.

Winners: Stephanie McMahon

MR: 78.7%

MQ: 67.8%

OR: 74.9%

Overall Rating: 61.5%

Matches Announced So Far:

WWE St Valentines Day Massacre Pay Per View on Tuesday 14th February 2006

WWE World Heavyweight Championship: Barbed Wire/Inferno:

Kane © vs Chris Jericho

War Games:

D-Generation X vs The Gathering

WWE Intercontinental Championship: Last Man Standing:

'The Real HBK' Michael Shane © vs Ansari

WWE Womens Championship: First Blood Match:

Trish Stratus © vs Victoria

WWE World Tag Team Championship: House Of Fun:

The Problem Solvers vs 'The Revolution' Matt Hardy & Robert Conway

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From next episode I may start writing the episodes in a shorter style, ie. just giving a rundown of what happened on the show instead of full out written promos as it is taking a lot of time writing each episode and I feel that may put a lot of people off reading it plus limited time I have now to write it, as I still want to continue the diary upto Wrestlemania 23 at the earliest with the Damien character/storyline as I have big plans which may, or may not conclude the year long storyline of him.

rawbanner.gif

Live from Canada

January 23rd 2006

Embarrasment?

Last week, Damien faced the most embarassing time of his career while in the WWE, when Stephanie McMahon pinned him in the middle of the ring. Since last Monday Night, Damien has been missing and has not been seen since by any of the superstars in the WWE. Is this the end of Damien, was this embarrassment too much for him to take, or has he just been planning the greatest plan of revenge to get back at Stephanie and Triple H? Will he even show up on Raw this week, or will D-Generation X have finally put the nail in the coffin and done what no one else could do?

Screwed?

Victoria last week became the Number #1 Contender to face Trish Stratus for the Womens Championship Title in the first ever 'First Blood' match at St Valentines Day Massacre on February 14th. Lita although has asked for a match against Victoria after she felt the injustice of Trish's outside interference caused her to lose concentration and lose the match. Can Lita pick up a win to try and get her back in the Title trail?

Tag Team War!

This week on Raw one half of the Tag Team Champions and Challengers who will meet at the Pay Per View will face off as half of the Tag Team Champions 'The Problem Solvers' Tyson Tomko will go one on one with 'The Revolution' Matt Hardy. After the brawl last week between the two tag teams, can Matt Hardy pick up an impressive victory against Tyson Tomko, or will a Problem be solved?

Last Man Standing!

This week two men will meet in the ring as they team up with tag team partners, with challenger for the Intercontinental Championship Ansari will team up with the current World Television Champion Nick Dinsmore, as they face off against Champion Michael Shane and his partner Val Venis. Shane issued the stipulation last week as a Last Man Standing match just moments after he hit some Sweet Chin Music to Ansari, while Val Venis has been on the wrong end of Nick Dinsmore and his 'shock stick' in the past. What will happen when these four men meet in the ring?

Handicap?

A match was announced just last night on wwe.com, as challenger to Kane for the World Heavyweight Championship, Chris Jericho will meet The Hurricane & Rosey in a 2 on 1 Handicap match. Last time these three met Chris Jericho was able to regain his job back with the WWE, but this time around can he make it two and zero against the two challengers?

The Return?

'The Great' Muhammad Hassan issued an open invitation to Christian last week to meet him in the ring on this weeks Raw. Will Christian be fit enough to show up in his home country, or will Hassan be able to attack another country with his controversial comments?

All this and more, as hosts Coach and Michael Cole can be found live on Monday Night Raw in what may be an 'EXPLOSIVE' night of Entertainment.

Confirmed Matches:

Divas Rematch:

Victoria vs Lita

2 on 1 Handicap Match:

The Hurricane & Rosey vs Chris Jericho

Singles Match:

Tyson Tomko vs 'The Revolution' Matt Hardy

Edited by goodieuk

rawbanner.gif

Live From Canada

Monday 23rd January 2006

Attendance: 4,318

TV Audience: 789,537 viewers (up by 355,670)

This weeks Raw came Live from Canada as the opening credits rolled followed by the usual pyros introductions before we were introduced to ringside with the hosts for this evening, Michael Cole and Jonathan Coachman. Cole and Coach commented on last week's Main Event which featured Damien being pinned in the middle of the ring by Stephanie McMahon, claiming it was the biggest shock in Sports Entertainment for years. Cole mentioned that Damien was last seen leaving the building last week in his limo and no one has heard from him since before we went to the opening of the show.

The show started with 'Are You Ready' hitting around the arena to loud pops from the fans as the sound of the drums echoed from the soundtrack and the music hit as out walked the team who last week picked up a victory over 'The Gathering' by Stephanie pinning Damien, D-Generation X 2006 with Shelton Benjamin, Women's Champion Trish Stratus, Stephanie McMahon and their leader Triple H. They posed at the top of the ramp doing their newly formed trademark 'Suck It Bitch' before walking down to the ring and climbing inside as Triple H carried his water bottle he is known for as he took a drink and threw it into the crowd before standing on the ring apron and spitting it up in the air before finally climbing inside the ring.

Triple H was the main focus of the talking as he discussed what happened last week and how once again D-Generation X were able to embarass Damien inside the middle of the ring. He went on to talk about how since Damien showed up things have been getting worse on Raw, and that he and the other members of DX are there to make a stand against the way Damien is running the company and it started last week with the embarassing defeat of Damien by, a woman in which they all started laughing over. Triple H then called on the guys in the truck to show footage of what happened last week on Raw as the video clip showed Damien being given a Pedigree by Triple H and then the tag to Stephanie who made the cover as the three count got hit. They all laughed as they watched it over and over as the crowd were popping for this embarassment. Triple H then told them to slow the footage down so we could see it all in slow motion as it started up and the fans enjoyed the referee's hand coming down slowly for the final third time. Hunter started to say how he hadnt seen anyone that embarassed since, well since the Ultimate Warrior was last seen on TV.

The mood changed though as the echoing sound of 'The Gatherings' theme played over the arena to a chorus of boo's as out walked 'The Master' Randy Orton with Stacy Keibler and the World Heavyweight Champion Kane alongside Maria. Orton got on the mic as they stood at the top of the ramp and started to talk about how last week was a mistake, a mistake by Triple H. Orton reminded Triple H that he was the Youngest Ever World Champion and something that not even Triple H could take that record away from him to some heat from the fans. Orton went on to state that he had been in touch with Damien this past week and although he wasn't there at this moment, he will be there later tonight and has given himself full control over the show.

Tonight Orton said, Chris Jericho will go in a Handicap Match against The Hurricane & Rosey, while later tonight Randy Orton made a match which would be the World Heavyweight Champion Kane to go one on one with.... Shelton Benjamin in a Non-Title Match. Shelton didn't look too worried by the thought of facing Kane though as Triple H backed up his protege claiming he was the future of the business which upset Orton who claimed he was the Future. Orton then issued the second match of the night he was gonna make, and it would feature himself teaming up with Stacy Keibler in a Tag Team Match against Triple H and Stephanie McMahon which got a nice pop to it. Orton finished the opening of the show by telling Triple H to remember 3 very important words that he should know by now about tonight..... "ARE YOU READY?"

The opening match of the night as we returned from the break came from Lita in a revenge match against Victoria in singles competition after Lita claimed she was robbed of the opportunity to face Trish at the next pay per view last week from Trish Stratus's outside interference. Trish stayed behind after the opening moments of the show and was sat at ringside during this Divas Match. Lita took the early advantage in the match dominating Victoria and looked to be cruising to a victory only for Trish once again to interfere in the match as she moved away from the announcers table and grabbed Lita's leg as she ran to the ropes tripping her up. Trish turned to face the fans in delight at what she'd done as Lita got to her feet and climbed through the ropes before running off the apron and hitting a splash on Trish who turned around. Lita then went on to attack Trish on the outside as she started laying into her with elbows to the face as she didn't notice at first the referee counting inside the ring as she got to her feet and was about to climb under the bottom rope but Trish held her back as the referee continued and finally reached 10 before calling for the bell as Trish let go and Lita slipped into the ring with the referee awarding the victory by countout to Victoria as Lita argued with the ref about Trish's interference once again. Trish grabbed her title and slowly made her way around the ring walking up the ramp behind Victoria who picked up another win against Lita as Trish smiled down at Lita stood in the ring raising her title above her head taunting her long time feud. Before we went to the break we heard from Michael Cole and Coach once again as the screen advertised tonight's Main Event match, Randy Orton & Stacy Keibler to face Triple H & Stephanie McMahon.

We returned from the break to find Tyson Tomko, one half of the World Tag Team Champions stood in the ring as the music hit and out walked 'The Revolution' Matt Hardy as he walked down to climb in the ring for a singles match against one half of his opponents at the pay per view. Tomko used his strength to start off well but it was Matt Hardy in the end up who was able to pick up a victory as during the match Robert Conway, partner of Matt Hardy, ran towards the ring and jumped on the apron distracting Tyson Tomko allowing Matt Hardy to get to his feet and turn Tomko around to hit a Twist of Fate on his opponent for the pinfall. After the match Hardy & Conway went about trying to hurt Tomko more as they started a beat down inside the ring until 'The Animal' Batista showed up running down to the ring and scaring off the challengers as they made a quick exit out the ring and around to walk back up the ramp as Conway raised Hardy's hand in victory in tonight's singles match with Batista checking on his partner before looking up at Hardy and Conway and claiming soon they will get payback.

After the match we found Randy Orton backstage talking on the phone to someone, discussing the matches he had made tonight and that he had everything under control. Orton then claimed that tonight he was going to take apart DX one at a time, starting with Kane destroying Shelton Benjamin. Orton finished the conversation by saying that he would see him when he arrives at the arena, and to make sure not to be late because timing tonight has to be spot on before he hung up and turned to give one of his wry smiles thinking about the plans tonight as we headed to another break.

Coming back from the break we were ready for a short Tag Team Match as Nick Dinsmore teamed up with Ansari to face off against Michael Shane and Val Venis. It was Ansari who picked up the victory in this match though as he was able to roll up Val Venis from behind while holding the tights for the quick pinfall and victory before making their quick exits and a staredown between Michael Shane and Ansari who would be meeting at the Pay Per View.

Up before the next break we heard from Cole & Coach about how Christian had suffered a severe beating at the hands of Kane previously at Unleashed and was rushed to hospital where he had been for a number of weeks, as a video aired showing moments of Christian's career over the last few months since winning the title by beating Randy Orton to being savagely attacked by Kane before losing his title to him at the Pay Per View before a graphic showed on the screen indicating that 'The Great' Muhammad Hassan is up next and he is set to call out Christian.

We returned as the Arabic music and voice echoed over the arena to a huge amount of heat as out walked 'The Great' Muhammad Hassan dressed in his robe and cloth hat as he walked down to the ring and climbed inside before taking hold of a microphone. The heat went on for a number of minutes as Hassan was able to finally speak to the fans, and cause more uproar by saying that he knows he is not welcome in Canada, especially since they are the lapdogs of the USA which gained more heat on the superstar. Hassan went on to explain about a promise he made to Damien that he would take care of Christian if he should ever plan to return to the WWE, but he could not wait until the Pay Per View and decided to call him out now, in his own back yard as he stood waiting for Christian to show up, but no one came. Hassan got on the mic again and called out Christian as a chant echoed around the arena for him to come out but no showing once again, as Hassan claimed that just like every Canadian in the building, Christian is scared of 'The Great' Muhammad Hassan and is scared of facing the real injustice that is going on in the world today. Hassan went on to talk about the injustices that he has had to face by just travelling to Canada and the way that the officials at the Airport allowed all Americans to walk through customs even though many were obviously hiding drugs and weapons, and yet he was stopped and strip searched just because he is not one of them. Hassan was about to say some more when suddenly the music of Christian hit the arena to the biggest pop of the night as Hassan turned to face the titantron and look up to see if he was going to come down the ramp. Unfortunately what he didnt see was Christian running through the crowd and jump the barrier before he slid under the bottom rope and as Hassan turned around he got hit by a vicious clothesline and taken down before Christian jumped him and started to lay a beatdown on the Arab-American. Officials came running down to break the fight up as they went at it together laying punches into each other before officials broke the two up and seperated them as they got pulled to each corner of the ring. Hassan continued dissing Canada as Christian broke free from his security and ran over to jump above the other security team holding Hassan and start beating down Hassan once again to the delight of the fans. The two eventually got seperated for a final time as Hassan got pulled down and to the outside of the ring as he was being dragged up the ramp towards the entrance away as Christian grabbed a mic and called out to the 'no good piece of garbage' that he would see him next week, one on one, no rules, no referees, a Parking Lot Brawl as Hassan was furious at this while the fans popped at their home town hero as we went to a break.

Returning to Raw we found Todd Grisham standing by backstage next to Lita who talked about being screwed two weeks running by the Womens Champion Trish Stratus, and claims that she deserves a title shot not Victoria. Lita then issued a challenge to Trish Stratus next week stating that if she could beat the Womens Champion then she would be included in the match at the pay per view before walking off.

Up next we had the 2 on 1 Handicap match as Hurricane and Rosey were stood in the ring before the arena darkened and the countdown began to some pops from the fans as out came Chris Jericho who stood at the top of the ramp with his arms out before the pyros exploded and he turned around before walking down the ramp to the fans popping in his home country. He was set upon though immediately as he stepped into the ring by the two opponents who double teamed Jericho. The match came to a close though as Rosey held Jericho while Hurricane climbed to the top rope as he jumped off with a flying dropkick only for Jericho to duck out the way and Rosey got smashed in the face sending him bouncing back and through the ropes to the outside as Hurricane looked on. He turned around to be met by Jericho's running Enzigui before a cover and pinfall for the Challenger to the Champion at the next pay per view and to the delight of the fans in the arena.

Cole and Coach then hyped the next match up which would feature Kane vs Shelton Benjamin as Jericho made his way up the ramp as we headed to a break. We returned just as the red pyros exploded at the top of the ramp and out came accompanied by Maria walked the World Heavyweight Champion Kane as he made his way down to the ring and climbed inside doing his trademark raising and lowering the arms as the pyros on the ringposts exploded. Next out walked Shelton Benjamin as he walked down to the ring while Kane let Maria out of the ring before turning around and walking towards Benjamin who jumped to the top rope from the ring apron and sprang off with a flying clothesline at Kane taking the Monster down.

Shelton battled hard against Kane who tried to keep the Worlds Greatest Athlete in one place but Shelton used his pace to keep avoiding attack but in the end it backfired as he clotheslined Kane over the top rope and then bounced off the ropes for a diving plancha over the top rope towards Kane but missed as he moved and Shelton crashed to the outside. Kane then dominated from there on as he tossed Shelton around the outside of the ring into the steps and ring post before sending him back into the ring as Maria picked up a steel chair and passed it to Kane who climbed over the top rope and inside. The ref went to stop what was about to take place but Kane just grabbed the ref by the shirt and threw him as he went flying over the top rope and crashed to the outside. Kane then lifted the chair up as Shelton got to his feet and turned around to be met by a vicious chair shot to the head as he fell backwards and rolled over. Kane then hit shot after shot on the back of Shelton as officials ran down to check on the ref and slide in to try and brake up this assault but Kane went after the officials who made quick exits out the ring. Kane then dropped the chair in the centre of the ring as he picked a beaten up Shelton off his feet who by now was bleeding heavily on his head after the chair shot as Kane picked him up by the throat and hit a deadly Chokeslam onto the chair as Shelton was out cold. Maria climbed in the ring carrying Kane's World Heavyweight Championship belt as Kane raised his arms up and down for the red pyros to explode once again to heat from the fans as Maria looked down on the assaulted Shelton smiling for her man.

Backstage after the assault we caught a shot of Triple H and Stephanie McMahon watching the monitor as they saw what had just taken place with Shelton before making their way out of the locker room to head towards the ring as Coach and Michael Cole informed us that the Main Event is up next!

We returned from the final break of the night to find Shelton Benjamin being taken away on a stretcher as Triple H and Stephanie checked on him as they walked past with Triple H informing Trish to accompany Shelton to the hospital before making their way inside the ring and Triple H got on the mic to call out Randy Orton to finish this. The music then hit, as the arena went dark and out walked 'The Master' Randy Orton and Stacy Keibler before walking down to the ring with Orton showing that grin on his face knowing everything was going to plan.

The match lasted for about ten minutes as both Orton and Triple H battled it out inside and outside the ring with Triple H gaining most of the advantage. The ending came as the camera focused on the top of the ramp where Damien had just appeared as he slowly made his way down towards the ring which distracted Triple H allowing Orton to get back into the game. With Triple H involved in the match, Stacy Keibler stepped down from the ring as Damien whispered something to her as she walked around the opposite side of the ring to Damien as they made their way towards the unguarded Stephanie McMahon. Triple H saw what was happening as he fought back against Orton before jumping out of the ring and cutting off Damien as he stopped him from coming any further as Stacy also stopped, but Orton came from behind and was able to take out Triple H as he pushed him against the ring steps crashing hard. Orton then went on to smash Triple H's head against the steps before sending him back into the ring which allowed Damien and Stacy to finish what they started.

Stephanie saw them coming as she climbed through the ropes into the ring where Orton had just laid out Triple H on the mat. Stephanie backed up before she walked into Randy Orton as she realised what she'd done and turned around to be met by Randy Orton smiling down at her as she screamed and ran towards the ropes where she climbed through and fell off the ring apron into Damien's arms who caught her. Damien's eyes lit up widely looking at his prey he wanted to gain some revenge on as he grabbed her by the hair and turned her to face Stacy Keibler who had a piece of cloth in her hand as she covered Stephanie's face who tried to struggle but couldnt stop being made to feel drowsy at the chloroform cloth covering her face before she started to faint as Damien picked her up over his shoulders and turned to walk away.

Damien walked up the ramp carrying the semi-unconciouss Stephanie McMahon over his shoulder along with Stacy Keibler at his side, as Triple H sent Orton to the turnbuckles inside the ring before realising what was happening, he went to walk over to the ropes to try and climb through to stop it but Orton quickly came back and turned Triple H around to hit a RKO on Triple H near the ropes and made a quick cover while putting his feet on the ropes as the referee counted the three and Orton picked up the victory over Triple H who couldnt break free, but he didnt wait around for the ending as he rushed up the ramp to the backstage area as Triple H started to come to. The titantron showed what was going on backstage as we saw Damien placing Stephanie into the back of the a limo as he awaited his accomplice Randy Orton who came running through the doors as Triple H saw what was happening on the screen and immediately rushed up the ramp towards the backstage area. Orton climbed into the ring as Damien sat in the limo waiting for his rival to show his face as he did coming through the doors before he looked over at Hunter and smiled at him before raising the window up and the limo sped off up the ramp leaving Triple H behind stood looking on as the limo disappeared from view as Michael Cole and Jonathan Coachman's voice echoes over the final shot of Triple H standing there wondering what was going to become of Stephanie McMahon at the hands of Damien.

Overall Rating: 71.6%

Match Results:

Victoria def. Lita

Matt Hardy def. Tyson Tomko

Nick Dinsmore & Ansari def. Michael Shane & Val Venis

Chris Jericho def. Hurricane & Rosey (Handicap Match)

Shelton Benjamin def. Kane (via DQ - Non-Title Match)

Randy Orton & Stacy Keibler def. Triple H & Stephanie McMahon

• 8 months later...